Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 457votes)

Magician

Alt Names: alt Büyücüalt 마술사 (김세래)alt Magicaalt Penyihiralt Sagealt SpellSwordalt الساحر
Author: Kim Sarae
Artist: Kim Sarae
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Raw: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=24965&no=1&weekday=thu

====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to Magician Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic webtoons.com has the comic but its translation is far from ongoing New Window Lmapsi
  • 1 Replies
Topic [spoiler] raws? New Window Yawgmoth
  • 670 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Waga Aru G
  • 910 Replies
Topic How to read Magician legally and support author - in English New Window Random-Webtoon-Fan
  • 6 Replies
Topic If this manwa is long strip only than... New Window fish_151
  • 4 Replies
Topic Fan Art Thread New Window Chi-chan
  • 2 Replies

1355 Comments

I'm so disappointed in this most recent chapter(149). There's absolutely nothing about this chapter that makes me look forward to the next one.

Spoiler

There's still the whole thing with Sleeping Beauty. Edermask isn't a fresh slate, no, but there's definitely still room for character growth there. He's definitely right there at the top for most shallow character in this manga though. Right alongside Janus.

Am I the only one that doesn't like Edermask any longer? Not just to the point that he needs to be beaten up again, but just a growing dislike for him?

To be honest, at this point, I just want him dead and out of the way, he overshadows Enju and Iremi and pretty much everyone else in the party way too much. Everytime he appears, it's all to show how badass/awesome he is; everything else takes a back seat. He has no character growth because he's lived far too long for such thing to happen. His skill has no development because it's already been maxed out. There's nothing to look foward in him except generic drawing of electricity and even more generic one-liners.

As Dortellis put it, an immortal beings with no more room for improvement is as good as dead

/hoping he's killed by the monster, or at least disappear from the story for long time -_-

Am I the only one that doesn't like Edermask any longer? Not just to the point that he needs to be beaten up again, but just a growing dislike for him?

I think that's intentional (by the author).  Edermask has always had a jerk-ass side (to put it mildly).  In fact, his lack of emotion regarding and willingness to kill everyone and everything percieved as an "enemy" is one of his defining traits; with kid-Iremi deciding that she'd try and change that about him as one of her own defining moments/choices (obviously with mixed results).

So let me get this straight. He attempted to cast a spell that would crush his foes, but instead let out a fart that destroyed his surroundings.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/3/30/Rubick_failure_04.mp3

Prediction: More than one seal breaks, and Edermask gets one-upped.

ladies and gentlemen, the **** is starting to hit the fan.

Spoiler

... did I miss some foreshadowing of this guy in previous chapters?

hush, let me enjoy this 

Anybody else think that edermask needs to get his ass kicked again?

any chance the monster becomes a good guy?

Spoiler

it wasnt outside of the realms of possibility for him to appear if his existence is implied no matter how loosely then its not like he appeared out of thin air it was obvious she had parents and dragons have long lifespans based on what they discussed yes we didnt know her farther but it makes sense now when you think about enzus backstory and iremis family being fleshed out it makes sense that matthews would be fleshed out because it definitely had a couple of unanswered questions which we didnt think were important but now we know they are the true identity of her farther was important remember how iremis aunty was known as a famous witch her existence seems like a folk tale but here she is her existence was also loosely  implied and didnt become important untill she was introduced

Spoiler

it should have been the most obvious thing that even matthew would have parents, and that one of them might still be alive.

Dem releases I love em!  Keep em flowing!

"Amusing. Truly amusing"

Took the words right out of my mouth. Let the hunt begin!

Yeah, a Dragon descendant who fought to seal it away 5000 years ago. Makes sense.

You do realize he could've been like Edermask and wanted infinite mana and asked the previous monk leader to bring him to the monster right? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I just realized: Edermask's party and Janus's strongest fighters can be basically matched person to person. Now I’m hoping for a truly epic showdown.

Spoiler

Man this EXACT MOMENT in the story reminds me of a very particular moment that occurs when you're at a theme park and you've finally reached the front of the line (which required 4 hours of waiting) to ride the insane-mega-whopper-DeathCar roller coaster they've built.

First, you catch sight of the seating area and you watch for the first time as the terror-ride whisks a set of humans off to their deaths fated ride. You watch as the 1, 2, 3 ...9 sets of people get strapped into the ride and then disappear from view...as though some kind of ominous existence is out there just beyond your sight, and it is gobbling them up. You take note of the intervals between each cacophony of screams erupting from the passengers. You IMAGINE HOW CRAZY IT IS GOING TO BE.

Your pulse starts racing when, finally, you are standing at one of the gates which determines your seat on the ride. You watch one last set of thrill seekers disappear into the unknown, yet you know that when the coaster reappears with those same people...transformed into white-knuckle, ghost-faced, smiling, crying, mouths-agape creatures of awe and wonder... you know that then it will be your turn.

Yes, finally. FINALLY. Jitterbugs in your tummy, you can't help to feel that this has all been worth it. And yet, you recall just that one person who, upon waiting for their turn - yes, even after 4 freaking hours in line - he/she got to the front and has a panic attack. Seized up with fear, this person refuses to ride.  So you understand, implicitly, that this is a 'ride or die' situation. You dare not give in to the fear and embarrass yourself in front of so many people.   "No," you think to yourself, "I have come too far to turn back." You steel yourself to ride and before you know it, you are climbing into/onto the ride. The attendant is strapping you in, calmly explaining that if you keep your arms and legs in just such a position, you will surely not be get thrown, flailing, off of the ride and down 250 feet to a bloody and untimely demise. 

Pshhhh "Too late for scare tactics, bitch. It's go time" you say under your breath. Lastly, the attendant walks back over to the speaker system, wishes you a happy day and for about 15 seconds, you're strapped in, ready to go, and an eerie silence falls upon the whole ride. This is it. 

THIS IS IT.

:WHOOSH:

Yeah, a Dragon descendant who fought to seal it away 5000 years ago. Makes sense.

Of course, friggin' Janus is all-knowing and fully acquainted with every notable figure in existence.

Think about it: Who does Dortellis (Janus's acquaintance) resemble in Edermask's party?

The ancient monster has probably mistaken Dortellis's descendant (who is in Edermask's party) with Dortellis himself.

if you can't guess take a good look at Dortellis' eyes, hair & and skintone.

Or it's because Edermask is immortal like Dortellis.

Unless Dortellis was the only immortal to ever exist 5000 years ago (highly unlikely judging by how many immortals there are now), your theory wouldn't make any sense.

Lol, let the shitstorm begin

Think about it: Who does Dortellis (Janus's acquaintance) resemble in Edermask's party?

The ancient monster has probably mistaken Dortellis's descendant (who is in Edermask's party) with Dortellis himself.

Or it's because Edermask is immortal like Dortellis.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics