Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 274votes)

3-gatsu no Lion

Alt Names: alt 3月のライオンalt March Comes in Like a Lionalt Sangatsu no Lionalt Un marzo da leonialt Мартовский лев
Author: Umino Chica
Artist: Umino Chica
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kiriyama Rei is a 17 year old professional shogi player and very good at it, but in real life, he has nothing. Quiet and not very social, Rei has no family, no friends, and he doesn't go to school. He is acquainted with a neighboring woman named Akari who is single-handedly raising her two younger sisters, Momo and Hinata.
This is a slice-of-life-ish seinen manga, with strong monologues and reflections by Rei.

Nominated for the 2nd Manga Taisho Award (2009) and the 4th Manga Taisho Award (2011). Winner of the 35th Kodansha Manga Awards for Best General Manga with Uchuu Kyoudai
Go to 3-gatsu no Lion Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed 3-gatsu no Lion New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic Who do you want Akari to end up with? New Window RaRaRasputin
  • 20 Replies
Topic Episodes Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 9 Replies
Topic Spoilers thread New Window RaRaRasputin
  • 10 Replies
Topic Almost in a Class of its' Own New Window Comadrin
  • 36 Replies
Topic Made a TV Tropes page for this series New Window Vance Finiraldi
  • 4 Replies

614 Comments

"I'm probably going to lose him soon. I've hugged him more times than I count now, so I can tell." So simple yet so heartbreaking. How does Umino-sensei do it?

On another note, thank you so much for the translations!

*cries* man this series is just the greatest.

When is the next volume coming out? Don't tell me next year

See you all next year, guys. :P

But yeah, tankoban releases have been annual for the past few volumes,
When is the next volume coming out? Don't tell me next year
Love this so much... Thank you, Hi Wa Mata Noboru!

Who is that guy on the left of page 18 ch 139? And who shows up again on page 21?! W-who?!

It's Morita-senpai

Who is that guy on the left of page 18 ch 139? And who shows up again on page 21?! W-who?!

She's regretted for dumping rei now that rei has been going to the sisters house and has a place he can call home while she suffering with her relationship and literally dont have a place to stay.. poor girl just want a company..

It's more like she can finally sympathize with what he was going through when he came to that family, and the strength it took to make it from that to having that new warm place to be. She's seeing someone else whom she really cares about falling into the same spiral of trauma he did, and it opened her eyes. Now she's genuinely sorry for what she had been doing to him all this time.

Oh. Mah gawd.

An update~

Grown-ass adults getting jealous of these young upstarts is strangely endearing.

Damn.  Though Reiko may have burnt some bridges before, I can only hope she is able to cross someday too.

reading vol 13

well, damn dude, this is masterpiece

I can understand literally every characters

can anyone tell me what happened with the sister again? chapter 139 got me confused :(

She's regretted for dumping rei now that rei has been going to the sisters house and has a place he can call home while she suffering with her relationship and literally dont have a place to stay.. poor girl just want a company..

can anyone tell me what happened with the sister again? chapter 139 got me confused :(

Shimada and Rei's former homeroom teacher.. One of them are going to end up with Akari!

But honestly, I prefer Shimada :)

Honestly, I prefer Rei.

This manga is fucking beautiful. Umino is a literature genius, weaving words and emotions from pictures and short gags to tell a wonderful story

Souya is so precious~

We are blessed once again.

Reading this always makes me so hungry... and warm...

And now i have to re-read this one to understand the history with the "sister".... well not like is a bad thing to do :3

Time to enjoy again the story.

I have missed this so much.

Noguchi is a man among men even if he is still a student...  How he interacts with the rest of the cast is hilarious.

today is a good day

Vol 13 out of nowhere

With the volume cover for volume 13 announced, here's a link to raws if you can't wait for the English scans: http://shogi-lion.tumblr.com/post/164158420343/sangatsu-no-lion-manga-link-masterpost-v2. This blog stays on top of the releases pretty well.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics