Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

I was happy when we get to see lala pre-bearsuit, and then that ending made me sad again.

So is it possible for another Benisuzume to show up? or have all the Hoshijiro personas/clone died?

I'm not ok. I'm so not ok.

right in the feels...

Nooo!!! Just nooo!!!!!!

Well, it's almost over... makes me sad, I really enjoy this one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-23/knights-of-sidonia-manga-ends-on-september-25/.92010

what? its almost over and the main heroine die.... thrice?

original self

the clone mother

the offspring,

now whats next?

Well, it's almost over... makes me sad, I really enjoy this one.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-23/knights-of-sidonia-manga-ends-on-september-25/.92010

Sidenote: Obviously going the Ender´s Game route, which I´m okay with. And I actually prefer the artstyle used in Biomega more, but this is fine too.

Care to elaborate?

I see many differences with Ender Saga. The only way I could see a resemblance is the "we didn't think we were actually hurting you" mindset of the Formics. I might be missing something.

Now it's looks like it's going all action riding towards a climax but I do hope they have more stuff related to all the political shenanigans and clash of philosophies which led to the coup.

Frankly I hope for a total mindfuck ending with minds both in and out of manga being blown as we all face the true nature of the gauna (whatever it may be) and everything goes singularity on us.

Sidonia, set sail to the mask-less dere Captain heart!

Wait, BLAME is re-release or reboot?

And the short BLAME movie in the Sidonia anime is really good.

It should be just a re-release with cool covers, the original print is pretty much a collector's item by now.

Also, full Blame anime when? That c*cktease from ep. 8 could've worked as a trailer.

Wait, BLAME is re-release or reboot?

And the short BLAME movie in the Sidonia anime is really good.

Ochiai didn't get the Converter. HA!

Big problem will be if the gauna (now super-charged) gets Ochiai. They seem to integrate new tech, strategies, and just knowledge in general when they absorb stuff, and gauna with megastructure and graviton cannons could be a real show-stopper for Mankind. To say nothing of the kabi-proof true body.

Just realizing the chapter 74 I read the other day was 4 - no, five - chapters ahead of the story line, and I didn't even notice something was off.

Haha.

Haha.

Ha.

My feelings, right now :

how-about-no-finger-3.png

Spoiler

Badass. 

The mask just adds to it, you know?

This.
I think that with this chapter, Captain Kobayashi redefines the term 'iron lady'.

Beautiful, ruthless, uncompromising, she has them all.

And as long as she takes the medicine, she'll stay beautiful for a good long while.

uhm when did they start adding harem tag?

Spoiler

Badass. 

This.

I think that with this chapter, Captain Kobayashi redefines the term 'iron lady'.

Beautiful, ruthless, uncompromising, she has them all.

Spoiler

Badass. 

Great chapter, this will change the manga development with a 180°.

I'm supporting the author, I read the chapters here and then when the manga is released in my country I buy and read it again.

And now I'm waiting for more figures of the guardians being released, I want to put a Tsugumori on my desk close to my gunpla.

I can´t believe it, that I´m making an exception to one of my iron rules for this manga. Let´s throw this out as early as possible, Sidonia no Kishi is quite the astounding work.

The world, the tech and the lore are all so damn immersive. As I read it, I can actually believe that the seed ship could be real. The small details like safety belt in case of losing gravity/ship acceleration, and then showing it and it´s deadly consequences. Things like rural towns, festivals, hot spring, marine resort also gives a insight to the daily life. And I just love the mangaka went with the show, don´t tell for so many things. Is a whole new world, and it feels fully realized. To that I´m willing to overlook the two glaring problems:

Bland characters and WTF is going on battles.

That´s rare, but I´m ready to let those things go and embrace Sidonia for what it is. A fantastic sci-fi ride, that´s just a treat for your eyes.

Sidenote: Obviously going the Ender´s Game route, which I´m okay with. And I actually prefer the artstyle used in Biomega more, but this is fine too.

treat it as GoT

Never get attached to any characters at all except MC, or else you will be wounded seriously ,

by mentally of course,

its... its not that i .. i . didnt see it coming.... that .. that time when mc girl ... d.. .ddiieeeeddddd

*breakdowns , started to cries and keep banging my head to the wall*

why,why oh whyyyyyyyy?!!!!

I can´t believe it, that I´m making an exception to one of my iron rules for this manga. Let´s throw this out as early as possible, Sidonia no Kishi is quite the astounding work.

The world, the tech and the lore are all so damn immersive. As I read it, I can actually believe that the seed ship could be real. The small details like safety belt in case of losing gravity/ship acceleration, and then showing it and it´s deadly consequences. Things like rural towns, festivals, hot spring, marine resort also gives a insight to the daily life. And I just love the mangaka went with the show, don´t tell for so many things. Is a whole new world, and it feels fully realized. To that I´m willing to overlook the two glaring problems:

Bland characters and WTF is going on battles.

That´s rare, but I´m ready to let those things go and embrace Sidonia for what it is. A fantastic sci-fi ride, that´s just a treat for your eyes.

Where did chapters 70-72 go?

Really, people still haven't realized that when chapters disappear it is because of DMCA notices.

Where did chapters 70-72 go?

i seen the first season. watching the second season. still trying to figure out whether i should read where  the anime currently is or should i read from the beginning because there usually is some difference

I recommend reading from the beginning, the anime skipped a lot of scenes

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics