Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Knights of Sidonia Anime

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

xeixei

xeixei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-05/knights-of-sidonia-anime-1st-english-subbed-promo-streamed

Knights of Sidonia (TV) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15496

The official website for the anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga opened in Japanese and English on Friday and began streaming the first promotional video. The anime marks the 30th anniversary of POLYGON PICTURES, a studio that has earned Daytime Emmy Awards (Transformers Prime, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and an Annie Award (Tron: Uprising).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHI6Ciiy1V0

Nehei's work finally got an anime its deserved.

Edited by xeixei, 29 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

• Guests

too bad it is cgi... i cant bear to watch that... uncany valley and all..

foremostproxy

foremostproxy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Oh man....

I am both extremely excited and full of dread.

I hope they do it better justice than they have before for Nihei's works.

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

Transformers Prime, Star Wars Clone Wars and Tron Uprising are all fucking amazing shows. The visuals are spectacular. CGI has come a long way since the 90s and early 2000s, and the sound work is epic. But most importantly, the writing and storyboarding is topnotch. If they're combining Nihei's work with the technical brilliance I know they're capable of, I can't be anything but excited about this.

Dirtnap

Dirtnap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Looks pretty damn good. I'll be watching for it here in the States.

DerSteppenwolf

DerSteppenwolf

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

I'm having a hard time understanding some of the casting choices.  Aki Toyosaki (Yui in K-On) as Izana?  I guess s/he is kind of a moeblob but that's taking it too far.

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

I'm just hoping that getting an anime finally makes this series eligible for Super Robot Wars.

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

It's a shame this is going to be 12 episode anime (http://myanimelist.net/anime/19775/Sidonia_no_Kishi)

I was hoping for 24 episode anime featuring the whole struggle against Gauna Hoshijiro, the battle against the small mass union ship and of course Shiraui Tsumugu :D

But since this is a 12 episode anime I guess it will end with the battle against Benizusume, most particularly the one where they recover the hoshijiro-shaped piece of placenta which would later give birth to Shiraui Tsumugi. I personally hope they make a second season that includes these, and if possible, the battle against the large mass union ship as well ;)

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

PsychoMantis

PsychoMantis

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

It's a shame this is going to be 12 episode anime (http://myanimelist.net/anime/19775/Sidonia_no_Kishi)

I was hoping for 24 episode anime featuring the whole struggle against Gauna Hoshijiro, the battle against the small mass union ship and of course Shiraui Tsumugu :D

But since this is a 12 episode anime I guess it will end with the battle against Benizusume, most particularly the one where they recover the hoshijiro-shaped piece of placenta which would later give birth to Shiraui Tsumugi. I personally hope they make a second season that includes these, and if possible, the battle against the large mass union ship as well ;)

nope, Benizusume already appeared today in 8th episode.

Anime is progressing much faster than manga, they also ignore some side stories.

anyway I hope for season 2, too.

Edited by PsychoMantis, 31 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

tumblr_mblt9pXJ6M1rodorko1_r1_500.png

Seira J. Loyard

"If the character changes eye colour... He or she is OP as fuck." Evilnemesis

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Erm, I kinda didn't make my point well^^

What I meant was the part where Tanikaze actually kills Benizusume-permanently. 

Well, episode 9 came out a while ago and it looks like the "final" battle against Benizume is upon us (well, the final battle against her in the anime, at least)

I was a bit disappointed was the description of the Kabi's discovery. In the manga, that got almost an entire chapter for itself, while in the anime it was summed up in a sentence or two which was quite disappointing. 

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Locomoto

Locomoto

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGalaxy Station - Pluto

I think the anime is amazing. Certainly got me more pumped up and AHHH PLS DUN DIE kind of feel to it that the manga. Only 12 episode? ):

Castle Code: 06150-10443-85193-92784

Completed Conquest and Birthright <3

Currently grinding in Hard/Casual (because grinding in Lunatic is madness)

logo-fef-revelation.png

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Preview for second season of the anime:

Edited by Harbinger, 27 June 2014 - 12:38 PM.

Baka - Tsuki

• Guests

I TAKE BACK MY STATEMENT WITH SHAME!!

...After watching it... and loving it... i can say, jeah cgi is sometimes a bit "ugly".

In Movements mostly form humans, feels a bit stumpy.

But the Fights with the gades.... ohh fuck... Never seen something so crisp and clean.

Would love to play this q.q...

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWhere blue doves fly

nope, Benizusume already appeared today in 8th episode.

Anime is progressing much faster than manga, they also ignore some side stories.

anyway I hope for season 2, too.

Season 2 has been confirmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca_xRltD_eU

Everyone has their reasons, even if their reasons disagree with general taste.

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

Don't get upset, get curious.