Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 388votes)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Alt Names: alt เพลงรักสองหัวใจalt 四月は君の嘘alt 四月是你的谎言alt Dustamu di Bulan Aprilalt Nisandaki Yalanınalt Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usoalt Tu Mentira en Avrilalt You Lie in April
Author: Arakawa Naoshi
Artist: Arakawa Naoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Nominated for the 2012 Manga Taisho Award.

Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (2013).
Go to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Highschool New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 5 Replies
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 22 Replies
Topic why did this Manga end so soon? New Window HidekazuX
  • 8 Replies
Topic *SPOILERS* Raw discussion New Window Zortez
  • 15 Replies
Topic Good classical music to read with this New Window RedSaber
  • 5 Replies
Topic Please, translate the manga to spanish New Window Endark
  • 1 Replies

793 Comments

Had a couple of comments:

1. Not sure of the necessity for Kouri's surgery other than to give the readers hope that she may survive.

2. Little disappointed in the outcome with Tsubaki. Basically, she is always going to be second fiddle to Kaori and will never have the chance to be 1st in Kousei's eyes; at least in any sense that matters. 

It seems I've developed a sudden allergy, but I'm not sure what to, because my eyes are watering heavily for no apparent reason.

Yes... no reason at all.

man, please go see a doctor D: genuine concern here D;

I-I'm not crying... It's just those damn invisible ninjas cutting onions right in front of my face... ;m;

Ok,so this started out as cute story about kids playing music and turned into the most clichéed story possible. Lately the more manga I read, the more I convince myself that japanese people are preprogrammed robots and not actual humans with emotions... To comment on the ending, emotionally, without giving away too much:

Spoiler

to use tragedy to appeal to readers. sad. all those angst filled chapters just leads to a bullshit ending. people think it's beautiful? so basically..the mc, a guy reeling from the tragedy of losing his mother, his reason to live and the one thing he's good at, gets saved by a girl who makes him fall inlove with her and saves him from the depths of despair, only to die a few months later all the while mimicking the last moments of the mc's mother. then sends him a letter after dying confessing her love for him at a time when the mc can't hold her any longer. dafuq? i wonder what people will think..if in berserk, after arriving in elf island, guts' new companions gets sacrificed yet again, caska also gets raped again but this time, caska actually dies and guts takes all the tragedy better. that's basically how this shit progressed.

Well, hopefully people will think that's completely different, because it is. There's only two things Kousei could have done in both cases: bear with it and make things easier on the dying person. This time, he did very well on both counts. Kaori died peacefully and he's better off than he was at the start of the story.

Death doesn't equal tragedy, people. Sadness doesn't equal tragedy. It takes a sense of defeat and this story didn't have it.

biblethump-bf4-emblem_1.jpeg

It seems I've developed a sudden allergy, but I'm not sure what to, because my eyes are watering heavily for no apparent reason.

Yes... no reason at all.

wow, this manga left me with many emotions, one of the best mangas i have ever read, im a musician so  i understand that sometimes the struggles of this art is the only way to improve. and having someone to love to get inspiration.  this manga will have now a special place to me. totally recomended!!

i agree that the ending shouldnt be something that can be predicted at the start of the story. but seriously, in this story's case, isnt kaori's survival at the end the more unpredictable ending instead of her dying? leave the true death flags to akame ga kill. is it too much to ask for fake death flags here?

No that is not to much to ask, and that would of been a welcoming surprise. But, sense that did not happen I am still happy with how it ended and enjoyed it. The hole time reading last 4 chapters I was hoping author would just surprise us. Sense that did not happen do you really think the story was terrible?

Not everybody can like how a story is written. Just because some people don't think a tragedy can make a beautiful story, doesn't mean other people think that way. I do aggree that it would of been nice to see a different ending but, to me that would of change the story for how it was wrote. So I am perfectly fine with the ending for how it is. And, I do think it was a beautiful story and ending. I mean do people really want to know the ending of every story they read before they actually read it? To me that is how happy ending are like.

i agree that the ending shouldnt be something that can be predicted at the start of the story. but seriously, in this story's case, isnt kaori's survival at the end the more unpredictable ending instead of her dying? leave the true death flags to akame ga kill. is it too much to ask for fake death flags here?

to use tragedy to appeal to readers. sad. all those angst filled chapters just leads to a bullshit ending. people think it's beautiful? so basically..the mc, a guy reeling from the tragedy of losing his mother, his reason to live and the one thing he's good at, gets saved by a girl who makes him fall inlove with her and saves him from the depths of despair, only to die a few months later all the while mimicking the last moments of the mc's mother. then sends him a letter after dying confessing her love for him at a time when the mc can't hold her any longer. dafuq? i wonder what people will think..if in berserk, after arriving in elf island, guts' new companions gets sacrificed yet again, caska also gets raped again but this time, caska actually dies and guts takes all the tragedy better. that's basically how this shit progressed.

Not everybody can like how a story is written. Just because some people don't think a tragedy can make a beautiful story, doesn't mean other people think that way. I do aggree that it would of been nice to see a different ending but, to me that would of change the story for how it was wrote. So I am perfectly fine with the ending for how it is. And, I do think it was a beautiful story and ending. I mean do people really want to know the ending of every story they read before they actually read it? To me that is how happy ending are like.

Source please. A lot of things happening for this series like the anime finishing this week, OVA (apparently original story) bundled in last manga volume, and a "miracle" that will be revealed on Friday from the website anime website.

Well I guess I better put this manga's anime adaptation on my watch list. 

(oops double posted)

I want this mangaka to write a second ending. I know he wrote this fully intending the tragedy but he's already written that. Why not write another ending? Is it because it wouldn't propel Arima's future as a pianist? Not fair =( The world was a better place with Kaori in it. She left it making the world better but if she stayed, imagine what greatness she would have accomplished~

Yep, as I though, the ending sucks. I would not recommend it to anyone nor would I read it again. I think it had a potential to be something more even if the author didn't want it to be anything more than a emotional heavy story with too much suffering and too little happiness...

Worth it.

One of the best manga I have ever read.

anmPeHg.gif 

I said I wasn't going to cry. I said I wasn't g... going to cry. I-I... Waaahhhh!!! *sobs uncontrollably*
It's beautiful. I really can't say anymore than that. Truly, truly beautiful.

woahhhh!!!!

sooo sadd!!!!

sniff! sniff!

Just NOMINATED for the Manga Taisho 2012 award?  The winner damned well better be the new Japanese Shakespeare or my cynicism about artistic awards committees will become absolute.  Incredible manga: art, story, pacing, characterization.  Well done, Arakawa Naoshi Sensei, and well done Easy Going Scans.  Thank you for bringing us such a beautiful and well drawn/written manga.  Definitely top of the line.

Manga Taisho is a tough award to win, the competition is some without a doubt some of the highest quality stuff in the market.

I'm crying

whats up with the creepy lips in this manga

I really wanted to read the manga but when I heared what happened to Kaori I was so mad lol. And the other annoying girl is still alive.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics