Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 212votes)

Dendrobates

Alt Names: alt デンドロバテス
Author: Ishiwata Youji
Artist: Yamane Akihiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sengawa's day job is as an accountant working for the police. But at night... he transforms into a ruthless assassin bringing death to anyone who deserves it. Meet and hire the man with 1000 guns.
Go to Dendrobates Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Capital punishment or rehabilitation of criminals. Pros & Cons. (Please logical arguments only) New Window kosmaj
  • 21 Replies
Topic State what you like and dislike about it! New Window KILLERBOB
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sort of feels like.... New Window Egoist
  • 5 Replies

299 Comments

@pervy y u so smart and perverted?
Well i agree with you pervy but then again, if someone killed my family and the only thing he would get upon being caught is 25 years or imprisonment i found this fairly unfair. Because of that, idea of vigilante justice won't die.
Also, I'd like to thank Redzero36 and Frost for mentioning Akumetsu! I had a marathon session reading that series and I found it completely enthralling!!!
Let's face it...

Spoiler

Spoiler
@rahyan you're welcome! :] redzero36 mentioned it too so I was just repeating it.

I had no idea sting operations were illegal in Japan, interesting.
Some people are sick. Some people aren't "as" sick.

I believe that we all have a limit on our chances. If we actively try to repent for our past crimes then we should be given freedom. If we continue to go down the path of monsters then we should be put down.

Sadly a lot of us can't bring ourselves to put others down for the sake of others.
@frost i checked it out, and finished reading it in one day, thank you, i wouldnt have found that awesome manga if it werent for you!
@kosmaj

Yes, but the recidivism rate for executed criminals is so low that I think that it should be the primary method of punishment for ALL crimes of violence. Not just the truly horrific ones, but also common mugging, burglary and any other crime. Personally, I feel that if something is worth being defined as a crime, the penalty should be death. This would eliminate the need for costly prisons. And if you don't think that a crime deserves the death penalty, such as prostitution or drugs, then legalize it.
I was a little upset after reading the last chapter. Author's point of view was one-sided. This does not mean that I do not agree with him. But he should also show that there were cases in which the accused was innocent. I agree to the death penalty, when it comes to the horrific crime, or in which the defendant does not show any remorse, or after serving a sentence he starts killing again.
So until the court decides whether the accused is guilty, public opinion should shut up, just as bloody journalists. Because anyone can make a mistake, and killing someone does not bring the dead life.
Anyone who is enjoying this manga but hasn't read Akumetsu yet is missing out big time.

Love this series but why does it have to be 19 pages! Posted Image

And on another note I hope the MC and the reporter cross paths soon.

Thanks for the update!
Dam the MC is so awesome. Probably my third favorite character next to Lelouch and the best, Akumetsu! Man if akumetsu were to fight it would be a blood bath cuz the MC would be kill akumetsu like crazy but Akumetsu is practically immortal(don't want to give to many spoilers for those who haven't read it.) Or just one if was the Ultimate Akumetsu version don't really remember what they called him or if he had a name.
To everyone who's complaining, you don't have to read the comments now do you? Did I break any forum/sites rules? If not, MOVE ALONG. I'll be kind enough to put my supposedly off-topic comments in spoilers so you guys don't cry. Can't promise anything from the others though.
Spoiler
When guns are used to stop crimes they are rarely mentioned. Because when they are used, most of the time, the criminal will just run away without the weapon being used.
Well... We could say that these men... got caught with their pants down.
My entire reading mood ruined by a stupid argument in the comments section.
Knowing that another set of criminals died eases my worries.
@bo_jangles
"Hell, the nuke would be a more viable option to save lives during a war, rather than sending soldiers to fight drawn out battles." What??!! You're a stupid, deluded and a terrorist! GTHO! You're okay with nuking an entire nation, just so you don't send your soldiers to death for a war your shitty government made and you voted for? Just kill your self the world would be a better place with one less terrorist!

BTW, vehicle accidents kill more people than guns! According to your logic we should ban vehicles!
@bo_jangles Saying that you will survive a kniife wound as long as the paramedics get to you just shows how little you actually know about medicine. I'll give you two examples.

Most stabbings are aimed towards the abdomen, so in most cases the blade will pierce either the liver or spleen. Being vascular organs that will cause severe bleeding. The abdomen also has a number of major blood vessels that if pierced, will result in death by blood loss if the bleeding is not stopped IMMEDIATELY.

Some assailants aim for the legs in an attempt to immobilize the target. If the femoral artery is cut, the victim will lose consciousness in 30 seconds and die in around 3 minutes.

If you think knives are not a big deal you obviously have never seen a stab wound.
Who the heck put antihero tag for this manga. Clearly he is a vigilante. All the people he killed so far are all criminals.
It would be awesome if I could read my manga every day without having to read you people's political commentary bullcrap.
@Lowlightt

Look at all the the homemade bombs/explosive/other weapons that have failed even after making it through security. Now look at all the guns that have failed in killing people. Did Breivik's gun jam? Cho's? What is even the purpose of normal civilians having a gun other than using it to kill/defend? But with less guns, there won't be anything to defend against will there? Even in a gunfight, there will be fatalities, whether the attacker has the gun, or the both attacker and victim. I've had a close friend's parent kill their children because the parent was mentally unstable, and the kids were killed because the parent had access to a gun. What would've happened if that individual didn't have access to a gun? A knife? Gunshots can be fatal with a single shot, yet you can be knifed multiple times and still come out fairly fine as long as the meds come. How many times have you actually seen/heard about guns saving more lives than killed? Iraq? WWI? WWII? School massacres? Hell, the nuke would be a more viable option to save lives during a war, rather than sending soldiers to fight drawn out battles.

Back to the manga, it would be rather nice to see a flashback on the MC's life at some point, since he is probably the most ambiguous character right now.
    • JeD likes this
@bo_jangles

Guns are not nor have they ever been the problem. A person who wants to kill someone or somepeople will kill those people with or with out a gun. That has been the case for thousands of years. Hell If I wanted to say kill a bunch of children I could just as easily test drive a new pickup truck and drive through a crowd of them while they are having recess. No guns needed. I could walk into the school and set gas cans on fire and throw them into the school. Hell if you want get really nasty you can make homemade claymores using metal lunchboxes, homemade plastic explosives and some shotgun pellets. Make quite a few, set them at the emergency exits around a school hidden in bookbags, and pull the fire alarm. Horrible things mind you, and yet none of them need a gun.

Gun's get a bad rap because when there used to commit crimes its somehow super evil, yet when they are used to stop crimes they are barely if ever mentioned.
Or maybe "Prophet" from Crysis 3?
This guy vs Rambo would be an interesting fight. A
ctually, add Arnold from Predator just for the lulz too.
Epic MC Epic Manga Epic Everything

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics