Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

that was shinatose telling yuhata about what happened between her and tanikaze at senshukyou back in chapter 49 (if I'm not mistaken).

Yes it belongs to that sequence: http://vatoto.com/read/_/199406/sidonia-no-kishi_v10_ch49_by_anonberg/31 ... but curiously the page is not there in ch 49, and the first panel from that page in ch 54: (http://vatoto.com/read/_/244321/sidonia-no-kishi_v11_ch54_by_habanero-scans/32) was included in ch 50 (http://vatoto.com/read/_/241402/sidonia-no-kishi_v11_ch50_by_habanero-scans/4). Is it some mistake? (The page from ch 54 doesn't have the signs of a flashback like black margin or anything.) Are there missing pages in Ch 49? 

It's not much of a harem when you can't even have sex with half of said harem. Unless Teruru goes Pinocchio on us and becomes a real girl...

...... did you just raise some sort of strange flag?

also isnt this the first time tanikaze HASNT spilled his gravity noodles? literally every single other time something happens to make him spill it on himself.

Is not there missing pages? In this page: http://vatoto.com/read/_/244321/sidonia-no-kishi_v11_ch54_by_habanero-scans/32 Nagate is bleeding in his nose; and the previous one is not related to that, nor the following. 

that was shinatose telling yuhata about what happened between her and tanikaze at senshukyou back in chapter 49 (if I'm not mistaken).

OH! I see! They are going to try and make the sun go supernova, so that they can fire off that huge gravity-beam thingy.

Real funny how Tsugumi

Spoiler

I noticed that too. I really like how the humor is so subtle that you have to pay attention to details. Its a lot funnier that way.

Is not there missing pages? In this page: http://vatoto.com/read/_/244321/sidonia-no-kishi_v11_ch54_by_habanero-scans/32 Nagate is bleeding in his nose; and the previous one is not related to that, nor the following. 

HAREM ROUTE REACTIVITATED!

It's not much of a harem when you can't even have sex with half of said harem. Unless Teruru goes Pinocchio on us and becomes a real girl...

Real funny how Tsugumi

Spoiler

Wow... she sure warmed up to Nagate quickly.

Unrelated to the chapter, and honestly a bit late to be asking, but how on earth can a half-monster hybrid that looks like a dick with an eye be such a cute heroine? Tsumugi is really too cute.

Everyone knows Nagate, he is the fêted hero of the military faction. Teruru Ichigaya's creator hated him as the symbol of the military faction and as the person he thought most despised by the Gauna due to his Genocide of them. Hence he thought that Nagate would bring aggressive Gauna and misfortune wherever he might go. The mange mentions that AIs (in this setting) strongly imprint on the attitudes and notions of their creators hence her almost instinctive and visceral dislike of Nagate.

Finally, the last major faction (I can think of) doesn't make an appearance in this arc are, who I would call, the transhumanist. This faction is mostly represented by Ochiai and the people he has subverted. This has no bearing on the questions posted  but since I was talking about factions I felt remiss not to mention them.

Just adding a bit to nicely written summary: There is a separate transhumanist faction on Sidonia which is basically a dormant realist faction with a minority of active members who were split along militarist/pacifist lines themselves.

Continued:

Spoiler

All I gotta say about the pacifist faction:

Spoiler

What's to be transported to the star?! Of course. His harem. XD

Just a small star viewing spacetrip with his harem. =D

I think I know what they will transport.

Spoiler
At last somebody noticed.

Oh god Tsumugi is such a moechara! asdfsdafsdsdfsadfsadsf her reaction to being compared to a man's thing was just lol.

damn this is certainly the ''Itou Junji's'' Special

http://vatoto.com/read/_/243944/sidonia-no-kishi_v11_ch53_by_habanero-scans/23

HAREM ROUTE REACTIVITATED!

Benisuzume's first form was cool, the second form was disturbing as hell... I think Tsumugi's tentacle is better than second form Benisuzume...

Second form? You mean Red Benisuzume? I like that form most.

"It's delicious!"

Willpower... (V)

what the heck just happened

i dont get what just happened

anyone get what just happened?

who the hell is she?

how long has she been stranded there?

how did she know Nagate?

why she hate Nagate so much?(i get this one somehow, but still stupid)

why is the old lady blame her for her shitty new job?

The ship is currently (and has been for a very long time) controlled by a militarist faction. They are only interesting in defeating the Gaunas. The only research they are interested in doing regarding them is to shoot at them and see what happens/what kills them.

Continued:

Spoiler

Lucky bastard.  He's got the best harem possible! 

A loli-shota, or whatever the hell she is loves him 

A cyborg blondie is curious of him.

A gigantic alien has a crush on him.

Ex-lover is waiting for him as an alien.

In addition, he's got a bear looking after him!!!

But I refer Benisuzume form than that tentacles form.

Benisuzume's first form was cool, the second form was disturbing as hell... I think Tsumugi's tentacle is better than second form Benisuzume...

Penis?... Looks more like a butt face to me... But(Nearly put butt) yeah, the tentacle butt is kinda odd... Her actual appearance is freaking epic though.

But I refer Benisuzume form than that tentacles form.

really like this manga but the tentacruel  - penis - jelly fish tentacle  hybrid isn't easy in the eyes really hope they soften her features i the anime

Penis?... Looks more like a butt face to me... But(Nearly put butt) yeah, the tentacle butt is kinda odd... Her actual appearance is freaking epic though.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics