Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who do you want Akari to end up with?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

The other topic on here is very intellectual and while I love my intellectualism, let's talk about some more fun stuff.

Who do you want Akari to end up with?

Vance Finiraldi

Vance Finiraldi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Honestly, the only potential suitors I see remotely making sense at this point are Hayashida and maybe Nikaidou. Though if I remember correctly from my brief skim through 3Lion fanart on pixiv, a few seemed to think Shimada was a possible good match for her? XD

fujikomine

fujikomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Actually according to spoilers, the guy she ends up with is either going to be

Spoiler
unless Umino plans on adding a third guy into the story.

Not really rooting for anyone since they barely interacted with Akari, but the latter did share a sweet scene with her. All we know is that the former definitely has feelings for her(dont know where they came from since we dont see them interact that much) and that's it.

Edited by furiosa, 12 October 2016 - 01:11 AM.

"I am so glad you exist, even if you exist so far away from me."

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

It is a shame that we haven't got much screen time with Akari and anyone else outside her family and Rei before going this route. I would've preferred that. 

That being said, I'm hoping Shimada but not before we get a good bit of screen time with her actually interacting with him.

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Actually according to spoilers, the guy she ends up with is either going to be

Spoiler
unless Umino plans on adding a third guy into the story.

Not really rooting for anyone since they barely interacted with Akari, but the latter did share a sweet scene with her. All we know is that the former definitely has feelings for her(dont know where they came from since we dont see them interact that much) and that's it.

There's additional spoilers pass 114? I thought the next volume hadn't been released yet. Where can you get the raws?

Edited by Blue Flaming Wings, 13 October 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

There's additional spoilers pass 114? I thought the next volume hadn't been released yet. Where can you get the raws?

Volume 12 has been released. This translator is currently working on putting it all together.

I get my raws from here. The issues are a bit out of order and it's missing the latest one, though.

I really want to find the raws for no. 19...

Edited by RaRaRasputin, 13 October 2016 - 05:27 PM.

Vance Finiraldi

Vance Finiraldi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

That's the first time I've seen the cover of an issue of Young Animal. Nearly choked on my drink laughing upon seeing that most of those covers on that first page alone are girls in bikinis. Not exactly the kind of magazine I'd expect to house the series. lol

Yeah, I've personally been checking up on how far it's coming along through Chinese scans; they're up to 123, though I'm not sure if they're up to date with everything Young Animal has put up so far or if they're lagging behind a little as well.

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

That's the first time I've seen the cover of an issue of Young Animal. Nearly choked on my drink laughing upon seeing that most of those covers on that first page alone are girls in bikinis. Not exactly the kind of magazine I'd expect to house the series. lol

Yeah, I've personally been checking up on how far it's coming along through Chinese scans; they're up to 123, though I'm not sure if they're up to date with everything Young Animal has put up so far or if they're lagging behind a little as well.

It's interesting to see the other manga series in that magazine as well...

I think the manga's at chapter 128? I'm not sure, though.

fujikomine

fujikomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I go to Tieba for the raws. 127 is the latest one on their site.

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Could I have a link?

fujikomine

fujikomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=3%E6%9C%88%E7%9A%84%E7%8B%AE%E5%AD%90

Here you go! 

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Thank you!

fujikomine

fujikomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Saw the raws for 128 and Akari x Shimada is really, really growing on me.  I don't wanna get too invested since nothings set in stone, but Umino is making it hard.

Edited by furiosa, 23 October 2016 - 07:44 PM.

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Saw the raws for 128 and Akari x Shimada is really, really growing on me.  I don't wanna get too invested since nothings set in stone, but Umino is making it hard.

128 was a gift. 

I'm not sure where this is going. It seems like Hayashida is being set up as the underdog here and usually that means that he has an advantage in this kind of narrative. However, this is the person who created Honey and Clover we're talking about. 

fujikomine

fujikomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

It seems like Hayashida is being set up as the underdog here and usually that means that he has an advantage in this kind of narrative. However, this is the person who created Honey and Clover we're talking about. 

My thoughts exactly. It does seem like he has the advantage, but then I remember Honey and Clover and how many characters didn't get their love requited. I still don't understand why Hayashida has feelings for Akari anyways-they don't interact and even in 128, he just looks on while her and Shimada actually talk. On another note, seeing Shimada smile and blush was so great. Also Akari looked even more beautiful.

Those two are my favorites so I would love it if they found happiness with each other. They definitely deserve it.

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Those two are my favorites so I would love it if they found happiness with each other. They definitely deserve it.

We think alike.

Huldra

Huldra

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Akari x Shimada is definitely my thing. I agree, they seem like they'd be really sweet together. Akari really likes to take care of people, so... 

blobbodoggo

blobbodoggo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

completely in the team akari x shimada camp! question that might be a bit silly: have akari and shimada met before? i actually can't remember at all if they've ever interacted or if this is the first time..... 

RaRaRasputin

RaRaRasputin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

completely in the team akari x shimada camp! question that might be a bit silly: have akari and shimada met before? i actually can't remember at all if they've ever interacted or if this is the first time..... 

I don't think they have before. 

jujujube

jujujube

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

well if anything, akari had gotten gifts from shimada... albeit indirectly through rei... this was after the kyoto arc when our shogi players were at a festival in shimada's hometown and he'd gotten stuff from his neighbourhood gang (of cute elders)
lmao i'm really reaching,,, but you can check out chapter 44 p. 15 for the proof if you want