Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Was chapter 18.5 in the novel?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Did I miss something? or is 18.5 additional content? It was well done anyway.

herloct

herloct

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

There is none in the Web Novel, but i wonder if it is in Light Novel.

pantser

pantser

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

i can't remember the masked woman with the music instrument at all

who the hell is she

sodemas

sodemas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the minestrel was added, but this chapter is probaly based on the chapter that Slyph begging telling how she lived after Rudeus left

Romid

Romid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

there is no such story in the novel, it is a manga addtional content to explain a little more about sylphy

the singer is never mentioned in the novel but the look that gives to sylphy is a bit mysterious

pd - its is correct my english?

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Your english is decent. What is pd?

Romid

Romid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Your english is decent. What is pd?

postscrip - posdata

PS  - PD

Zasyri

Zasyri

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Yeah, it's as everyone says, the minstrel/bard whatever is made up for the manga. However Sylphiette has an entire chapter about her life later in the novels, and 18.5 was probably the first half of the first chapter of Sylphy's story. Which is good since this much wouldn't spoil anything for the manga only readers, as Sylphy's backstory is introduced in the novels at least 5 or 6 story arcs after the one we are currently on. 

Gene Eric Pseudonym

Gene Eric Pseudonym

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Yeah, it's as everyone says, the minstrel/bard whatever is made up for the manga.

She (and the events of chapter 13 of the manga, concerning Roxy) was in fact indirectly referred to in the volume 19 side story. So rather than outright made up, it's technically more of a side character being promoted to provide an 3rd party role in expanding the narrative.

maximilianjenus

maximilianjenus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I supossed the minstrel was elinalize, which was somehow hinted to ahve visited silhpe in the novel (kind of like the newyork to paris line , an adition of the manga based on what was hinted in the novel)

Zasyri

Zasyri

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Well, this isn't verified, but there is one named character that is a minstrel/bard in the Web novel(and I assume Light novel), and if this is her, it is an interesting way to present her, since she shouldn't "technically" exist, at least not in this way or at this age or time. I'll spoiler the explanation though since it is quite late in the novels when one find this out.

Spoiler