Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 929votes)

Kingdom

Alt Names: alt キングダムalt Chiến quốcalt 王者天下alt El Reinoalt History of Qinalt Il Regnoalt Kaharianalt Karaļvalstsalt Karalystėalt Kerajaanalt Kongerigealt Koninkrijkalt Krallıkalt Królestwoalt Royaumealt Tsardomalt مملكةalt Кралствоalt Царствоalt ממלכהalt امپراطوری
Author: Hara Yasuhisa
Artist: Hara Yasuhisa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Won the 17th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

Related:

> Kingdom one-shots:
1. Li Mu
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/li-mu-r9692 )
2. Meng Wu and Chu Zi (Note: Contain spoilers to future events of the main story)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/meng-wu-and-chu-zi-r10078 )
Go to Kingdom Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kingdom Spoiler thread New Window Ace Baragan
  • 6 Replies
Topic Where did the chapters go? New Window Koreachess
  • 1 Replies
Topic Jump attacks and other unreallistic attacks. New Window l3alistic
  • 6 Replies
Topic Most feels death New Window icedpyro
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion Thread New Window OnePunchManFan
  • 174 Replies
Topic Does Houken really worth for Zhao 3 heaven general titile? New Window Roxis
  • 0 Replies

4978 Comments

Have you read Turnip Farmers less than 10 comments below ?
I'm not one to complain, but I wonder what reason there was to use the Japanese names instead of the Chinese. It's pretty jarring.
@annihilator

there's more than sun tzu at work here ;) but it's enjoyable non-the-less, I'm hoping for some delicious formation tactics (assuming there will be any aside from schemes!)
Humpty Dumpty sat on a walll.....
i don't know what reaction i should have this is 2 goooooooooooooooooooooooood
@magax
thanks for the info.. :) atleast it means i can still enjoy the manga for quite a long time... ^^ i just can't wait for the updates here...

thanks Turnip Farmers... :)

@uchihahwan66
yeah.. seriously jawdroppingsome..!!
well, i just probably like how the author used the war strategies and tactics trying to outwit each other enemies..(like in the art of war of Sun Tzu).. also the emotions played along with it.. ^^
still.. to each of its own.. you may or may not like it is up to you.. :)
Thank you Turnip Farmers!!
@leafye
Just made a post about why we decided to use Japanese names on our site if you're interested, although we don't expect anyone to agree with us heh.

@PrideHeart
You trippin' balls mate
@Magax
I understand that, and I don't expect romance. Frankly, considering the setting, I would assume that marriage would play a role in Xin's life at some point. I was just curious if they actually did end up together.
thank you very much for picking up that amazing manga and translating it for the readers!
@Liar
this manga is 99% action, war and tactics. there is almost no time for romance. they might "end" up together but that will probably when the manga ends in the distant future(refer to my previous comment)
the blitz of manga! The only problem i have is using Japanese names instead of the Chinese ones, but it doesn't take away from the reading experience. Keep up the good work! And you readers could look forward for more awesomeness
YES!!! Please keep up the translations for such an awesome manga please!!!! *o*
Has anyone read ahead? I would like to know if Xin and Diao ended up together.
Here they come...
I have a feeling that Ei Sei has actually died, and the current one is actually Shin's childhood friend Hyo...just that he can't reveal it to Shin.
annihilator: seriously...? I hope the author doesn't die before then...
Turnip Farmers best group eva!
Aw yeah... This is the good stuff.
Let the festivities begin. And +1 magax, the bringer of good news. Nothing better than a promising series taking ages to finish with hundreds of chapters already released, and just waiting to be scanlated and fed to us hungry dogs.
@annihilator
it is currently at chapter 333. it is far from complete assuming it ends when Zheng unites China. At the current speed, probably another 1000 chapters. The author mentioned that it would take at least 70 volumes and 8 more years before the story is complete
i watched the anime till the latest episode i could find... is this manga completed? i just cant get enough of it after watching the anime... i was hoping the manga come earlier but it seems it doesn't...

this manga is seriously awesome!!... my heart wept... i'll stop here.. dun wanna spoil any further..
Turnip Farmers I sincerely thank you for picking up this series. I've already read half way through into the series (volume 17) and honestly it is AMAZING. I can't wait to hear other people's thoughts about it on batoto.
@Jackson Boo:
kingofthenorth is right, Kingdom is small time compared to many other mangas, and One Piece for example has sold more than Naruto and Bleach combined.
As much as I like this manga, Jackson Boo you are incorrect. One Piece is the highest selling manga of all time.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics