Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

Doesn't matter how much I read this manga, my brain can't accept Nihei doing a harem.

Man, Tanikaze can't catch a break with all those girls...

Tsumugi playing house-wife. Priceless!!

DRF apron ! priceless

Tsundroid is finally here! Praise the machine gods, we have been delivered!

:harem complete:

womp womp :rim shot:

Aaaaaand there's 1 more person after him.

It was pretty obvious, too... Which is kinda sad. X_x

I'm still waiting.

Personally, we all know that Tsugumi is probably going to eventually go berserk and Nagate will have to put her down himself, what with the grimdark attitude of the story, but I feel MUCH more sympathy for the grotesque, half Gauna hybrid than this moe/tsundere bitch. I will splatter a one page celebration gif when she gets torn limb from limb.

Useless tsun with no redeeming characteristics. Instant dislike.

Nah, she is going to warm up. 

I'm still waiting.

Personally, we all know that Tsugumi is probably going to eventually go berserk and Nagate will have to put her down himself, what with the grimdark attitude of the story, but I feel MUCH more sympathy for the grotesque, half Gauna hybrid than this moe/tsundere bitch. I will splatter a one page celebration gif when she gets torn limb from limb.

Aaaaaand there's 1 more person after him.

who the fuck posted chapter's 51 to 52 fuck you guy.

Why so angry?

The dorm mother aka the great mama bear Lala.

Not just mama bear.

Superb piloting skills - check.

Artifical arm instead of one cut off - check

Ability to instill fear in surrounding people just by being present - check

Badass full-body life support suit - check

Son with a robot who won't shut up - check

Identity confirmed. Matching record: Darth Vader.

Ahh, every time a new episode of the anime comes out, I want to spoil the people watching it (who haven't read the manga) so much!

Don't touch me you pervert! 

Bu...but, you're my sex doll...

why the fuck do they have to show that stuff. I mean its not even funny. I m talking about takanaze getting beat up by girls always for things he never intended to do. I mean he has no pride at all and hes just a idiot and he doesnt care about getting used up by other people. I hate that kind of characters the most beacause of their rubbish which ruins the mood of this manga. Seriously, why do they always have to make the main chaeacter so dumb and idoitic in these mangas? I think the main characters in todays mangas and animes are just for show and material to prolong their stories. though i like story of these manga but i get irritated reading that stuff, i mean its not even funny

If you were raised in a hole and didn't learn anything but how to pilot mechs,you might have been like him. you would have little understanding of social que and norms. He gets beaten up simply because of how he inappropriately reacts to the situation at hand. And if you had realized, for the same reason he has little social skills making it even worse (he even lacks primary education).That and bad luck...

I like how he is. He is not a goku who is simple just stupid, he is just someone lacking some stuff that most people take for granted.

why the fuck do they have to show that stuff. I mean its not even funny. I m talking about takanaze getting beat up by girls always for things he never intended to do. I mean he has no pride at all and hes just a idiot and he doesnt care about getting used up by other people. I hate that kind of characters the most beacause of their rubbish which ruins the mood of this manga. Seriously, why do they always have to make the main chaeacter so dumb and idoitic in these mangas? I think the main characters in todays mangas and animes are just for show and material to prolong their stories. though i like story of these manga but i get irritated reading that stuff, i mean its not even funny

who the fuck posted chapter's 51 to 52 fuck you guy.

After reading this till chapter 28 so far, I have to admit that the thing I am most impressed by is... their security. Or rather, their complete lack thereof. If they even did so much as keep logs of when people enter somewhere that needs a key or something so many problems could be avoided.

Yeah agreed, what get's me is after they developed the special ammo why don't they retrofit the seed ship with guns that can fire it?

Those color pages were really nice! I liked how he took advantage of the color red to show the radar display with hovering/holographic #s. 

After reading this till chapter 28 so far, I have to admit that the thing I am most impressed by is... their security. Or rather, their complete lack thereof. If they even did so much as keep logs of when people enter somewhere that needs a key or something so many problems could be avoided.

Thank you for update. I am glad someone is translating this manga.

The newchar is so tsun tsun. Wonder when her dere side comes out?

Well, leave it to Nagate.

What with the newtype, the girl and the alien-human hybrid girl all in his pocket, it's only a matter of time till "Roboko" falls as well.

You're forgetting the Honoka clone and Benisuzume. By this point in time only Tenchi has more non-humans in his harem.

Translator: Tanikaze

Editing: Anon

Latest chapter isn't the final version.

Thanks a ton for the chapters ChiPsiUP!!! 

thanx for the updates

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics