Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 395votes)

Spirit Migration

Alt Names: alt スピリット-マイグレーションalt Миграция Духа
Author: Hero Tennki
Artist: Akane Kotetsu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy Fantasy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A spirit was floating in another world's dungeon, missing its memories. Eventually "he" learned to possess other creatures and using the bodies of the beasts in the dungeon, made his way to the outside world. Dragging a young female knight, a pretty young lady, and even a beautiful mercenary into the mix, our protagonist begins his great adventure in this world!

Japanese chapter updates monthly on the 3rd Wednesday.
https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/128000095
Go to Spirit Migration Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic any video games like this? New Window bahtohtoh
  • 17 Replies
Topic Spirit Migration released chapter discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Why it makes sense for Kou to be so nice and forgiving. New Window truepurple
  • 16 Replies
Topic Didn't this have another name under another listing at one point? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic What the author could have left out to make this story better. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Spoilers Alert: q&a New Window lygarx
  • 2 Replies

752 Comments

THE PLOT!
IT'S PROGRESSING FASTER THAN NISEKOI! lol..although any manga plot progresses faster than nisekoi. ~170chapters for a pendant that could be opened with available keys.

How can this be a harem when they aren't even his women to begin with? The women in this story mostly have relationships wirh other men rathwr than the mc. He is just a pet at most. Always bothered by that tag, very misleading.

because that tag so far is a lie, it should be a tag called multi-girl, cause most harem tags are a lie and a disappointment

How can this be a harem when they aren't even his women to begin with? The women in this story mostly have relationships wirh other men rathwr than the mc. He is just a pet at most. Always bothered by that tag, very misleading.

Spoiler

O, the dog saved us and brought us weapons? Fucking kill it!

Standard generic killable npc

I thought that the priest is a guy...That's how I imagined the chara is in the novel...orz...

whwooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dat priest dat priest!!!!

Spoiler

depends on the situation. if they don't want to or it's against their religion then yeah, it'd be rape, but then again you're already possessing them so you're already raping them spiritually so i think this is a moot point. (unless you're the the spirit dude in this story, then you're just kinda hitching a ride.)

Dude, put the images in spoiler tags...

k5s6h.jpg

By definition, no. If you're from Tumblr, it depends if the beast has more privilige than you.

k5s6h.jpg

Dude....

k5s6h.jpg

Gashe looks a lot younger than I expected...

Interesting, how long will it take for him to find a braindead humanoid to possess?

Huh, I actually find it a little surprising that nobody has commented on the small irony about the possession so far. The irony being that the Protagonist takes the shape of a keyhole whenever he possesses a creature, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's doing since he's technically the metaphorical key that unlocks the doorway to the host's mind.
Moving on, I find this story to be a very intriguing concept, and moreover its premise and setting are actually really original and attention-catching. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.
... Although I do have a little trepidation in regards to the protagonist's gender. Seeing as how "he's" basically a formless mass of consciousness right now and the first inkling we had of "his" gender had air-quotes in it...

not a key hole but a little blury person with no features

Rather than "he" being gender neutral, it's the other way around. Most people just assume the gender is male if they don't know the gender.

It's not uncommon to use a "generic he" and that was even taught as the correct grammar in many schools through the 19th and 20th centuries. (Which, contrary to what you might think, wasn't necessarily because of any sexism, but rather because much like the word for "men" ultimately was derived from the Germanic languages in which it was originally gender neutral. So it was an attempt to solve this inadequacy in the English language by returning meaning lost to the word over time.)

However, the "generic he" has fallen out of favor more recently for the confusion and distress it causes with a single word sometimes being gendered and sometimes being neutral in the exact same context. Honestly, the best alternative (in my opinion) that's commonly used is a "singular they". (with "they"s various forms) This doesn't require us invent any new words (which has been done, a bunch of times, but never caught on widely) and it has been common in spoken English sense the 15th century. (look it up, Shakespeare used it.)

Many a translator has missed this bit of English as an option when translating gender neutral language, which is sad to me because they did have this pretty good option. ;) I believe any native speaker wouldn't even notice a singular "they" while picking up the correct meaning and intent when reading.

They sped things up a lot compared to the LN. I wonder if they'll slow it down again once they get past the introductory parts?

[...] The irony being that the Protagonist takes the shape of a keyhole whenever he possesses a creature [...]

It does look a bit like a keyhole, but it's representing a persons head and shoulders without any details, kind of like your avatar picture. Like on ch 3 page 19, you can tell the MC is looking at the wolf because of the blurry chin

"he" is generally used as the gender-neutral pronoun in english since "it" and "one" sound kinda awkward more often than not.  "he" doesn't necessarily mean he's a male, its just a limitation of the language.

Rather than "he" being gender neutral, it's the other way around. Most people just assume the gender is male if they don't know the gender.

... Although I do have a little trepidation in regards to the protagonist's gender. Seeing as how "he's" basically a formless mass of consciousness right now and the first inkling we had of "his" gender had air-quotes in it...

"he" is generally used as the gender-neutral pronoun in english since "it" and "one" sound kinda awkward more often than not.  "he" doesn't necessarily mean he's a male, its just a limitation of the language.

Huh, I actually find it a little surprising that nobody has commented on the small irony about the possession so far. The irony being that the Protagonist takes the shape of a keyhole whenever he possesses a creature, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's doing since he's technically the metaphorical key that unlocks the doorway to the host's mind. Moving on, I find this story to be a very intriguing concept, and moreover its premise and setting are actually really original and attention-catching. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it. ... Although I do have a little trepidation in regards to the protagonist's gender. Seeing as how "he's" basically a formless mass of consciousness right now and the first inkling we had of "his" gender had air-quotes in it...

actually his shape is supposed to be humanoid, not a key hole. but the artist didn't do a good enough job, basically making the spirit look more like one of those little ghost looking things people hang to stop or call for rain, i forget which. so it's not really irony but mearly a difference of view between you and the artist.

also a little something i've been thinking. people label this as another reincarnation story but, technically and litterally, he hasn't reincarnated. he's just a loose spirit who moved to a different world. he doesn't eat, he doesn't sleep, he doesn't breath, he has no sex (m/f), so you can't really call him a living creature.

1. Possess

2. Steal

3. Repeat

4. Profit LOL!

Huh, I actually find it a little surprising that nobody has commented on the small irony about the possession so far. The irony being that the Protagonist takes the shape of a keyhole whenever he possesses a creature, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what he's doing since he's technically the metaphorical key that unlocks the doorway to the host's mind.

Moving on, I find this story to be a very intriguing concept, and moreover its premise and setting are actually really original and attention-catching. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

Better is relative.

Bethar is relative of mine. He good with chainsaw-machinegun and riding bears. He da bomba!

Weird, right? Had to stop reading for a while just to make sure I read that part right. The webnovel did it better, I think.

Better is relative.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics