Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 791votes)

Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Alt Names: alt Actually, I'm...alt 実は私はalt จุ๊ จุ๊ จะบอกว่าฉันคือ...alt 其实我是alt Doğrusu ben...alt Eigenlijk, ben ik...alt En vérité je suis…alt 사실 나는alt La verdad es que... yo soy...alt My Monster Secretalt Na verdade, eu sou...alt Sa totoo, ako ay...alt Sa'jane aku iki...alt Saleresna abi teh..alt Sebenernya aku ...alt Właściwie jestem...alt По правде говоря, я...alt האמת היא, שאני...
Author: Masuda Eiji
Artist: Masuda Eiji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet Kuromine Asahi, "the man who can't lie". On the way home, he just learned an important secret. That his crush, Shiragami Youko, is actually a vampire!
Can Asahi actually keep her secret?
It's a fun, clumsy, one of a kind vampire romantic comedy!

============Notice================
Because this manga is now licensed and released as "My Monster Secret" by Seven Seas Entertainment, we have taken down the earlier chapters. Please support the official release!
===========Notice End==============
Go to Jitsu wa Watashi wa Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Future Wife Theory New Window SteamedPrawnsInvasion
  • 3 Replies
Topic Does the anime and this follow the same plot line? New Window rgzmann
  • 3 Replies
Topic Where have I seen this art style before New Window keoss
  • 20 Replies
Topic What does it mean?! New Window SalvadorTG29
  • 1 Replies
Topic One of these days... New Window carefulcrown
  • 0 Replies
Topic Anime in the works?!? New Window Belisar
  • 7 Replies

5730 Comments

Bilang pagbigay pugay sa buwan ng wika ngayong Agosto. Ihinahandaong ng Underdog Scans sa inyong lahat ang ikalawang kabanata ng Jitsu wa Watashi wa sa saling filipino.

HAHAHA... I suddenly enjoy reading tagalog translations.... tnx underdog....xD

why is the language filipino?

because filipino is known to have barok english and cant understand the word cumming from der mout:)

why is the language filipino?

When i first landed here, someone was being anal in the hole (well good thing fella's apologized), and kobester went rage-quitting the whole thing after he got anal-ed by a used-to-be-claimed-as random passing moment, then a god and otaku and yuri character and other in the credits started an argument of whether kobester was jesus or not. Then there's iceman11 who always gave a very enlightening, fluffy little snowflake of a review, whereas later prozess enter the the scene and preach the words of trolling to be the salvation of mankind.

God this place was hectic. *slowly putting my ass outside the line*

*Bites the ass that stuck outside the line*

When i first landed here, someone was being anal in the hole (well good thing fella's apologized), and kobester went rage-quitting the whole thing after he got anal-ed by a used-to-be-claimed-as random passing moment, then a god and otaku and yuri character and other in the credits started an argument of whether kobester was jesus or not. Then there's iceman11 who always gave a very enlightening, fluffy little snowflake of a review, whereas later prozess enter the the scene and preach the words of trolling to be the salvation of mankind.

God this place was hectic. *slowly putting my ass outside the line*

Over 600 follows after just one release, congrats Underdog Scans and thanks for bringing us this entertaining manga. I hope its a weekly release can't wait for the next chapter :)  

So... ignoring the absolutely pointless argument taking place over the entire comment section:

I like the first chapter. It has potential. I just hope it doesn't have a great start into a character or plot nosedive like Sexless Friend or Happy Project.

And the apostrophe problem is already fixed. =D

Plus, I'm sure his reaction against "worse" comments would have been roughly the same; apologize, then drop the series, and have nothing to do with it again.

That's exactly what I was saying tho'. If he quits every time someone complains, he won't get much done.

I understand that he could get angry because of that comment, especially due to a lack of sleep. My point is that quitting is a bit drastic of a response for that level of comment.

Oh, I've certainly read worse scanlations. But at the same time, something like apostrophes being messed up is certainly something I would warn a friend of mine of when I was suggesting the manga to them. I may not complain about it to people, but I would note it to people I think it may bother, so that they are aware of what they will get coming in. (Just like you may tell someone that a manga has a lot of ecchi, or that a translator was being overzealous with his use of a Southern accent to show that the person is from Osaka)

Secondly, I'm not comparing Marisa_love to the "scum of the internet", but rather to say that if a comment like the one Marisa_love made gets him riled up, then the ones made by worse people will truly send him in a spiral.

Well said. But again, you would "warn" them. Marisa_love has already apologized on the matter though, so I can't hold anything against him.

And again, people have their on off days. Sleep deprivation shortens one's temper a lot. I'm not saying kobester11 was being saintly, but I can't really blame his reaction. Plus, I'm sure his reaction against "worse" comments would have been roughly the same; apologize, then drop the series, and have nothing to do with it again.

It sounds like nitpicking to me I guess mostly because I (and most likely you as well) have already gone through much, much worse scanlations than this one. Personal differences I guess.

Also, the point is not to compare Marisa_love to the scum of the internet who dedicate their lives to whining and trolling. I think I'm actually doing him a service by not relating him to them.

Oh, I've certainly read worse scanlations. But at the same time, something like apostrophes being messed up is certainly something I would warn a friend of mine of when I was suggesting the manga to them. I may not complain about it to people, but I would note it to people I think it may bother, so that they are aware of what they will get coming in. (Just like you may tell someone that a manga has a lot of ecchi, or that a translator was being overzealous with his use of a Southern accent to show that the person is from Osaka)

Secondly, I'm not comparing Marisa_love to the "scum of the internet", but rather to say that if a comment like the one Marisa_love made gets him riled up, then the ones made by worse people will truly send him in a spiral.

Hi, typesetter here. errr...Sorry about the quotation "problem". It seems the font of that automatically makes this (') into this (").

Sorry if it troubled anyone here, I'll change all the text right away. >.<

in return I'll be dropping this. learn to appriciate others work, because comments like that, "it REALLY gets on my nerves".

Ah well... my apologies, I admit it might be too harsh, yes...should've used a better language.

But yeah, well, to be honest, it was just like some kind of a passing moment, I was a bit carried away... it just kinda bugs me to see that, between ' and " you see? Again, I'm sorry for that.

It's not nitpicking to mention the apostrophes are wrong. They're actually quite prevalent throughout the chapter. Plus, if you read what Marisa_love commented:It was a sort of passing comment, and didn't seem directed at anyone in particular. That's why I said it was tame. Most people who complain will be much worse, attacking members of the scanlation group for their "bad quality".

I'm sure PROzess, since he seems to have shown his head in here, can confirm that users can, and will, leave much more toxic comments.

Maybe it was a passing comment to him, but one could easily take it to be directed at them. There were plenty of more polite ways to inquire about apostrophe usage. It sounds like nitpicking to me I guess mostly because I (and most likely you as well) have already gone through much, much worse scanlations than this one. Personal differences I guess.

Also, the point is not to compare Marisa_love to the scum of the internet who dedicate their lives to whining and trolling. I think I'm actually doing him a service by not relating him to them.

Man, pages 27 and 28 really took me off guard. I knew she was actually a vampire and I figured her real personality would be different, but what I had in mind was much more bland than what I got. The protagonist's probably gonna grow on me too and the asshole childhood friend definitely seems fun. I'll see if the author can actually make a story out of this, but for the time being, I'm pleasantly surprised with everyone involved.

HELL YA KANSAI VAMPIRE CHICK!

He could say the truth "there is nothing going between us, we are just friends. I am not hiding it from her father" which is the truth and the first thing that would they think is they are secretly dating rather than being a vampire.

Everyone has good and bad days. Personally, I think that having a class at 7:30 automatically makes a day bad, and to add on under 2.5 hours of sleep on top of that...

Dropping the project may be an overreaction, but I can't really blame him if people are going to act like buttheads and complain about a free translation that really wasn't all that bad. Maybe if Hadena were editing this or something, I'd understand, but I didn't even notice that error (see rc1138's post lols). I'm surprised there even was a comment pointing that out, most people on the comments sections I've seen here aren't as nitpicky.

It's not nitpicking to mention the apostrophes are wrong. They're actually quite prevalent throughout the chapter. Plus, if you read what Marisa_love commented:

Why the heck do you use a quotation mark ( " ) for words that are supposed to use apostrophe? Seriously, it REALLY gets on my nerves.

It was a sort of passing comment, and didn't seem directed at anyone in particular. That's why I said it was tame. Most people who complain will be much worse, attacking members of the scanlation group for their "bad quality".

I'm sure PROzess, since he seems to have shown his head in here, can confirm that users can, and will, leave much more toxic comments.

Spoiler

The definition of a lie is to lead someone to believe something that is not true, and he just can't do that. 

It's very easy to conceal something like vampirism without lying.  Just state the truth cheerfully or deadpan; everyone will assume it's a joke, maybe eventually a sort of "running gag", but nobody will actually believe it.  The more it becomes a running gag, the more easy it is to conceal oddities.  She does something superstrong?  Just crack "Yeah, well, it's because she's a vampire so obviously she'd have supernatural strength!"  Everyone laughs, fits it into the "vampire gag" category, and the topic moves on.

Not that any manga character ever will try this tactic.

well... that tactic might not work when you have a long canine that you cant hide... and if someone were to ask the main character whether the girl is vampire or not (jokingly)... im guessing the main character would pretty much make the whole situation pretty bad lol... but im enjoying this one.. hope it continues well...

It's very easy to conceal something like vampirism without lying.  Just state the truth cheerfully or deadpan; everyone will assume it's a joke, maybe eventually a sort of "running gag", but nobody will actually believe it.  The more it becomes a running gag, the more easy it is to conceal oddities.  She does something superstrong?  Just crack "Yeah, well, it's because she's a vampire so obviously she'd have supernatural strength!"  Everyone laughs, fits it into the "vampire gag" category, and the topic moves on.

Not that any manga character ever will try this tactic.

Everyone has good and bad days. Personally, I think that having a class at 7:30 automatically makes a day bad, and to add on under 2.5 hours of sleep on top of that...

Dropping the project may be an overreaction, but I can't really blame him if people are going to act like buttheads and complain about a free translation that really wasn't all that bad. Maybe if Hadena were editing this or something, I'd understand, but I didn't even notice that error (see rc1138's post lols). I'm surprised there even was a comment pointing that out, most people on the comments sections I've seen here aren't as nitpicky.

The Batoto community is a good community! There may a few sour cherries (i forgot how the saying went) in the pile but the majority is good :D

Honestly, that person's "lousy comment" was pretty tame compared to the complaints that you'll see most people make. Something like a quotation mark wherever there is supposed to be an apostrophe can really get on people's nerves. I'm actually surprised that was the only comment about it.

It's obviously your decision whether you want to typeset something. However, if you are going to overreact over a simple comment like this, (which I wholly believe you did) then I don't see you typesetting any scanlation for very long, considering that any other negative comments you will see regarding your work will most likely be much worse.

Dropping the project may be an overreaction, but I can't really blame him if people are going to act like buttheads and complain about a free translation that really wasn't all that bad. Maybe if Hadena were editing this or something, I'd understand, but I didn't even notice that error (see rc1138's post lols). I'm surprised there even was a comment pointing that out, most people on the comments sections I've seen here aren't as nitpicky.

Hi, typesetter here. errr...Sorry about the quotation "problem". It seems the font of that automatically makes this (') into this (").

Sorry if it troubled anyone here, I'll change all the text right away. >.<

in return I'll be dropping this. learn to appriciate others work, because comments like that, "it REALLY gets on my nerves".

So much for "deliberate".

Go relearn how to troll.

Honestly, that person's "lousy comment" was pretty tame compared to the complaints that you'll see most people make. Something like a quotation mark wherever there is supposed to be an apostrophe can really get on people's nerves. I'm actually surprised that was the only comment about it.

It's obviously your decision whether you want to typeset something. However, if you are going to overreact over a simple comment like this, (which I wholly believe you did) then I don't see you typesetting any scanlation for very long, considering that any other negative comments you will see regarding your work will most likely be much worse.

What you say is true, but give the man some slack here. besides they are changing the typesetter. ( i got nothing against you kobester11)

Though yes if you continue typesetting you will get some "lousy comments" but that's what makes you better, ppl telling you what you did wrong often helps you get better so you just got to swallow it and continue to get better. =)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics