Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

If this manwa is long strip only than...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fish_151

fish_151

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

If this manhwa is long strip only, and batoto is the only one that does that then why did this get removed? I'm asking in a forum because I'm unable to post a comment below. I'm seriously pissed this got removed.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, as it says on the comic's page, it was taken down in honor of a request by Naver, the "publisher".

There's not really anything else that can be said after that (as far as batoto goes), this isn't a public site or something along those line, batoto's administration can carry what they choose to, and they chose to remove Magician since they were asked to. Simple as that.

There are other, long-strip reader alternatives. You can read it at kissmanga for one, ( Magician ), they've got a long-strip reader and 300 or so chapters of it, or you can just break down and start from the beginning and read it as a weekly serial with the official Naver/LINE releases ( http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=70). I think they're at around ch 30 or so.   :)

Tn7HA0h.png

fish_151

fish_151

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna checkout the link you gave me, but is the Naver release gonna be in english ever or just in Korean? Cause I don't know Korean if its only gonna be in Korean.

Edited by fish_151, 12 January 2015 - 01:49 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna checkout the link you gave me, but is the Naver release gonna be in english ever or just in Korean? Cause I don't know Korean if its only gonna be in Korean.

Naver itself isn't doing anything in English, no. I guess the deal is that LINE Webtoon ( http://www.webtoons.com/) is their English language division (I guess, that's at least how I understand/remember it   :D ).

And while LINE only translates a certain amount of the Naver titles......... and also chose to begin many of those titles at the beginning rather than finding a way to incorporate/account for the point in English translations that fan scanlated chapters created........Magician is one of the titles they're translating. Again, they started at the beginning so it's, like, 300+ chapters behind the current Naver releases............but hey, it's an official, Naver-backed product that's probably going to be much more sure of continuing to get regular releases than relying on fan-based scanlations. I mean, it's an actual business, not a hobbyist thing like scanlations are.

Chapter 32 by the way, LINE just released ch 32 (this is the actual LINE Magician page http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=70) and a new chapter every Saturday like clockwork. 

Tn7HA0h.png

fish_151

fish_151

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Good I'll still be able to get my Magician fix even if it's not here.