Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 929votes)

Kingdom

Alt Names: alt キングダムalt Chiến quốcalt 王者天下alt El Reinoalt History of Qinalt Il Regnoalt Kaharianalt Karaļvalstsalt Karalystėalt Kerajaanalt Kongerigealt Koninkrijkalt Krallıkalt Królestwoalt Royaumealt Tsardomalt مملكةalt Кралствоalt Царствоalt ממלכהalt امپراطوری
Author: Hara Yasuhisa
Artist: Hara Yasuhisa
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Won the 17th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

Related:

> Kingdom one-shots:
1. Li Mu
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/li-mu-r9692 )
2. Meng Wu and Chu Zi (Note: Contain spoilers to future events of the main story)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/meng-wu-and-chu-zi-r10078 )
Go to Kingdom Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kingdom Spoiler thread New Window Ace Baragan
  • 6 Replies
Topic Where did the chapters go? New Window Koreachess
  • 1 Replies
Topic Jump attacks and other unreallistic attacks. New Window l3alistic
  • 6 Replies
Topic Most feels death New Window icedpyro
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion Thread New Window OnePunchManFan
  • 174 Replies
Topic Does Houken really worth for Zhao 3 heaven general titile? New Window Roxis
  • 0 Replies

4978 Comments

Lol Ouhon. "The Hi Shin Unit represents the epitome of stupidity." How right he is....

Spoiler

Odd, according to historic facts,

Spoiler

so

Spoiler

Better hell breaks all loose than having to deal with that kinda pairing :o

(...)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I liked how Kyoukai didn't give a shit and was just eating the whole time.

Spoiler

so

Spoiler

After reading this from chapter 1 - 380 in one go 

all i can say is that 

this manga is awesome ,  

every chapter is field with epicness 

Spoiler

I'm not going to like the coming chapters...

Why not?

Spoiler

I liked how Kyoukai didn't give a shit and was just eating the whole time.

Spoiler

I have a feeling that this three prong attack will fail, then Ousen will come to the rescue like he expected it to fail.

Just wanted to say, Turnip Farmers' speed is unreal. 

I'm not going to like the coming chapters...

[qouted comments]:

Spoiler

[response]:
Spoiler

Spoiler

That's nice and all but as you said, i was not talking about china so yeah... but your information is appreciated. you are free to disregard how the roman church, the czars, and most recently North Korea all have manipulated and altered history, censoring and getting out of the way all of those that dared to contradict them.

Ah and BTW this very chapter also told us that Seikyou didn't rebeled, but he went down in history as a rebel just the same.

Last time when Shin appeared after the short time-skip, with more developed KyouKai and Ten in tow, he seemed a lot more mature, manly, wise, awe-inspiring, etc. But OuHon's entrance and the author's attempt to flesh out more of his character and ability has left Shin looking like a brat with no brains, a big mouth, no tact, no composure, etc. I must say I find this quite exasperating. But hopefully he'll show OuHon who's boss during the coming battles.

^^ This is the big problem I had with these 2 chapters.

Spoiler

Last time when Shin appeared after the short time-skip, with more developed KyouKai and Ten in tow, he seemed a lot more mature, manly, wise, awe-inspiring, etc. But OuHon's entrance and the author's attempt to flesh out more of his character and ability has left Shin looking like a brat with no brains, a big mouth, no tact, no composure, etc. I must say I find this quite exasperating. But hopefully he'll show OuHon who's boss during the coming battles.

"Ouhon's tactics: Such boldness!" the last page really says it all.

Er, no, that would be Hyou the childhood friend of Shin who served as Sei's body double and was killed during Seikyou's real rebellion.

thanks! I forgot about that, was used to the Chinese spelling of his name

What sorcery is this!? I thought there will be just extra chapters. I'm glad I checked this before I sleep :D

Thanks for the early release

That's why he said "usually" and "but not always"... some times people are forced into writing what the winners want, other times, they had to because it is a job, and other times they actually rebel and go with the facts, and when that happens they end in a world of pain, how they dare to go and write unaltered events!? kill his family! and burn the manuscripts, however there are times when some of those manuscripts survive...

When you want to comment on something, try to make it relevant. And if you don't have a clue, don't bother to comment. Sima Qian may have endured a lot of punishment in his days, but his perseverance and the ethics of the Han Imperial court meant that the reason we have the Shi Ji today is because the COURT published it. Nobody's families got killed, and no secret copy of the great martyr's works was preserved by loyal friends. The winners simply sanctioned the dissenting view and preserved it for generations to come to show the world how benevolent they were.

Continued

Spoiler

can someone refresh my memory on why sei said that he wish he could have spoken to seikyou about duke hyou, I can't remember what happened between the two of them.

Spoiler

kyoukai is the bestest 

can someone refresh my memory on why sei said that he wish he could have spoken to seikyou about duke hyou, I can't remember what happened between the two of them.

Not always is correct. Sima Qian the author of shi ji was castrated for defending the record of a general whom Emperor Wu himself had ordered vilified in the history books. He also endured quite a lot of punishments for writing the truth into his chronicles which the Imperial House of Han did not want published.

That's why he said "usually" and "but not always"... some times people are forced into writing what the winners want, other times, they had to because it is a job, and other times they actually rebel and go with the facts, and when that happens they end in a world of pain, how they dare to go and write unaltered events!? kill his family! and burn the manuscripts, however there are times when some of those manuscripts survive...

History is written by those who write history whom usually (but not always) want to suck the winners dick.

Not always is correct. Sima Qian the author of shi ji was castrated for defending the record of a general whom Emperor Wu himself had ordered vilified in the history books. He also endured quite a lot of punishments for writing the truth into his chronicles which the Imperial House of Han did not want published.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics