Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 703votes)

Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Alt Names: alt A reencarnação do desempregado ~Vai ficar tudo bem se eu for para um outro mundo~alt 無職転生 ~異世界行ったら本気だす~alt 무직전생alt Jobless Reincarnation ~I'll Give it My Best If I Go to Another World~alt Mushoten
Author: Rifujin Na Magonote
Artist: Fujikawa Yuka
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 34-year-old NEET otaku is chased out of his house by his family. This plump, unattractive, and penniless nice-guy virgin finds his life quickly going downhill. In a moment of clarity, he realizes that his life could've unfolded better if he'd been able to get over his past trauma. As he begins to regret his past, he spots three high-school students directly in the path of a runaway truck. Not wanting to be left with further regret, he musters his strength to try and rescue them. Predictably, he loses his own life in the process. When next he opens his eyes, he finds himself reincarnated into a world of swords and magic, as a young Rudeus Greyrat. Born into a new world, with a new lease on life, Rudeus resolves that this time, he'll do what he couldn't; 'To live on seriously,' leaving no regrets. Thus starts the journey of a broken man who yearned to start his life anew.
Go to Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic who all cried reading chapters 34, 35, and 36? New Window Cautionary_Tale
  • 0 Replies
Topic The Web Novel is Over! How did you feel about it? New Window Zenith_Tempest
  • 43 Replies
Topic Korean Raws for Mushoku Tensei New Window banisher
  • 26 Replies
Topic Chapter 30 a big difference in the story? New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Can someone explain differences between LN/Novel/Web Novel? New Window lapulzi
  • 6 Replies
Topic Was chapter 18.5 in the novel? New Window truepurple
  • 10 Replies

1789 Comments

Spoiller allert!!!!!! roxy maried with rudy

I like the protagonist. He's willing to change and he's determined. Rudeus knows that he made mistakes and accepts them. That's what I like.

Although, this fantasy world seems to me that it's a quick and easy escape from the problems of the real world. He didn't really face them head-on but starting over seems skeptical.

I hope they give the other characters good development, especially those near the protagonist.

Whoa.

Honestly, Rudeus without his perversion won't be as interesting. Me surely prefer him much more than dense protagonist like IS one. Rudeus is harem protagonist done right (at least in web novel)

@Yrolg If you've read far enough, you'll also know why it's necessary for the plot. Without it, everything would be far more bleak.

1 chapter, 81 comments.

People seem to love web novels.

quite a few of the volumes have already been published

The old Rudeus wasn't fat in the novel. It also skipped many scenes present the novel and added new ones(modified if you will)....oh well still gonna read it. Hope it doesn't disappoint. Progression is also fast.

Honestly, Rudeus without his perversion won't be as interesting. Me surely prefer him much more than dense protagonist like IS one. Rudeus is harem protagonist done right (at least in web novel)

i was so looking forward to this but the pace seems way to fast no matter how you look at it, like someone else mentioned this might end up with maybe just 50 or so chapters, Roxy does not arrive until 4 chapter but here she was introduced in first chapter.

1 chapter, 81 comments.

People seem to love web novels.

A lot of development for Lilia got skipped... Also, It's Silent Seven Star senpai!

Well, as long as they at least hit some of the hilarious scenes I'll be fine, but if they hit the

Spoiler
I don't think I could handle all the
Spoiler

@TaintedDream Agreed. There were two parts in the LN that made me feel the power of the narrative, and that was one of them. Wham episode, indeed.

Well, as long as they at least hit some of the hilarious scenes I'll be fine, but if they hit the

Spoiler
I don't think I could handle all the
Spoiler

well...instant follow.....hahahhaha....

To those who can read korean or those who have read the LN and want to see the pics, here's a link to ch1-4 which is translated in Korean.

You'll be able to see Kami-sama

Spoiler

http://marux2.de/b/manga/55773

Holy fuck they just blasted straight throught this. I was estatic when I heard it was getting a manga but idk I feel maybe it will be promotion because all the shit that was cut out gives a whole lot of insight on the characters. Jesus they really just plowed right into it, I hope it will at least do some justice for the LN and Web Novel.

waitwaitwait, roxy's already here? isn't this progresssing a little too fast?

more seriously though, does anyone know how reliable this manga adaptation will be? in terms of it not just ending at one or two volumes?

First off, thank you for translating this.

Second, this is really fast paced and those who did not read the LN are missing out a lot of character building and pervertedness the character goes through to accept the fact that he was reborn. In other words, to appreciate this manga, read the LN.

What's with Japan recently with all these "start over" manga/LN/whatever in fantasy worlds? Especially with pathetic NEET MCs, can't help but think these are all just self-insert fiction. I like some of them, like the VRMMO and Kawazu one (I guess those are less "starting over"), but this one the MC is... really gross.

Really, really gross.

@krufaust The concept of being at your lowest point and seeking redemption is not new or gross. The setting and culture doesn't change that. I think what you're angry about is the fact that the choice of Japanese (NEET) culture presented is arbitrary, and you'd be completely correct. Up to Vol17, there is no indication that it has any greater meaning. However, I would not automatically connect this narrative decision to self agrandizement  I'm not even sure how you came to such a negative conclusion.

Edit: I can count the number of other authors that do NEET reincarnation on one hand. That's not a lot.

The LN's writing is complete shit but that's to be expected. It's still interesting, though disappointing the manga skipped his perverted baby escapades 

Yeah hes really gross for a while, and occasionally you get reminded of how he used to be because hes a pervert, but that part becomes less and less annoying as the story goes on. I can confidently say that a few years into the new world, hes a far cry from a pathetic NEET MC and doesn't come across as a self-insert gary stu type character either. He really regrets what happened and constantly reminds himself that there's always someone better and never gets full of himself, and makes a serious effort to improve.

Its quite an entertaining read, and unlike so many other series, stuff actually HAPPENS. By volume 20, about 20 years have passed in the series and the MC even gets married.

What's with Japan recently with all these "start over" manga/LN/whatever in fantasy worlds? Especially with pathetic NEET MCs, can't help but think these are all just self-insert fiction. I like some of them, like the VRMMO and Kawazu one (I guess those are less "starting over"), but this one the MC is... really gross.

Really, really gross.

I think it's okay for there to be cliches and tropes. What's important is the way the story is delivered and I can say with confidence that Mushoku Tensei is well delivered.

And yeah the MC is a pervert but I'm not really grossed. I just laugh my ass out when he does those perverted stuff lol

Really, really gross.

Because our lives suuuuuuuuuuck. Seriously though, escapism...pure escapism, and it's an incredibly popular genre.

Really, really gross.

HI, people who read the LN. How awesome will you rate it out of 10?

I would rate the LN 11/10, this manga adaption: 8.5/10

I'm much much MUCH more invested in the LN so this is quite skewed.

HI, people who read the LN. How awesome will you rate it out of 10?

@AkaSmiley This series isn't easy to rate unless you are willing to look past several volumes of world building and rules establishment. Quite frankly, the scope is large (a literal epic). It wouldn't work in any other medium besides LN or comic form, and I'm doubtful about the latter. There's also the issue of your bias against/towards the loli archetype. I recommend you read it for yourself and ignore the aggregate scores we give, because it's either gonna be pretty good score or -5/10 (lol thanks Lanfear).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics