Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 484votes)

Spirit Circle

Alt Names: alt スピリットサークルalt 魂环alt 魂環alt Ruh Çemberi
Author: Mizukami Satoshi
Artist: Mizukami Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?
Go to Spirit Circle Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Concluding thoughts... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 5 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Spirit Circle New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic To conclude... How was it? New Window Omerlife
  • 0 Replies
Topic Honest Thoughts New Window CPainter307
  • 0 Replies
Topic Wow, just , marvellous New Window WaterlyWinds
  • 5 Replies

530 Comments

Is it just me or in years, he hasn't grown an inch?
Well, that was random.
Spoiler
so far so good
Spoiler
Great story, definitely is a story where the author's creativity has free reign and can really shine, the cliche plot is more the framework, the substance of the plots however is first-class. Definitely worth reading, great pacing of the plot as well, wasn't bored or felt anything was needless or a filler.
this is awesome and ambitious and this author raises the bar for every genre he touches
When I read the description: What the hell with all these mumbo jumbo of cliches
When I found out who is the mangaka: Read it without second thought
When I complete five chapers: Give me six! Give me even moarrrrr of the godly Mizukami Satoshi
I'm pretty certain with Fuuta that he wants to end the hatred between them because he's just a good person. He wouldn't be the first Mizukami protagonist to be so (see: Hiiragi in Psycho Staff, though rather more cynical than Fuuta), and it's a solid foundation for lots of interesting tensions in his character and relationship to Kouko as the older, more traumatic memories filter in. Mizukami has very serious themes underpinning all his longer works, and I'm getting at least hints here that this one is about growing beyond our egos and grudges. That at some point, someone has to be the first to hold out an empty hand in peace and try to understand the other. Their recurring conflicts also seem to be across cultural barriers to understanding and unequal power relationships, so maybe now that they're on a more even footing they can finally make the effort.

I'm also pretty certain that Fuuta's immediate affinity for Kouko isn't sexual, or at least not entirely, but a latent recognition of someone with whom his life is inevitably tangled, and he just confused it with that basic attraction. Mizukami has earned my trust that he wouldn't make a character's motivations as simple as sex, there's always something deeper at work.
Well, I don't know enough about the manga to say if Vent du Noir has a point--this is just a driveby--and yeah, shoulda been spoilered. But theroadstopshere, Vent du Noir didn't suggest killing her, so get a handle on the rage and parse people's sentences before you vent on them. I think it's fair to say that if someone has killed you multiple times in the past, there might be reasons not to try to become close with that person. It's no doubt arguable case by case, but it's not a "You bastard for even raising the issue" kind of question.
And Freud is bunk, but Freud hardly has a monopoly on the idea that sexuality is a huge motivator even when it's not explicitly stated. Even the sweetest, chastest shoujo has sex somewhere down beneath. Not only sex, but it's there somewhere.

ah ... another stupid cliché hero who's give up anything for a cute girl ... truly a n innuendo of pervert..... SHE.... KILLED.... YOU .... SEVEN FUCKING TIMES........ but no "let's sort out this bad blood of the past ... because you're cute and i want to fuck you"..... he deserve to died an eighth time

First off, lets put that in spoilers next time, K? >_> Seriously, its not that hard to remember.
And to respond to that: Great idea! We should totally make things even worse and get sent to jail for murder! Screw trying to live a normal life, lets kill one of our classmates over a grudge from another lifetime! /sarcasm off
And go take your Freudian accusations elsewhere, they don't apply here. I have never met a Mizukami character who does something like that because they "want to fuck her". Its one of the things I really like about his work.
ah ... another stupid cliché hero who's give up anything for a cute girl ... truly a n innuendo of pervert..... SHE.... KILLED.... YOU .... SEVEN FUCKING TIMES........ but no "let's sort out this bad blood of the past ... because you're cute and i want to fuck you"..... he deserve to died an eighth time
The way he wrote Thai numbers is a bit funny though.
Holy crap! It's only been four days since the last one! I'm so freaking happy!!! Thanks Duralumin!!!
Oh man, I'm loving this.
oh look, self-entitled dumb dogma-driven knights of bs oders.

this arc is gonna piss me off royally isn't it?
This just keeps on getting interesting, I can't wait for more
I'm really looking forward to more of this its great so far
Two months sure it's a long time. Since I read last chapter, I've finished reading all LN volumes of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and To Aru Majutsu no Index... ALL -.-"
Now where have I seen this before?
@ChicagoTed
Monthly as best I can tell.

Can't wait for more!
Damn...Cliffhanger...it was getting to the good part Posted Image
Also: Fuuta's dad holding the lizard upside down made me laugh. Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer reference ftw. Use your escape gimmick, Noi!

So, how often does this get released?

Not often enough.
So, how often does this get released?
Foxy, where is your comment ?
And that is why doctors tell you to use crutches -.-"

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics