Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

I'm just gonna leave this here.... Got it from /r anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I31QP4SE3Gw

Ah, about the 11th volume raws, already avaiable at any goo gle search...

Spoiler

And some years ago, i could never imagine T. Nihei making a Harem Manga...

- A chimera deformed penis.

- A intersex android shemale

- Benisuzume and any Hoshijiro's copies.

- A Honoka

- Yuhata

- Samari (dont forget!)

Poor Blame...

A chimera (half human, half Gauna)

An intersex android

An infected human (Benisuzume, because the fanboy in me says, that this wasn't the last we've seen of her)

the Honokas, 9 identical clones, fully mature, yet barely over 2 (or was it 5?) years old (at least one of them, if not all ^^')

Yuhata, the strategist and second in command of Sidonia (BTW, the lower someone is on the list, the less certain I am of them being part of the harem ^^')

I don't know if we should list the captain... I mean... She may or may not see the guy he was cloned from in him... IIRC, she loved the dude.

Man...Nagate is so friggin dense.

Spoiler

HAREM!!!

Glorious update.

Glorious!

Am I the only one who reads this and has no idea whats going on >.>.

No. The first time I read it I had very little idea too. But every time I go back and read it again, it makes more and more sense. So I recommend rereading

And yes, Tsumugi, and all versions of her mother want Tanikaze.

Re-realizing how weird this must sound out of context.

Man that cliffhanger!!!!!!

Ah, such a great series. I ended up rereading all the chapters... though not in order. By the way does anyone remember in which chapter Nagate first meets Shinatose Yure (aka "granny")? I read it but can't remember now...

After Blame and Biomega, this is childs play. Just read the series again from the beginning.

Nihei Tsutomu: Taking the monster girl fad to a whole new level.

Tsumugi isn't a tsundere. At least not as far as I can tell. She never goes tsun. At least not with her love interest. She's closer to a clutzy Yamato Nadeshiko.

BTW, I think Tsumugi's father might just be Tanikaze... But that's just speculation at best...

Tsumugi's biological dad is either Kunato or Ochiai. That's what Ochiai did with the first chimera (use his own genes), so depending on whether this Ochiai in Kunato's body has access to his original genes or not, it'll be either his or Kunato's.

Tsumugi went tsundere when she took Tsuruuchi for a ride. That's classical tsun-tsun behavior there. But I also forgot that she's got a Yamato Nadeshiko side to her.

So, shy (forgot about this), tsundere, one-eyed (or eyepatched), gothiloli, pure-and-innocent, half-human, tentacle monster, giant (forgot this as well) bio-superweapon, Yamato Nadeshiko, magical girl. She's also a bit of a crybaby sometimes, but that's because she's still just a child.

For some reason that reminds me of that moment in Welcome to the NHK when they started drawing up the most moe character imaginable and came up with a total mess. 

Soo... what does that make Tsumugi? Does this actually mean he's got both the mom and the daughter pining for him? After all, one of the earlier versions of Benisuzume was her mom.

BTW, Tsumugi is, as of now, a tsundere, one-eyed (or eyepatched?), gothiloli, pure-and-innocent, half-human, tentacle monster, bio-superweapon magical girl. I vote her manga's most attribute-heavy female character ever. She has officially transcended moe.

Tsumugi isn't a tsundere. At least not as far as I can tell. She never goes tsun. At least not with her love interest. She's closer to a clutzy Yamato Nadeshiko.

BTW, I think Tsumugi's father might just be Tanikaze... But that's just speculation at best...

LOL TSUMUGI

Spoiler

Benisuzume and Hosijiro are one and the same... at the very least in my opinion...

Soo... what does that make Tsumugi? Does this actually mean he's got both the mom and the daughter pining for him? After all, one of the earlier versions of Benisuzume was her mom.

BTW, Tsumugi is, as of now, a tsundere, one-eyed (or eyepatched?), gothiloli, pure-and-innocent, half-human, tentacle monster, bio-superweapon magical girl. I vote her manga's most attribute-heavy female character ever. She has officially transcended moe.

AMAZING STUPENDOUS! To be expected of the author of blame! and Noise this one knows how to bring me in and never let me go. I absolutely love this manga. IF there is an anime on the way I will watch it 50 times non stop back to back because of its epicness. Thank you God and all the hard working translators, scansalators, raw providers, and other folks whose positions I merely forget at this time but by no means belittle whatsoever. Thank you for bringing us this amazing work.

This is partial translation of first page of chapter 46. I was too lazy to look up kanji I didn't know so...

Title: Common sense in Sidonia that wasn't mentioned in the published work
Subtitle: Guardian pilot edition
* Pilots have short hair in order to wear the helmets.
* Nothing is worn underneath the pilot suit.
* The pilot suits stink. Especially when it's freshly taken off and at body temperature.

Pilot photosynthesis room (changing room) stinks
Box 1 "mame knowledge" [naked knowledge? raw knowledge? I dunno]
It is said that the
After the Ocarina battle, it is said that the photosynthesis room was more memorable [or traumatizing?] than the battle itself.

Box 2: by the way mame
I'm too lazy to look up the kanji

BOx with picture: Suit's inside
Text below picture: Inside the sticky synthetic fibre, many tens kinds of synthetic bacteria live. Being smelly is proof that the suit is normal.

Box to the left of picture: too lazy

Lower right box: too lazy.

You forgot the Mama bear, Hoshijiro ( although she dead now).

Benisuzume and Hosijiro are one and the same... at the very least in my opinion...

I think Tanikaze is a natural gigolo ....

THX A LOT...!!! but i really need more to feed this addiction...>.<!!

tsumugi soooo kawaiiiii

Yeah, she's adorable. I can't believe I'm feeling this way about an organism that looks like a deformed penis. Maybe there's in AV idol inside me somewhere, going "kawaiii" at penises. Lord help me!!

This entire manga is a reaction gold mine.

Thank you based scanlators for updating this work, since the serialized volumes have yet to come out.  

And to put it in perspective for those that don't know:

"Amazon- Knights of Sidonia, volume 7 = This title will be released on February 11, 2014" 

Glorious update.

A chimera (half human, half Gauna)

An intersex android

An infected human (Benisuzume, because the fanboy in me says, that this wasn't the last we've seen of her)

the Honokas, 9 identical clones, fully mature, yet barely over 2 (or was it 5?) years old (at least one of them, if not all ^^')

Yuhata, the strategist and second in command of Sidonia (BTW, the lower someone is on the list, the less certain I am of them being part of the harem ^^')

I don't know if we should list the captain... I mean... She may or may not see the guy he was cloned from in him... IIRC, she loved the dude.

You forgot the Mama bear, Hoshijiro ( although she dead now).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics