Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jump attacks and other unreallistic attacks.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

l3alistic

l3alistic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Shin makes so many jumps attack and everyone is always so astonished, they don't bother to hit such a easy target. This isn't super mash bros, you can't dodge in the air or attack with much force. I guess in a world where people can chop whole rows of armored soldiers in half, physics don't apply, but don't you go jumping thinking it will give you an advantage in a fight.

Edited by l3alistic, 17 March 2017 - 04:56 AM.

Seemstress

Seemstress

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

It may be based on real events but it is still fiction...

ThinkPositive

ThinkPositive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorway

Yep, this is totally fiction,, the only real thing are some of the names of kings and generals, and the wars have been written down. The jump-attack is not the strangest thing in this series! It's not completely fiction, though. Which is nice. But it's a comic, of course they overdo things

Greenstalker

Greenstalker

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Rule of cool >>>>>>>>>> Real world Physics.

LeeJiHae

LeeJiHae

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I like so much Kingdom, even when characters jump like they're living in the moon or the horses don't have a butt (lol)...
I don't know if "slid" is the correct termn to spanish "derrapar" but... I absolutely love when horses slid like bikes XDDD

Sorry for my bad english...

Edited by LeeJiHae, 25 August 2017 - 03:27 PM.

Nimroth

Nimroth

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The most recent chapters even have a jumping horse attack...

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Like you said, you can't slash through hordes of bodies metal armor and all, in a single swipe, unlike you see here regularly, people really underestimate how tough bones are, especially bones in strong healthy individuals.That is even worse than the jumping IMO. People in this comic have supernatural strength and abilities, just how it is.

From what I understand, in battle its trying to find the right balance between breaking through the enemies armor, and targeting weak points like eyes, neck, and belly as well as slashing bleeding wounds and cutting muscle without your weapon getting stuck in your victim leaving you exposed as you pull it free. That's why swords are good for large melee battles, you can slash without risking your weapon getting stuck. Compared to spears which probably are basically one time per battle use.

Also, soldiers fighting so much tougher because a great general is leading them is silly too. Morale can only go so far.

Edited by truepurple, 09 September 2017 - 04:00 AM.