Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 709votes)

Magi

Alt Names: alt マギalt 마기alt Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicalt ماگی: پیچال جادو
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtaka Shinobu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the Djinn Ugo and his friend, Alibaba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…

Won the 59th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Spin-Off:
> Magi - Sinbad no Bouken (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/adventure-of-sinbad-r8536)
Go to Magi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic End of Magi? :'( New Window Eldaeb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is it just me or Magi reminds me of the Bible or maybe the Quran and Jews New Window GreatNinja
  • 30 Replies
Topic Who's your favourite Magi character? New Window Portgas D. Itachi
  • 14 Replies
Topic How do you think Magi will end? New Window PancakePower
  • 9 Replies
Topic And you just created the country that manufactures everything New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies
Topic Anyone got the feeling that Sinbad will be a future villain? New Window dred05
  • 12 Replies

6243 Comments

Final chapter is on Sense's site now, on their online reader. 369 total. I'm reading through now, I'm at chapter 357. I'd suggest reading directly from Sense's site, they are the translators after all.

It's extremely unsettling to see all those people happily going to their deaths. No, not just death; complete erasure from the face of the universe.

The series will finally end on 18th October, 2017. 

https://myanimelist.net/news/52386958

Oct 11 according to one of the comments. Bato.to is about 2 chapters behind Sense who are about 14 chapters behind the most recent translated chapter. So probably 369 or 370 should be the final chapter. Would have liked to see this get to 400, but I've read elsewhere that Shinobu is pregnant, and rather than a hiatus it seems she is finishing this. Maybe in a year or two, there can be a sequel. Who knows though.

Thank you both for the info. I don't know what fo feel about it. I fear a rushed ending and the lack of a proper epilogue to tie the loose ends. Of course, a sequel could make up for that, but the possibility of a sequel is not set in stone. The ending of this series is.

It was a good ride. Thanks people for sticking here till the end.

Hmm... hmm... it's a great ride indeed. For a shounen, magi gives its best to keep the 'shounen' flavors while introducing some paradoxes and dilemmas so that the young readers can try to think in the higher level. But really, sometimes I forget what shounen is when there's so many ecchi harem rom-com (plus isekai) flooded the shounen market... The magi helped to remind me in a beautiful way.

Thanks to the author, thanks to the sense-scans, thanks to the leechers who keep begging this manga to the scanslators... U all are awesome...

It was a good ride. Thanks people for sticking here till the end.

Just go to sense's site if you are impatient guys. Imo it's really open for a sequel. 

Sense completed the series today, this time next week it'll all be up on here

Anticlimax

Oct 11 according to one of the comments. Bato.to is about 2 chapters behind Sense who are about 14 chapters behind the most recent translated chapter. So probably 369 or 370 should be the final chapter. Would have liked to see this get to 400, but I've read elsewhere that Shinobu is pregnant, and rather than a hiatus it seems she is finishing this. Maybe in a year or two, there can be a sequel. Who knows though.

That kinda sucks, but I do guess that the author needs a break to rest and think of a new story.

Time to end Magi and make Magi 2 when there are new ideas.

And please, time leap to get the old party back together at the start of Magi 2 (Alibaba,Morgiana,Alladin), story can always be covered with flashbacks if neccessary.

Shame, this manga had too much pontential, now, is a complete mess, well,the only good thing is that morgiana is now with Alibaba, a very cliché route, but, ten times better than THE EDGYlord Sasuke wannabe, Hakuryu. 

So old Grandpa David

Spoiler

I thought it was Ill Illah

Spoiler
but yeah maybe that's what happened

Series went downhill when morgiana became a random tertiary character instead of female lead

Seeing as I've only read from start to the magic academy, and then probably the last 20-50 chapters, I personally feel that the manga started getting odd when they split up to do their own thing.

I find it annoying when series bring people together, only to split them up for "Training."

What's the point in having an adventure, if you're doing it alone?  Yeah, some RPGs do have the MCs split up (usually some sort of natural disaster), but this was just complete splitting up to train forever.

Sadly Morgiana isn't even with them now, it's like she never mattered, or even had a role.

I also am confused exactly wtf happened to Haikyuu (what's up with those 2 extra eyes?), and I don't really care much for him.  They just added him in at one point to be some sort of extra character, so he and Judar essentially replaced Morgiana.

How many more chapters for this last volume? That will probably be the number of chapters we have left.

Scans are ~10 chapters behind raws.

So old Grandpa David
Spoiler

Series went downhill when morgiana became a random tertiary character instead of female lead

Holy shit, I actually forgot she existed.

Well this manga looks to be about complete. How many more chapters for this last volume? That will probably be the number of chapters we have left.

Where the hell did magi go and wtf is this shit in its place.....

Naked grandpa making trouble again.

I think Naruto would have ended on a pretty good note if they just had an epilogue and left it at that. But nope, gotta keep milking that cow. Now we get Boruto.

Boruto is directly written by the corporative novel author and the anime director has an individual take, Kishimoto only says ''yes, whatever, you know my bank account''

Magicians< Metal Vessels< Solomon's troupe< Djinn and Magi< Arba, Solomon & Ugo<

< Gods< Singularity< It's ME DIO< Shonen Sunday Editor in Chief 

Idk I would say Naruto is pretty close If not on equal grounds... 

Of course she does! I think she has a kid to take care of, too (I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure she drew herself on an omake with her kid clinging to her back while working). I just feel bad because It really shows how the love for the series is gone and now is just an effort to draw it weekly to get to the point and end it already.

That aside, I can't really imagine these two making a manga together... I wonder what that would be like.

I think Naruto would have ended on a pretty good note if they just had an epilogue and left it at that. But nope, gotta keep milking that cow. Now we get Boruto.

A collab might be in their best interests, considering the dumpster fires Magi and Fairy Tail became. Still not as bad as Bleach.

Nothing is as bad as Bleach.

Idk I would say Naruto is pretty close If not on equal grounds... 

I think she just wants to end it. I wonder if there's a collaboration with Mashima in the works, considering how they both pretty much just decided to end their mangas. Maybe they felt they did better work together than going off on their own.

Of course she does! I think she has a kid to take care of, too (I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure she drew herself on an omake with her kid clinging to her back while working). I just feel bad because It really shows how the love for the series is gone and now is just an effort to draw it weekly to get to the point and end it already.

That aside, I can't really imagine these two making a manga together... I wonder what that would be like.

It is the most powerful of all jutsus.

Apart from David's literal plot armor.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics