Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFollowing Saitama...

Because the chapter are getting exciting right about now - I decided to start up this thread. Nufufufufu~

Anywhooo, to start this baby off... I was looking at the character rundown at the beginning of the chapter and noticed that Mou Ki and Mou Bu have the same character for their last names:

Spoiler

Are they related by any chance? I think they may be.

Speaking of which, when the six generals where mentioned, there was a Kyou there so that got me wondering.... is it the same a the "Kyou" in Kyou Kai's name? The features on General Kyou looks very feminine:

Spoiler

Too bad I can't see the chinese character or else it'd be easier to know if they're the same or not... Verdict: A long-shot possibility. 

Anywhooo - I'm really looking forward to the next battle. Go team Shin! I wonder if Kyou Kai will show up...?

Edited by OnePunchManFan, 20 May 2013 - 03:10 PM.

magax

magax

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Your questions will be answered(directly and indirectly) by the end of this arc so i wont spoil you...

Will be waiting for the next chapters when the men in Shin's squadron will be introduced and of course the start of 1 of the best story arcs in this manga.

For those who watched the anime, if you think the coming arc is the most epic story arc in the manga...you have seen nothing yet..And please don't spoil those who did not watch the (crappy) anime.. If you really have to, even if it's just hints, do put them under the spoiler tag. I read the raws without spoiling myself and that made me love this manga ever since. I hope the readers here will enjoy the same benefits too.

sigpic1007715_3gif.jpg

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

Your questions will be answered(directly and indirectly) by the end of this arc so i wont spoil you...

Hmm... After reading that, I don't know if I should celebrate knowing some answers will be forthcoming or shake my fist because it'll just raise more questions. But either way; gyaaah~ the anticipation if killing me! Thanks for answering. :rolls around in anticipation:

Diablo667

Diablo667

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Waiting for next chapters is much better and exciting than a kid on Xmas eve (in my case)! :P :)

hexdigit

hexdigit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

(crappy) anime

It is not crappy but it has the worst looking animation and shading I have seen in years or maybe even decades :/

Edited by hexdigit, 25 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

magax

magax

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

^exactly the reason why it is crappy. the story is great but the story came from the manga so i dont think i should give the anime any credit for the story, especially when the anime excluded the assassin arc and the shiki arc. lets hope they do make those missing arcs in the second season.

Edited by magax, 25 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

sigpic1007715_3gif.jpg

Diablo667

Diablo667

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
Hmm it seems to be possible that kyou (one of 6 great generals of King Sho) is a woman and lover of General Ouki? Ouki displayed emotions uncharacterically when he attacked Houken. Only love does that to a man.... Just my guesswork.

ryanovsky

ryanovsky

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Hmm it seems to be possible that kyou (one of 6 great generals of King Sho) is a woman and lover of General Ouki? Ouki displayed emotions uncharacterically when he attacked Houken. Only love does that to a man.... Just my guesswork.

well its kinda obvious...

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

If they were lovers, you gotta wonder if they had any children. Speaking of which, does Ouki have any kids...? If he does, it makes me wonder if said son or daughter will join the army as well. The Mou family seems to make a career out of it be it strategists or fighters.

Speculation aside, damn new chapters always have to end at a cliffhanger! >_<

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Ugh, right? It ended just as I getting hyped up for a battle. I clicked expecting a new chapter, but I realised I got to the end...

Kyou is definitely a girl; I read enough manga to know that's what the author is going for, ha ha.

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts

First off - yeah! Go Team Shin!

I wonder how they're going to get out of the situation after getting General Fuuki's head. I mean, they're still surrounded by 20,000 men+/-. The Zhao army will either a) not do anything/retreat or b ) attack regardless and Shin and the vanguard unit will be in deep shit. If b ) will Ouki or maybe Tou step in I wonder?

Edited by OnePunchManFan, 02 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Sieghart

Sieghart

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Hello everybody! Here come #somerandomguy to join in this thread hahaha~

First of, I have to that I have actually zero knowledge about the Warring States of China but I did look up the Qin Dynasty once upon a time and my memory fails at that.

My interest in China's history started with Romance of the Three Kingdoms games of Koei and then went on and on. A common story I'm sure.

On to topic,

It's soon to be Fuu Ki vs Shin.

Now, I know in war... big sh!t happens everywhere all the same time and more dangerously so in the ancient times when technology didn't allow long range communication.

Do some you guys think that Shin could pull off taking Fuu Ki's head? I kinda not think so, even if he is the MC, because of the experience disparity.

A man forged in the flames of loss and victory over x-number of battles vs a Shin, a genius in his own right but isn't forged the same way as Fuu Ki?

I've got other speculating questions but I'll stop here for now.

Aleks

Aleks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

well you have to let the characters grow steadily first

you'll know soon enough who are the arch enemies of xin (those who watch the anime already know, and the qwacks like me who check the raws and depend on Magax's summaries too haha)

but for now xin is far from being able to stand against any general, for now...

Portgas D. Itachi

Portgas D. Itachi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Magax summary?

LINK PLEASE!

well you have to let the characters grow steadily first

you'll know soon enough who are the arch enemies of xin (those who watch the anime already know, and the qwacks like me who check the raws and depend on Magax's summaries too haha)

but for now xin is far from being able to stand against any general, for now...

Aleks

Aleks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

here's the link  http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/440972-summary-of-the-manga

sorry magax but I think you don't have a problem with it so I took the liberty to link it here, if that pose a problem I'll edit my post and delete it :)

the summary is not extra precise but you have the main story line updated and the main things recorded here

that help you understanding what's happening in the raws

well that's more than enough for a summary

(in the last raw = chap 350 , xin is simply epic...whaa)

Edited by Aleks, 17 July 2013 - 03:50 AM.

magax

magax

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

yeah. just feel free to read if you dont mind spoilers. just a pretty rough summary to summarise the events. do continue to read the manga for the details of the events.

sigpic1007715_3gif.jpg

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

What a quandary, to turn a blind eye while the people get raped and slaughtered, or attack, but lose everything and not be able to help others in the future. Well, obviously shin isn't going to do something to lose his position, then where would the manga be left with?

Though this is a false choice, there are things that he can do. He can protect people, literally blocking the killers path. They claim a area? So can shin.Still, this seems inadequate considering the horror of it all.  And next town, how will shin go about things, knowing to bring down the town also can mean to bring rape and slaughter to it. Maybe he will manage to convince them to surrender by breaking in and killing their commander but leaving the door shut, or something.  Or perhaps he can get the support of the higher ups in stopping this kind of thing in the future.

The law says no killing allies, well no attacking em either I suppose. But I wonder about a little maiming.

Edited by truepurple, 16 August 2013 - 07:27 PM.

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania

in chapter 200 I think he was made  on thousand general. It this so?

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

This is not the place to discuss spoilers beyond current release.

leokiko

leokiko

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrazil

But it's the place to discuss the chapter themselves, unlike the comments section below.