Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who's your favourite Magi character?

Magi

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Portgas D. Itachi

Portgas D. Itachi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

I was thinking, we could have discussion about who's everyones favourite character is and why.

I'll start us off.

My favorite character is Ren Kouen.

Well you can kinda figure out, since I take my name from my favourite characters from two other series, where they are the cool, superior (especially towards cocky siblings) and smart big brothers, Kouen fits that perfectly.

He is the strongest of the Ren family (if you don't account for mrs. Smiling dark rukh.), He is the general comander of the Western subjugation army, basically the commander in chief. Unlike Sinbad, he only has 3 djinn, yet they are a perfect combination. 1 will burn the enemy, second will provide an energy supply, and third (the most important djinn to date) will heal.

Being an avid strategy gamer myself, I really like his "conquer the world and provide peace for posterity" ambition. An Empire that would conquer all and develop the world, is well not a pure ambition, but one that really speaks to me.

His Lelouch-level intellect and situational awareness, speaks to how focused he is, unlike the High king who let all his metal vessels get stolen. Even with the Kou Imperial army at his disposal, he doesn't think of himself too highly, which could later have humilitated him if such hubris was ridiculed. Instead, he just wants to see his ambition fulfilled and thinks of himself as the one who has the possibility of succeeding, and therefore he has the obligation to try.

I kinda want Alibaba to be his right hand man, and go-to general, their personal dynamic is really funny.

guess that was my fan-boy explosion, who do you guys like the most and why.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

To me Alladin is my favorite character.  Its simply because he is funny and complete badass.  He is extremely powerful and he makes great decisions.  To me a great main character.

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~
I have waay too many favourite characters,
I like all three protagonists (not so much Hakuryuu), but just to say rhe not so obvious. For some reason I can really fangirl about Ren Koumei, evwn though he's probably had the least screentime. It's probably how je can ne so lazy but still be this 'smart guy'. He also has a unique djinn and I like how he uses it. It's not per se that I agree with him, he was already my favourite before everything was revealed, but in doing what tjey do it wouldrevent future rebellions. Smart move bringing Ali in. In any case they do seem more honest than Sinbad.

Also I like his face when he's worried, or fighting. The former just looks funny and the lattwr, he looks ao bored sometimes, he seema to be thinking of completely different things, like sleep.

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

ManForAllSeasons

ManForAllSeasons

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHow can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Ka Koubun. He's just so badass <3

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Casterick

Casterick

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The three main characters in this series are fantastic. My favorite is Alibaba, followed by Morgiana and then Alladin. There are a number of good characters here but these three are just a really great full package. They have such great chemistry and interactions! In my opinion they go a long way in making Magi rise above many other shounen action/adventure series.

4PPr0

4PPr0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Alibaba is the best and still virgin XD His reaction when other chars are macking fun of him and his bad luck with womens are epic XD

Seihen

Seihen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationItaly

At first I was really interested in Judar. I think he's a great character, extremely complex and unpredictable. But I still don't fully understand his attitude "I really like you so I kill you" and being ALWAYS so joyful and careless. He's probably going to evolve a lot during the next chapters (he already started to, I'd say), so I'll see then. Right now, he's missing that little something that needs a character to fully fulfill my tastes.

So I'd say my favorite character right now is Alibaba: he really has the making of a great king, but still has a lot to learn. His natural attitude and feelings brings people together, but he still has to learn how to guide them. He's slowly moving to probably the greatest and brightest future between al the characters, and that's what I like of him the most.

TDFTHole

TDFTHole

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Aladdin!  Aladdin-Magi-figur.gif?1393284434

PAs6Tdnl.jpg

Spoiler

Aezang

Aezang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Morgiana. Babe's cute af.

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Yunan! The way he live just so cool! Not to mention, he is good-neutral :v

R825

R825

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

The three main characters in this series are fantastic. My favorite is Alibaba, followed by Morgiana and then Alladin. There are a number of good characters here but these three are just a really great full package. They have such great chemistry and interactions! In my opinion they go a long way in making Magi rise above many other shounen action/adventure series.

There are 4 MCs , Hakuryuu is the 4th. 

Aladdin protagonist , Alibaba Deuteragonist. 
and the rest

Mine's probably Alibaba(tho I like a LOT of characters) , I think he has a lot more of character development than aladdin , or perhaps it's just that I enjoy more the parts he's in

Edited by Ricard825, 08 November 2014 - 05:40 AM.

RegiusSherrinford

RegiusSherrinford

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSkyhold, Thedas

Kouen Ren~ A man who knows what he wants and will stop at nothing to get it.

Princess Adolf

Princess Adolf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLand Of Babes And Estros
Aladdin is my number two, but Morgiana's thighs are my number one. Wonk

Epicenter

Epicenter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Sinbad he does what needs to be done, but doesn't have an insane plot like having slaves and erasing people's culture.  Plus he knows how to enjoy himself.

Theoderich

Theoderich

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Alibaba, even if he went from 0 to semi-hero too fast.

I liked how he was the most rational and down-to-earth character in the beginning, with all those corrupted and crazy people around him.

Spoiler

If Aladdin was less of a pervert, maybe he could've made 1st place, but meh.

Morgiana is cool but way too masculine for my tastes (not her body but brutish character and superhuman strength) to make a favorite character. Lacking elegance and feminin aspects is part of her role and background and is pretty awesome for a main cast character nowadays, that's why I think the basic cast of those three is the guarantee of a nice flow and good story (that's why the split up feels like watering everything down unnecessarily; the author seems to be too fixated on creating an epic tale out of "thin air"); Let's hope to see more favorite characters in the future after the death march of the inbetween chapters.

17.jpg