Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 312votes)

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

Alt Names: alt A Love Story in Moist Rainy Daysalt ひるなかの流星alt แสงดาวกลางใจalt Cookie Girl, Cream Boyalt Daytime Shooting Staralt Estrella Fugaz durante el díaalt Günışığında Kayan Yıldızalt Hatsukoi Murasakialt Hirunaka no Ryūseialt Hirunaka no Ryuseialt Purple Lovealt Tsuyu Kaorualt Una Stella Cadente In Pieno Giornoalt 昼行闪耀的流星alt Дневной звездопад
Author: Yamamori Mika
Artist: Yamamori Mika
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: When her father transfers overseas, fifteen-year old country girl Suzume has to move to Tokyo to live with her uncle. Lost and confused in Tokyo, she bumps into a mysterious man. Who is he? And it turns out he's her homeroom teacher...?

Special:
> Hirunaka Shikkaku
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-shikkaku-r9404 )

Special #2:
>Hirunaka no Chouchou & Hibi Ryuusei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hirunaka-no-chouchou-hibi-ryuusei-r12754 )
Go to Hirunaka no Ryuusei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Shishio VS Mamura New Window chiibit
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 14 Replies
Topic Your Favorite Interactions! New Window holanio
  • 5 Replies

539 Comments

That special could've been handled a bit better... It also feels like the author shoehorned in the genderbend extra to avoid giving actual conclusion. It was nice, though. I'll miss Sensei a lot.

Also many thanks to Damn Feels for scanlating this!

Kinda would have liked it from Shishio's perspective. 

Spoiler

All in all, a good with exceptions series. Wouldn't recommend it over many more series of the genre, though. I really, really liked the art, and appreciated all the effort on the little details (clothes, hairstyles, faces,...). And liked a lot the side characters, their interactions, and such, more than the main triangle.

And, last but not least, thanks for the scanlators! I mean, I seldom if never said that, so let me make that a habit!

I already finished this manga, so I don't mind too much but... seriously, do people not know how to use spoilers or something?

FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING READING THIS MANGA: WARNING! LOTS OF COMMENTS BELLOW THIS POINT SPOILS THE ENDING.

not really an avid fan of this series, but still surprised bcs I suddenly read somewhere that it has ended with suzume & mamura as a pair

I really can't believe that it ended so quick, bcs the last time I read this was on chapter 72, defly at that time I don't see the ending was coming, so yeah surprised

tho I'm not an avid fan I feel quite annoyed towards the ending, I was supporting Suzume & Shishio and suddenly it was dropped wtf

I dont hate mamura, I want him to be happy, but not with giving suzume to him ==

well yeah after all I'm a fan of age gap pairings~

I absolutely agree with you.

not really an avid fan of this series, but still surprised bcs I suddenly read somewhere that it has ended with suzume & mamura as a pair

I really can't believe that it ended so quick, bcs the last time I read this was on chapter 72, defly at that time I don't see the ending was coming, so yeah surprised

tho I'm not an avid fan I feel quite annoyed towards the ending, I was supporting Suzume & Shishio and suddenly it was dropped wtf

I dont hate mamura, I want him to be happy, but not with giving suzume to him ==

well yeah after all I'm a fan of age gap pairings~

There there, let's stop with the agonies and enjoy this page, made for celebration of Usotsuki Lily

Spoiler

Terrible ending, but thats my personal opinion. How can someone that from beginning till around middle of the story suddenly just becomes..Uh I hate this manga.. Regrets of reading sigh..

I'm sad for Shishio.. I actually really liked his character, and god, the ending felt forced.

I really loved this manga, but somewhere along the way it lost me

this is why I hate love triangles - the heartbreak! 

I'm so happy right now.

I don't like Shishio from the beginning but even so, I felt sorry for him in the end. Though, it was only for a second... Because I was just wants Mamura to be happy and finally it was so.

I am finished this manga with big smile on my face.

Huh. Even though I was rooting for the endgame couple in this one and happy they are together, the ending was not very satisfying. It just sort of... stopped without much resolution. Why does the romance story have to end at the confession? What about the other characters? I'm sure I'll get a few answers in the extra, but I am not a fan of how this wrapped up. Oh well.

I remember reading somewhere where it's no fun to read about people's love stories after thick and thin. I think this makes a little sense. It's really hard to continue shoujo mangas like that because it's uncertain what the reception from the audience would be. People may want it but I honestly don't think it's not going to actually satisfy them. 

Reaction to ending (I have not written any spoilers here but per policy of batoto, I am forced to use the spoiler)

Spoiler

Suzume and my feelings about her actions(spoilerish for this one)

Spoiler

Well, that was expectedly bland. I called that ending 2 chapters ago. I can't really recall when it turned sour, but overall, it was an averagely enjoyable read.

Spoiler

In the end, I think the problem with this for me is that it was a romance manga, but I actually enjoyed the characters much more when they were just hacking around forming friendships and stuff instead of being in a romance.  Which is odd since I'm a diehard romance fan.

I believe what you have done is describe what was the original appeal of this manga. And for that, I realize that it's probably more accurate in terms of the timing of when my feelings about Suzume started to change. 

Guys, guys...USE THE FREAKING SPOILER TAGS.

For crying out loud, I was planning to wait for chapter 78 to come out, but now so many of you have ruined the ending by not using the spoiler tags that I don't even know if I'm going to bother with it.  All I did was briefly glance over the comments and it didn't take a genius to figure out what they mean.

That being said, I would like to thank those of you who had the common courtesy to do so.  Really: thanks (that's not sarcasm, btw).  I haven't read any of what you wrote. :)

EDIT:

Alright, I read the final chapter and...

Spoiler

Last, but most definitely not least, thanks so much to all the scanlators who worked on this!!

This is the end? Oh c'mooooooon!

I thought the same, I was waiting for more of this history!!

This is the end? Oh c'mooooooon!

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

what a lovely ending

I thought everything was over...that she would definitely end up with sensei....I was prepared....but instead!!!Well played author,well played.

Yes,I'm so happy.
But somethings are still unsolved so I'll be looking forward to the extra chapter! 

I have no preference for ships so I was amused by how open/ambiguous everything was until the last chapter ( Bc no matter the turn out, mangaka could back it up). Some pages could be interpreted as Suzume still having feelings for shishio or slowly falling for mamura but the mangaka was pretty careful about it (at least that's what I think). Before this chapter everything was so vague that the mangaka could switch between either ship last minute and still have a pretty good ending. Tbh, I like this ending. It's really nice and...fresh? Idk lol
Meh. While I liked Suzume's character, I never liked both male leads. What a waste.
I have such mixed feelings i have been rooting for mamura since the beginning but i had also resigned myself to the fact that i was pretty sure sensei was going to be endgame.. I'm happy that such a positive and happy relationship was chosen too but i think a few extra chapters are needed to fill up some of the emptiness here...

Well....the author definitely threw a curveball there -.- I was so convinced she was gonna go with Shishio by the end that I almost gave up on Mamura and Suzume. As for the ending...it's...adequate. I mean I get the reasoning behind Suzume's decision but I feel like the whole thing was rushed. And I hope they'll explore the other characters because I would really like to see Yuyuka and Togyuu special :)

Huh. Even though I was rooting for the endgame couple in this one and happy they are together, the ending was not very satisfying. It just sort of... stopped without much resolution. Why does the romance story have to end at the confession? What about the other characters? I'm sure I'll get a few answers in the extra, but I am not a fan of how this wrapped up. Oh well.

I'm actually impressed Mamura ended up winning.

Like the story had been full blown sensei for no goddamn reason and then breaks its back to turn back for Mamura.

Granted if she ended up going back with the Sensei, I would've been highly displeased, so I'm glad to see the writing wasn't completely terrible.

This story made no sense. Even by manga standards this was nothing more than a little girl's crush. A handsome teacher swarmed by adolescent girls falls in love with one after she puts on makeup? Sounds very believable....  I decided to give this a shot since i liked Last Game and Horimiya but shoujo just isnt for me.

I don't think shoujo is the problem here.  If you want relatable shoujo you might be better off with Dengeki Daisy or Ore Monogatari or on the cuter side Love So Life or Lovely Everywhere or 14-sai no Koi.  And if a person was looking for sensei-student romance, well, Sensei! would be the place to go.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics