Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 703votes)

Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Alt Names: alt A reencarnação do desempregado ~Vai ficar tudo bem se eu for para um outro mundo~alt 無職転生 ~異世界行ったら本気だす~alt 무직전생alt Jobless Reincarnation ~I'll Give it My Best If I Go to Another World~alt Mushoten
Author: Rifujin Na Magonote
Artist: Fujikawa Yuka
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 34-year-old NEET otaku is chased out of his house by his family. This plump, unattractive, and penniless nice-guy virgin finds his life quickly going downhill. In a moment of clarity, he realizes that his life could've unfolded better if he'd been able to get over his past trauma. As he begins to regret his past, he spots three high-school students directly in the path of a runaway truck. Not wanting to be left with further regret, he musters his strength to try and rescue them. Predictably, he loses his own life in the process. When next he opens his eyes, he finds himself reincarnated into a world of swords and magic, as a young Rudeus Greyrat. Born into a new world, with a new lease on life, Rudeus resolves that this time, he'll do what he couldn't; 'To live on seriously,' leaving no regrets. Thus starts the journey of a broken man who yearned to start his life anew.
Go to Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic who all cried reading chapters 34, 35, and 36? New Window Cautionary_Tale
  • 0 Replies
Topic The Web Novel is Over! How did you feel about it? New Window Zenith_Tempest
  • 43 Replies
Topic Korean Raws for Mushoku Tensei New Window banisher
  • 26 Replies
Topic Chapter 30 a big difference in the story? New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Can someone explain differences between LN/Novel/Web Novel? New Window lapulzi
  • 6 Replies
Topic Was chapter 18.5 in the novel? New Window truepurple
  • 10 Replies

1789 Comments

Spoiler

Can a 30-year-old NEET who jacked off to videos of his underage niece during his father's funeral be a good guy? I don't think he is, but maybe he could be saved. If he were given a second chance (in another world), perhaps he could give it his best. Maybe he could empathize with those whose spirits are also completely crushed. Maybe a story written around his character would contain strong themes of forgiveness and redemption.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Damn, being unable to normally hear others in her village must've been heartbreaking and depressing as hell. Seeing your parents smiling and expressing their emotions without being able to understand them nor share their joy or troubles unless they talk specifically at her. Just thinking about being in that situation makes me teary.

The orgies that Lina attended must have been legendary.....

Spoiler

Don't know what happened but I approve times 1000.

I really hope things turn out differently then in the web novel. From what I hear,

Spoiler
Not looking forward to that...

Spoiler

That was a pretty random chapter after the previous ones.

I didn't even realize I skipped three chapters. All of a sudden Rudy meets his dad, then even more suddenly we end up with his sensei. Who'd have thought I skipped the three most heart-wrenching chapters of manga I've ever read...

That was a pretty random chapter after the previous ones.

personally i'm looking forward to it, it's the only thing making me still want to read this after those last few craptastic chapters.

seriously can't understand how people like Paul. how low is your bar set if someone who cheats on his wife, beats his kid and almost kills people in his drunken stupor is considered a great father? what happened to having decency and being a good parent?

You're judging a person based on a few poor choices that they admit are horrible things. That's extremely unfair. You're forgetting the 7 years Rudeus spent in Buina Village of almost nothing but pleasant memories with his family. 

At least Paul has the decency to know when he's made mistakes and properly apologize for them. That's already better than some parents, who know that they are wrong but are too prideful to admit it openly. Someone here was going on about how he "most likely" cheated again after the Metastasis incident, but he didn't He remained faithful to Zenith and Lilia even after these events transpired.

Well said it 100 times so I might as well say it one more time. There is no ch 27 so you are gonna wait pretty much forever but hey if thats your thing no rpoblems here!

As someone completely obvious and doesn't feel like searching through 20+ pages of comments can someone explain this for the 101st time? 

seriously can't understand how people like Paul. how low is your bar set if someone who cheats on his wife, beats his kid and almost kills people in his drunken stupor is considered a great father? what happened to having decency and being a good parent?

Personally, I don't exactly like Paul, but I can't condemn him either. He has his flaws and makes mistakes, but the same applies to Rudeus as well.

I mean, how can anyone like Rudeus after he let someone get killed for his own profit, and didn't even properly apologize for his mistake?

We like him, because we can see that he regrets his actions and is willing to not repeat the same mistakes.

The same applies to Paul. I mean, do we know he cheated after his episode with the maid? At the very least, we see he learned to listen to Rudeus before hitting him.

Besides, why can't you forgive Paul? The guy lost his home and family, he believed his family might already be dead (Sauros' death didn't help either) and his conscience kept torturing him for years because he failed to find a single acquaintance in that time. His son suddenly appeared, so a great deal of pressure and stress must've lifted temporarily. When he learned that Rudeus had missed all of his messages and hasn't found anyone at all, the pressure and stress all came back crashing down on him in an instant.

How many people could stay decent or rational under such (self imposed) pressure? I don't know anyone who could, not even my own parents, and probably not even myself either.

You don't have to like Paul, but if you can't even sympathize with the guy, then let me congratulate you for having led such a happy and worry-free life so far. I hope it stays that way, and that you cherish every moment of it.

I also like how everyone is so hung up on Paul "cheating" on Zenith when the world of Mushoku Tensei never has been one in which monogamy was stated to be the established norm. 

Im less bothered by that then by people who think that because he cheated, he therefore deserve to die, suffer, or have his family to die or suffer because of it, even after he repents, and the people in question forgave him.

I really hope things turn out differently then in the web novel. From what I hear,

Spoiler

personally i'm looking forward to it, it's the only thing making me still want to read this after those last few craptastic chapters.

Spoiler

Even better

Spoiler

I also like how everyone is so hung up on Paul "cheating" on Zenith when the world of Mushoku Tensei never has been one in which monogamy was stated to be the established norm. Instead, it is only sought after by followers of the Millis religion of which Zenith used to be one, hence why it pissed her off so much. There are lots of people living in that world who wouldn't even raise a brow about Paul having two wives. Aside from other Millis followers, that is.
Not to say Paul hadn't done other bad things and that he shouldn't have respected Zenith's beliefs, but technically, he never was a Millis follower and wasn't raised in their beliefs, so the standards of "our" world do not apply to him.

The thing is Zenith is from the Millis Church, a religion that supports and enforces monogamy on its believers. Also, even when poligamy is more socially accepted in that world, wouldn't it require the acceptance of both parties to add a new wife into the family? What Paul did was have sex with another woman when he was already with a woman that openly supported monogamy.

Btw, I'm in no way stating my own personal preferences here, just saying that people had a reason to berate Paul.

Spoiler

Still no signs of chapter 27?

Well said it 100 times so I might as well say it one more time. There is no ch 27 so you are gonna wait pretty much forever but hey if thats your thing no rpoblems here!

I also like how everyone is so hung up on Paul "cheating" on Zenith when the world of Mushoku Tensei never has been one in which monogamy 

Because he AGREED to it to be with her. That much is made pretty damn clear through their interactions and talks. We'd have a very different version otherwise. So while Polygyny seems to be fairly normal in the main continent. There's exceptions and theirs was one. Which means he still betrayed her all the same, which gives a lot of insight into his character, reliability and attitude.

Still no signs of chapter 27?

I also like how everyone is so hung up on Paul "cheating" on Zenith when the world of Mushoku Tensei never has been one in which monogamy was stated to be the established norm. Instead, it is only sought after by followers of the Millis religion of which Zenith used to be one, hence why it pissed her off so much. There are lots of people living in that world who wouldn't even raise a brow about Paul having two wives. Aside from other Millis followers, that is.
Not to say Paul hadn't done other bad things and that he shouldn't have respected Zenith's beliefs, but technically, he never was a Millis follower and wasn't raised in their beliefs, so the standards of "our" world do not apply to him.

lets do a little experiment

Your example's pretty stacked against "John". For example, it gives the impression that the mother may have ran away to escape abuse after he became a drunkard. Why did she leave her daughter behind? Who knows but now she's just as bad for abandoning her daughter with a violent drunk instead of running away with her.
And we all know that's not what happened to Paul. Plus the only reason why Paul didn't recognise Rudy was because he covered his face in an attempt to hide his identity. Your example of the drunkard blaming his son for his problems and the fight afterwards is also pretty different from Paul's situation too.

Spoiler

As for the "attempted murder"
Spoiler

So anyway, maybe people are just ignoring the finer details of what happened in the manga and are focusing on their emotions from the WN instead.

lets do a little experiment, i'm going to describe a person and you tell me if this is a good or bad person.

His name is John Smith, hes in his mid 30's and married with a woman and they have a son.
John cheats on his wife and gets the woman he cheated on pregnant,
Aven though his wife hated him she keeps him around for their son and their unborn daughters sake.
He then manipulates his wife into loving him against by guilt tripping her using their children and not wanting them to see their parents apart.
After that he sends his son away for 5 years. during these 5 years he becomes a complete alcoholic and a violent one at that.
At some point his wife disappears and he's left with his infant daughter.
Now after 5 years his long lost son finally comes back to town but John doesn't recognize him.
The first thing his son does is break up a bar fight before it gets to violent so John decides to pull a knife and try to murder this stranger that is ruining his drinking time.
After almost murdering his son he then gets angry and blames his 11 year old son for all the wrongs in his life and tells him hes trash before he starts beating him up.
Him being drunk means he's pretty unbalanced so his son manages to flip him over on his back and is now punching him instead.
Then in comes Johns little daughter so save him from another one of his drunken fights and fights off the evil boy that was fighting her father.
After that Johns son runs away and John goes back to drinking.

now you tell me, is John a good man or a bad man? is the drinking, the cheating, the manipulating, the abuse and the almost murder just ok things?

do you have to be named Paul to get away with it? does john have to change his name?

Oh, and he didn't manipulate Rudeus to get Zenith to love him again - Rudeus specifically intervened because he didn't want the family to split up. Also, Zenith was pretty cold to him afterwards, maybe this isn't shown much in the manga but it definitely is in the novel.

here you go, https://vatoto.com/reader#3efa03bce12221cf_11heres him manipulating his wife into loving him by guilt tripping her using their son.

he better do something really damn impressive to redeem himself after cheating on his wife, using his son to manipulate wife to love him, becoming a dangerous drunkard, almost murdering a complete stranger(his son) for breaking up a fight, mentally and physically abusing his son as well as turning MC's sister against him.

i'm looking forward to seeing him somehow magically make up for that.

Oh, how about

Spoiler

Oh, and he didn't manipulate Rudeus to get Zenith to love him again - Rudeus specifically intervened because he didn't want the family to split up. Also, Zenith was pretty cold to him afterwards, maybe this isn't shown much in the manga but it definitely is in the novel.

I have no clue what is up with you people. I'd rather have complex characters with good and bad sides to themselves than morally and ethically correct people who are always doing what you guys think is the "right thing." Because if you want a character who is always being righteous, you should drop this manga right now. Rudeus does not become that kind of person.

he better do something really damn impressive to redeem himself after cheating on his wife, using his son to manipulate wife to love him, becoming a dangerous drunkard, almost murdering a complete stranger(his son) for breaking up a fight, mentally and physically abusing his son as well as turning MC's sister against him.

i'm looking forward to seeing him somehow magically make up for that.

Or... he just apologizes and it's all good.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics