Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Honest Thoughts

spirit circle thoughts random le meme

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

CPainter307

CPainter307

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Location---

So, I read a lot of manga in my free time (mostly because we have access to laptops at my high school). The first stuff I read was like video game tie-ins: Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, etc. And then I branched out to shounen and from there I cascaded into reading pretty much all the time. Honestly, though, I have never in my life read something quite like Spirit Circle. Honestly, it's my favorite. The way that Satoshi Mizukami's art and style meshes with this story is borderline perfect. His art may not be the greatest there is, but its simplistic design leaves room for so much expression of emotion. His big moments are so big (which can also be felt near the latter half of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and especially Sengoku Youko) and they cause impact. There's also the way that he weaves all of the different stories (or Fuuta's different lives) into one story while still making each of them interesting in standalone. I've noticed that the chapters on here stop before Lafalle, so if you haven't read that far on another site, you should. It's arguably the best of his past lives.