Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Made a TV Tropes page for this series

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vance Finiraldi

Vance Finiraldi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
As a pet project for me (and anyone else that's willing) to work on while waiting in-between chapters, anyway.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/SangatsuNoLion

...Yeah, I know, a humble start. The description needs work (I should know; I wrote it mainly to fulfill the minimum requirements of a page >>;;), and I lack the knowledge and familiarity of tropes related to mind sports/games to fill the list with them, but it's getting there.

EDIT: So people don't yell at me later, I've yet to figure out what parts I should and should not spoiler tag (especially since this is Slice-Of-Life), so enter at your own risk.

Edited by Vance Finiraldi, 13 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

gundamgundam

gundamgundam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
I wonder why is there still people in the manga community supports such blatantly anti-manga/anime site such as tvtropes. The worst of all is that their explanation to their anti-manga/anime policies is "if you don't like how the (privately-owned) site is run, you are free to leave." They don't even TRY to justify themselves, it's like being anti-manga/anime is like a badge of honor to them.

Vance Finiraldi

Vance Finiraldi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
You're the first I've heard it described that way. This'll derail the thread, but feel free to explain with more clarity. My interest is piqued. I know the whole cutting and locking of pages for certain series has some people irked, but I'm guessing there's more that irks some people about the site. o.o

Edited by Vance Finiraldi, 21 February 2013 - 05:54 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

I went and visited the site listed above, and found it quite interesting and informative.  Since I didn't go into the "untranslated chapter" part, I didn't find any spoilers to lessen my enjoyment of future chapters.  Not being a Japanese reader, I found that the discussion of tropes enhanced my understanding and enjoyment of the manga.  I didn't go further into other areas of the site, so I didn't find any "anti-manga" warning signs in what I did read.  Thanks, Vance Finiraldi, for directing me to it.  3-gatsu no Lion is not a simple manga to read, and I'll now enjoy it more since understanding more of what has so far gone on.  In fact, reading your trope page has made me decide to re-read it from the beginning.

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

I'm a huge fan of TvTropes even if I have never really contributed. I find it's a great tool to analyze and think about favorite series. Whenever I finish a video game, book, manga, anime, tv show, movie (ect.) I tend to go to it's TvTropes page to think about it further and to find recommended fanfics (I'm an avid reader and writer). 

Given that, Gundamgundam, I'm not entirely sure where you're getting this "anti-manga" thing from. Could you elaborate? 

Edited by Blue Flaming Wings, 20 April 2016 - 07:45 AM.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...