Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

They were conveniently destroyed when the sidonia was damaged. - there, the last 39 sites are now gauna food.

If was not this regressive countdown, everyone would be expecting the ending since from the beginning of this last battle.

I admit the author trollage was successful with me.

Fair enough. See you next time, space cowboy...

*minor spoilers*

So the SS Izana x Nagate ship sank. Instead we have Izana and Yuhata together?

This rushed, cop out ending bullshit, god dammit so many unanswered questions!!! FUCK! FUUUUUUUUCK!

Ugh so no captain soothing a broken hero? Disappoint!

It's over?

It sucks that something ends. Especially if it's something really good.

Sadly something has to end one day.

Also if you intensely look at the bottom left corner of the final page of the final chapter, you'll see Nihei.

Thanks for the work!!!

now i can read whole series from the beginning to catch my miss :D

What the heck was Nagate doing with Kobayashi, while Hiyama was making him dinner and it was raining?

God damn it Nihei Tsutomu and his habit of cutting corners... Such a rushed last chapter which should've been at least twice as long (or 2 chapters) so that we can get a complete and detailed closure...
Not to mention we'll never know what the last 39 of the 100 Sights of Sidonia are...

They were conveniently destroyed when the sidonia was damaged.

- there, the last 39 sites are now gauna food.

Whats with the ending?!

It was a fun ride while it lasted. I guess it's time to start crying now... ;m;

That was more rushed than Biomega's ending, and it's hard to get more rushed than Biomega.

Nihei plz.

There's no way that was more rushed than biomega lol, that was one of the biggest disappointments ever. Biomega was gearing for a new epic arc and randomly ended in like 3 chapters. This felt quick but at least we know we were nearing the end.

All in all it was a solid ending, wish we had something more concrete about the gauna that made the story more circular. More info on the kabi would've been good too. Maybe that bubble about the daughter helping out izana will be a spin off or something, hoping for more resolution. 

Also that bit about tsumugi's assurance about settling on lem was funny. And why does she have different colored eyes, one represents yamano and the other tsumugi?

Also kuhata became a man? And with Izana? OTP.

So some hypotheses about the ending and the Gauna, if it wasn't obvious.

Spoiler

But... what about the Gauna???

Core dead, body terraformed the planet into earth-like environment, cause why not?

The deus ex machina is strong in this ending. Nevertheless, was still a fun ride.

But... what about the Gauna???

That was more rushed than Biomega's ending, and it's hard to get more rushed than Biomega.

Nihei plz.

I know the real reason why Captain stayed on Lem, she's now Tanikaze's hot mistress. Happy ending for all ;_;

...how is this an ending...

Hahaha yay for happy endings!

everyone is annoyed by the ending, and here i am still cant guess half of the grown up face, since thats the part the author sucks the most: Drawing different faces

he gave up mid way and just made a bunch of clones for this very reason IMO :D

God damn it Nihei Tsutomu and his habit of cutting corners... Such a rushed last chapter which should've been at least twice as long (or 2 chapters) so that we can get a complete and detailed closure...
Not to mention we'll never know what the last 39 of the 100 Sights of Sidonia are...

I need a dark edgy manga drawn by Nihei.

Read Blame! then.

everyone is annoyed by the ending, and here i am still cant guess half of the grown up face, since thats the part the author sucks the most: Drawing different faces

So, in the end even Ochiai managed to hit several of his win conditions. Pretty happy ending all round.

Still a bit sad too see it end with so much left unexplored and unexplained.

Im not following the "troll" ending here, is it an inside joke? It seemed like a good ending to me.

Historically the ending of works of this author until now could not be described by the phrase 'happily ever after.' After finishing the chapter myself I thought it must've dropped 1-2 degrees in hell.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics