Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

Definitely... I would like to list it out to someone, just to see their reaction.

A chimera (half human, half Gauna)

An intersex android

An infected human (Benisuzume, because the fanboy in me says, that this wasn't the last we've seen of her)

the Honokas, 9 identical clones, fully mature, yet barely over 2 (or was it 5?) years old (at least one of them, if not all ^^')

Yuhata, the strategist and second in command of Sidonia (BTW, the lower someone is on the list, the less certain I am of them being part of the harem ^^')

I don't know if we should list the captain... I mean... She may or may not see the guy he was cloned from in him... IIRC, she loved the dude.

EDIT:

Also, as a sidenote, gotta love Tsumgi so adorable with her love-problems. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

And for some odd reason, I'm smelling Izana going on the offensive, taking the initiative, breaking free of the status quo, and leaving the other harem members behind... She will likely fail though :<

Oddest harem around.

Definitely... I would like to list it out to someone, just to see their reaction.

Thanks for the massive update!

55966-Supernatural-thank-you-gif-dg3W.gi

MidoriKitzune
Oct 07 2013 08:30 PM

Looks like it's licensed in English now 

http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Sidonia-1-Tsutomu-Nihei/dp/1935654802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364565306&sr=8-1&keywords=Sidonia+Knights

and they had a request from that company to drop it.

Just a note. German Translation of that seems to be faster then the englisch one (official licensed ones).

We are getting volume 9 this year. Vol8 for Englisch Fans is commign out April 2014.

I am soo lucky that the Manga Egmont... is so keen on getting a money rider fast out. They dont have many of these ^^. What makes the translation faster at it seems +printing.

tsumugi soooo kawaiiiii

MidoriKitzune
Oct 07 2013 08:22 PM

Sidonia anime, not sure if good or bad news.

Bad.. i hate cgi... lets see if it works out or if it painfully ugly fuckly.. The promo shot wasnt that good..

Nihei's style is one of a kind.. you cant simply totally change it and do a fully cgi based thingy out of it.. If only the mecha were cgi.. and the gauna.

But it seems everything is..

"The cover of the July issue of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine has revealed that an anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga has been green-lit. Afternoon's editorial department posted the cover image on its Facebook page on Thursday, although the issue itself will not ship until May 25. The magazine cover did not provide any other details about the anime."

Source: ANN

Yeah!! Sidonia anime :D

Sidonia anime, not sure if good or bad news.

MidoriKitzune
Oct 07 2013 07:00 PM

2 volumes.... YAAYYYAA!! I needed that today of all days... all went terrible wrong.. that cheered me up.

Oddest harem around.

I'm doubting between this and Parasistence Sana, where the main character is in love with an intestinal worm.

Oddest harem around.
if some one interested this manga already out in english until vol 10 ch 49 ,find on googl ^_^

so almost surely the series is gonna be CGI.

Goddamnit

... I really don't like anime CGI either. But I will still watch it.

The studio of the anime is specialized on 3DCG... so almost surely the series is gonna be CGI. And i hate anime CGI :-(

Anime looks awesome and from it I hope someone picks up the series again.

I'm super excited ~!!~!~@!~!~@~

Something I never let myself hope for, but.. seriously? You're not pulling my leg are you?
Waaaaa~! *_*

A bit late but anime teaser is out a while ago. I'm excited. Anyway I hope the anime will get the scanlation attention for them to pick up the manga again. Current raw is up to ch.52.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHI6Ciiy1V0

I vote for geneon and white fox, im happy with them after the work that they had been done recently

Lets all hope that production I.G or MadHouse will be the one in charge of anime adaption. Not Shaft or Sunrise or KyoAni or Gainax or whatever.

"The cover of the July issue of Kodansha's Monthly Afternoon magazine has revealed that an anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga has been green-lit. Afternoon's editorial department posted the cover image on its Facebook page on Thursday, although the issue itself will not ship until May 25. The magazine cover did not provide any other details about the anime."

Source: ANN

Yeah!! Sidonia anime :D

Looks like it's licensed in English now 

http://www.amazon.com/Knights-Sidonia-1-Tsutomu-Nihei/dp/1935654802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364565306&sr=8-1&keywords=Sidonia+Knights

and they had a request from that company to drop it.

What!? Illuminati is dropping it!? This isn't some random romcom that can just be replaced by any other! Damn, this sucks...

Spoiler

Gotta thank illuminati for their hard work!

Hopefully, with the translation being up, some other group will pick this up.

still hoping hoshijiro returns :D great chapters tho. tsumugi is really cute xD in a weird way. hope they save izana in time..the awkward humor isn't complete without her around lol.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics