Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

The sheer parody in the slice of life scenes is hilarious, especially Tsumugi's extension acting and being treated like a normal human girl. It's cracks me up watching it get embarrassed.

Sadly, volume 8 is the last one from Illuminati.

If you want to read the translations for chapters 40-47, you can view them here:

http://pastebin.com/HCGMa1wM

A special thank you to Elkin, momimomi and dh85 for the bulk of their work over the years.

Please consider purchasing this series in your local bookstores or amazon to help support the legendary Nihei Tsutomu.

Thank you for following us over the last four years. We hope you enjoyed reading Sidonia no Kishi.

Have a good one,

-Illuminati-Manga Staff

I really hate commenting when you can't edit.

Edit: Well now you can!!! :)

*I think one of them got inspired by the other.

Oddly enough, there is a song by muse called "Knights of Cydonia" (I am seriously beginning to wonder if the author was influenced by this band seeing that the manga shares a lot of the themes with their songs)

link to song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sBOsh-vyI

and link to Resistance by muse: (which did not come out right in the previous post)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

also, the link to Starlight by muse: (Because I feel like it ;))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgum6OT_VH8

I don't think that this is a coincidence. I think one of them got inspired by the other. Most likely the author was inspired by muse considering that they were around longer.

*Deleted because of accidental spam

If there ever were a song that was meant to be listened with this manga, it would be Resistance, by Muse. It shares a lot of the themes that this manga has. The intro has an eerie space feeling to boot. A lot of the songs by muse share the same themes as Sidonia no kishi.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TPE9uSFFxrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I meant. Tsumugi should "touch" her/she/it. The name of that transgender human... i always tend to forget it.
Rather bad.. if i remember Tsumugi on one go.. and forgot hers..

But jeah.. she is so cute.
And when she gets angry she is so cute q.q..!!
And even with only real body left.. so cute!!
Dam it.. i hope for a "small version placenta" of her. SO that she can live on board and when the fight starts. Her body and the placenta fuse together again. Giving all that what she experienced to herself~

OHH GREAT~
As awesome as it is, this is probably one of the most confusing manga I've read (incl. Homunculus and Oyasumi Pun Pun)...
@Rava thx alot man.

@MidoriKitsune "I don't mean Tsumugi"
Are you serious? I'm in love with her right now : D

Damn you Nihei for make me developed such a weird taste *-*
FUCKING GREAT!

I read through it in 6 hours... i damm myself for reading it so fast.. and absorbing every page like water on a sponge..

It got everything most manga's don't have.
A blantly genius plot line with a true mad artists to the core...

And i just found it with and "random manga view" button..

Thzis is utterly underhyped.. needs to change..
gonna call the liga of nerds together.. to get this up on everyones awareness.

q.q

Still.. I so want to see a h-doujin from that "Can i touch you" scene with tsumugi..
Curios about how that body of "It" works. And i don't mean Tsumugi~
@Sou Zerobrs That is from a BLAME parody he did in some kind of insane shoujo style. I don't remember what it was called, though :(

and also,

@ptolemaios If you read works by Tsutomu Nihei you should just give up trying to figure things like that out. All the characters have a goal they are working towards: weather their goals will turn out to be for the good or for the bad is something that will only become clear when the story ends (and maybe not even then).

Someone else mentioned that he doesn't connect the dots for the readers, but just puts everything there for you to figure out for yourself and this is definitely true. Weather it's good or bad writing I'm not sure but I've always enjoyed it. I had to read BLAME 4 times through before I could actually understand what had happened in that manga.
Knights of Cydonia, also an EPIC song by Muse.
Someone know what manga at the right? (the one with the girl on the cover)
Spoiler
Kunato is suppose to be a bad guy right??
This story is a masterpiece!
Just an FYI, but Knights of Sidonia has been licensed by Vertical Inc, which has also licensed Drops of God. They're not that much better than your average scanlation group, but it is the official English releases so you might want to support them.
Still not as good as BLAME! ,but nice to see a Nihei with emotions.
Nagate x Tsumugi <3
This manga is so amazing. I've never read a space opera so magnificently done as this. I thought biomega was awesome at the time, but I wholeheartedly agree with omnicast - this one is head and shoulders above the other. His art style definitely takes some getting used to, and his narrative style is skippy at times (it can feel like it's bouncing around from scene to scene with great abruptness) but I think that it's a reflection of his maturity as a storyteller. He doesn't connect the dots for the readers, so you have to be very observant and pay attention to all the details. He treats his readers like adults, which is nice sometimes.

I forgot that benihizume (sp?) was already destroyed. I was hoping that they would be able to develop that story a little further since the pilot of that ship was Tankiaze's close friend.

The destruction of the Ocarina was very cool, but I'm surprised that Sidonia's leader has allied herself with Ochiai's clone and declared war on the guana mothership thingy. The annihilation of the council is also surprising. I'm looking forward to how things will unfold.

Massive thanks to Illuminati for all of their hard work. Bringing this masterpiece to the English speaking audience is a very wonderful thing to do!
I've read three of his manga. Abara, Biomega, and Sidonia. Currently of those three read Sidonia is the best. Since his manga is usually dark and has a very unique taste it can be very hard to tell what the hell is going on in the panels. That's why Sidonia is the best since it's easier to understand while keeping his art style.

Btw I just noticed the manga description spells Tanikaze's name as Taniakze.
@Greendrag wasnt that the same? the chimera just producing another hoshijiro like the one they captured? every incarnation seems to be getting closer to her tho. like with every new one more of hoshijiro's memories are leaking out. anyways, now im wondering how many people are under ochiai's mind control. atm there are 2 guaranteed. with kobayashi's sudden backstab to the other members of the immortal committee, maybe she's also being controlled?
Beautiful. This is art.
Thanks for the new release.
@cookieness
Actually, I'm hoping, that he ends up with the original Hosijiro... you know, the one that is currently going crazy giving them hell... Being mindeffed every time she gets freed from said mindeffing...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics