Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
A very engaging, under-stated slice of life story. It has lots of humor, and balances its various story lines between what at first seems to be mundane and everyday, along with some very serious issues that are at times apparent and at others running just below the surface of the story.

A great, great webtoon. Currently at chapter 38 and ongoing on Naver, much thanks to Easy Going Scans for all the work and effort that goes into bringing us this story.

Hopefully everyone will take the opportunity to further discuss it here............

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=460686&no=5&weekday=

http://readonline.egscans.com/Story_Of_Someone_We_Know (EGS online reader)

Edited by svines85, 05 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Chapter 17 out today..........this story just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Very good. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Whoops...........kinda had to see that development coming, oh well, maybe this will jump-start the romance

fxxbmmY.jpg

Edited by svines85, 07 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Gosh I cant help myself  to check every day to watch if there is a release

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Haha! Yeah, I have to agree with you on that, this is one I enjoy quite a bit. Still though, EGS has a lot of projects going and I'm sure this isn't one of their most popular (the curse of slice of life stories, no sex or violence :D ), so yeah, I'm glad they've kept up a steady release schedule for this of at least a chapter every 2-3 weeks on average. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

a new chapter is out at EGS http://readonline.egscans.org/Story_Of_Someone_We_Know/Chapter_020

very cute....and it looks like things might work out ok for her after all 

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sooo cute <3
I'm in love with Seo R. bf ( i think i wrote it wrong )
<3
and also feel is a conversation between you and me xD 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sooo cute <3
I'm in love with Seo R. bf ( i think i wrote it wrong )
<3
and also feel is a conversation between you and me xD 

hahaha!! ah well, so far that is, we can hope for some more avid readers to join in though :D

and yeah, you're right, he's quite the character, isn't he? XD

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

hahaha!! ah well, so far that is, we can hope for some more avid readers to join in though :D

and yeah, you're right, he's quite the character, isn't he? XD

Yeah! I hope so too...
i'm afraid that Seo R. could fall in love with her co-worker, or viceversa... i don't know T^T and I dont want that to happen!!!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

the new chapter's out.... http://readonline.egscans.org/Story_Of_Someone_We_Know/Chapter_025

I think the author enjoys teasing us readers as well  XD

Very cute new chapter, it's kind of hard not to root for Mira to get the guy

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So cute, I'm glad that so far things look like they're going well for them.............of course they're both pretty darned awkward so who knows what'll happen?  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Awwww *tears of joy* he is so sweet <3

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I guess the new chapter gives me the impression that they both have similar personalities, somewhat insecure and afraid to commit for fear of getting hurt or embarrassed. Or that seems to be the case to me so far. At least it seems like they've been able to get some of it out in the open.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Of course "who can remember?" but I think that was one of the best "holidays" type chapters I've ever read of any title........so cute  :D

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

<3 it!!!
awwww like chicken soup 4 the borken heart :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Ahhh...it seems like the story might be shifting focus to one of our other main characters now. I've actually kind of been expecting that to happen at some point. 

• Rel likes this

Tn7HA0h.png

Rel

Rel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Ahhh...it seems like the story might be shifting focus to one of our other main characters now. I've actually kind of been expecting that to happen at some point. 

yeah it seems so, but I feel that this manwha is like little bits of real life. But I hope this shift is not sad

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, there at the end of the chapter.........and I was seriously gearing up to talk about what a shiftless, no-account boyfriend he was.  >_<    

It honestly makes me feel kinda bad about it..........well, not really too bad, I actually stand by that assessment. I'd hate to see him exit the story that way though, I'd far more prefer seeing him get kicked out by her.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

madelinelime

madelinelime

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

He seemed to be having some development, for it to end that way... D: D: D:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, so he's (probably) gonna be ok, but his old lady gets the call from another woman...........yeah, that's still not exactly great, either. I honestly have to say, I thought he was looking pretty bad last chapter myself. I mean, there's only so much that be excused in the name of being accidentally "insensitive" and "oh, sorry, I never thought about how this might look to my significant other".  >_<

Edited by svines85, 28 February 2014 - 05:50 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png