Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 388votes)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Alt Names: alt เพลงรักสองหัวใจalt 四月は君の嘘alt 四月是你的谎言alt Dustamu di Bulan Aprilalt Nisandaki Yalanınalt Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usoalt Tu Mentira en Avrilalt You Lie in April
Author: Arakawa Naoshi
Artist: Arakawa Naoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Nominated for the 2012 Manga Taisho Award.

Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (2013).
Go to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Highschool New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 5 Replies
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 22 Replies
Topic why did this Manga end so soon? New Window HidekazuX
  • 8 Replies
Topic *SPOILERS* Raw discussion New Window Zortez
  • 15 Replies
Topic Good classical music to read with this New Window RedSaber
  • 5 Replies
Topic Please, translate the manga to spanish New Window Endark
  • 1 Replies

793 Comments

Well then. My soul has been very nicely broken into pieces.... ; _ ;

And her I thought I was prepared for it. You just can't get used to sad endings

why_must_you_hurt_me_in_this_way_harry__

Well then. My soul has been very nicely broken into pieces.... ; _ ;

thank you for your hard work in translate this amazing manga.

I always has a space in my mind for this beautiful manga, thanks Easy Going Scans.

May the retards who keep saying Kaori is horrible for using "their" Kousei to get close to Watari now shut up.

Spoiler

Now onto commenting about the chapter, I feel like the long foreshadowing (through many developments, chapter titles, and the manga title, even) has decreased the emotional impact this moment could have delivered by a huge lot. Anyone else think so?

One day, far in the future, may be, I will reread the entire manga again. Hopefully I could experience the full impact then.

That plot twist on

Spoiler
tho.

I must say, this is one of those cases in which I find myself thinking "yes, this is an awesome manga/anime, I understand why everyone loves it, but still I don't enjoy it as much".

That being said,

Spoiler

Besides Kaori, though, I must say that the plot, the drawings, the representation of the concerts were all realized spectacularly and they're what bring this manga above many others. Still, I don't really like any of the characters, and that's why I'm not into this as much as most of the other readers.

WHY THE F**K DO THE AUTHOR INSERT SOMETHING FROM BYOSOKU 5 CM THERE??!!!!

*still crying*

Ty egscans for translating this manga!! 

Well great. Now how do I spend my Mondays? The past few weeks I just sat here and click the refresh button for about four hours.

My god....the tears....T_T

They won't stop. T_____________________T

Beautifully done. One of the best manga i have ever read.

Spoiler

Thank you for all the hard work, EGS.

I agree with Divini, all good things must come to an end, and for this kind of story, this kind of series, the ending was quite fitting. The feels through out the story.... beautiful and sad at the same time.

Have to admit that I won't really mind if there's a "sneak peek" to Kosei's future (not the continuation, mind you, just an extra or something), but as of now this series is perfect as it is.

One of the best series I ever read.

Thank you for your work!!! I'm looking forward to your next work.

One of the best completed series i have read in years.

I mentioned this in a thread no one replied to so I'll repeat the question here:

Anyone think there may be a sequel that focuses on Kosei's high school days?

Perhaps you've heard of this saying:  "All good things must come to an end."

... and ch44 is the perfect place to end.

I mentioned this in a thread no one replied to so I'll repeat the question here:

Anyone think there may be a sequel that focuses on Kosei's high school days?

its almos like 5cm/sec

Too long to make the impact sharp, too short to make the impact lasting. Having just finished reading this, I feel... empty. It just feels like they don't give you time to let you feel anything.

Like the pieces Arima played early on, the series accelerated until it fell into an inexplicable, implacable darkness. Worth a read for 90% of the series, but the ending will leave you utterly bemused, and - if I dare say it - bitterly disappointed.

this kind of story, you always knew how it will end since earlier... and being wrong doesn't really matter. Stories like this are always about the journey and not the end. you just refused to accept the end since the author made you, us, care about the characters so much we refuse to let go.

*flips photo album

I bet in the letter

Spoiler

....you linked the exact same piece.....

Absolutely no. Listen carefully.

I wish I could find it beautiful, I wish I could love it till the end, I wish it would not end so soon. So many  unfulfilled wishes, it's a shame that Arakawa Naoshi choose to end it this way, I can understand why he did it but I still can't come to like it. For some people it might be great but to me it's just sad. There's still one chapter to go, but at this point everyone already knows what's gonna happen...

I'm going to go stand on a dock smoking and stare solemnly into the horizon now.

Woah, bro... deep.

Someone has to restate the cliches, otherwise they will cease to be cliche.

ch 44 ed spoilerrrrrr

Spoiler

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics