Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

i seen the first season. watching the second season. still trying to figure out whether i should read where  the anime currently is or should i read from the beginning because there usually is some difference

anime skipped a big event regarding izana

EDIT: nvm they just postponed it

You will never drink the pee of your mechanical-armed intersex waifu.

Why even live ;_;

Ochiai didn't get the Converter. HA!

i seen the first season. watching the second season. still trying to figure out whether i should read where  the anime currently is or should i read from the beginning because there usually is some difference

Chaching! another one to the list!

i don't want tsumugi to die... i'll have to drop the manga...

Tanikaze is into monster girls I guess.

*Sees Tsumugi made into a total wreackage*

*Cries in HDR with FXAA*

That makes two of us (though I have to admit, I don't understand the acronyms).

*Sees Blame cover, Replica GBE...*

"Yay!"

*Sees Tsumugi made into a total wreackage*

*Cries in HDR with FXAA*

"New Blame! volume size B5"

"Chance to win a GBE replica"

Where I put my money?

"New blame volumes with new covers"

PLEASE EASTER BUNNY, SANTA CLAUSE, AND TOOTH FAIRY, BRING ME A REAL BLAME ANIME FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!

You know.

It was published in englisch.

Even in german.

Well, yeah. I can't justify the expense of paying for the existing stock. :| Tv Tropes says some volumes go for $900 a pop.

That blame cover got me to go "whoa!!" instantly.

You know.

Even in german.

But the stock is depleted.

And books can be bought from collectors or greedy merchants for around 3~50 dollars per.

I have all of them, except 1. Because that is the "best" and costs just shy of 40 dollar for a used copy here.

Manga's from highly sought after artists, are a rare commidtie. Specially if no repreints are made based on stupid marketing shennangins.

I have all of them ^_^

Let's see if the reprint is good.

MidoriKitzune
Mar 29 2015 11:49 AM

0.0 If Blame is published (in English, I'm a bad weeaboo), I will seriously buy it.

You know.

Even in german.

But the stock is depleted.

And books can be bought from collectors or greedy merchants for around 3~50 dollars per.

I have all of them, except 1. Because that is the "best" and costs just shy of 40 dollar for a used copy here.

Manga's from highly sought after artists, are a rare commidtie. Specially if no repreints are made based on stupid marketing shennangins.

I have been rereading the last few chapters and I noticed something concerning a possible continuity error.

Spoiler

Pretty sure they've done a ton of things to ensure mankind's survival including all sorts of clone-based shenanigans. Having a lot of lookalikes on the ship is actually thematically consistent, as weird as that may sound.

0.0 If Blame is published (in English, I'm a bad weeaboo), I will seriously buy it.

"And I myself will be appearing just for a little bit!"
Gotta keep my eyes peeled not to miss a giant humaniod beetle during the upcoming season.

I have been rereading the last few chapters and I noticed something concerning a possible continuity error.

Spoiler

Nope. Girls' hairs are different and the guys'... cheekbones, I guess.

Uggh the chapter is so good but so short T_T.

So at the end of chapter 66,

Spoiler

Also, while not yet described explicitly, the end goal of Ochiai somewhat resembles the Gaia Alternative of the Foundation universe, in that he wanted to create a pan-human superconsciousness by merging all humans into a hybridized Gauna form, after which they would be able to form their own self-contained, self-generated, self-controlled ecosystem using the Gauna placenta. Gaia is a world where every living thing in the planet's ecosystem - all the way down to viruses - shares a single unified consciousness. They even use nonliving things as memetic storage equipment, keeping information inside molecules forming the planet's rock strata.

An interesting opinion, however, I would think his end goal is something far more self-serving. It seems to me that he wishes only for power and immortality. As he was gloating, the ship's council can hope for several thousand years but he will live as long as the universe barring a graviton cannon to the heart.

Further supporting this observation we notice he immediately sets out to destroy what he believes to be the only existing threat to his continued existence: The Sidonia and their crew, with their graviton cannons. Rather than fly off and be content with coexisting and sharing the wide, wide universe with anyone else who could deprive him of his power, he seeks instant and unchallengable dominance over all things.

In short, he is one small step from realizing his god-complex. This is pretty much the extreme opposite of a Gaia-Nirvana ending.

I really hope someday down the road Sidonia will encounter another seed ship. When the seed ships spread apart we basically entered into the territory of divergent evolution and I'm curious to see how humanity on another ship has evolved.

Sidonia has, off the top of my head, immortality, kabi, chimera(s), intersex gender physically changing to match their partner, cloning, the bear lady (whatever she is), an android, the BFG that is the Graviton Beam Emitter, and human photosynthesis.
What wonders have the other ships achieved?

It was mentioned early on that Sidonia was in long-distance communication with the other seed-ships and each of them, slowly over time, went silent. It is possible that one or several of them may have realized that their Higgs tech was what was attracting the Gauna and may have disabled all those systems voluntarily including their hyper-wave comms, but if that were the case would they not have warned the other ships? My guess is that the seed ships fleeing Earth's demise at sub-light made easy targets for the FTL capable Gauna homing in on the signatures of their Higgs dives.

I hope we get something about the abandoned anti-Gauna trap they found 700 years ago(where they found the Kabi). They recently succeeded in manufacturing Kabi, if they could reproduce the Higgs-nullification field it had as well, it would reduce all future fights to target practice sessions.

Spoiler

Oh, that asshole...

Damn... Dat creepy bio-techo-exoskeleton silicon creatures old style looks so cool

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics