Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Akatsuki no Yona

Alt Names: alt 새벽의 연화alt يونا فتاة الفجرalt یونا دختر سپیده دمalt Yona - Prinzessin der Morgendämmerungalt Yona công chúa bình minhalt Yona en el amaneceralt Yona of the Dawnalt 暁のヨナalt 拂晓的尤娜alt 晨曦公主alt Йона на заре
Author: Kusanagi Mizuho
Artist: Kusanagi Mizuho
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As the red-headed princess of Kouka, Yona lived the ideal, though sheltered, life within the walls of Hiryuu (Red Dragon) Castle. Doted on by her pacifist and cowardly father, King Il, and protected by her childhood friend/bodyguard, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe, (who has loved her since they were kids, but keeps his feelings in check). She cherishes the time she spends with the "love-of-her-life" (and older cousin), Soo-won. Though, on the night of her 16th birthday, everything changes when she witnessed someone close to her, murder her father. Now on the run, with Hak by her side, she seeks out a legend turned real. Join The Dark Dragon and the Happy, Hungry Bunch (Hak, Yona, Yoon, Kija, Shin-ah, Ao, Jae-ha, and Zeno) on their action-packed, comedic and love-complicated adventure, as they change Kouka from the outside!
Go to Akatsuki no Yona Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Spoilers] Why Su-woon fails? New Window defry
  • 17 Replies
Topic The anime!!!!! New Window JordanPaHa
  • 5 Replies
Topic Su-Won New Window Envi
  • 1 Replies

786 Comments

I CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF DAT FUZZY ROUND CUTE SQUIRREL!

Just read it and my general thoughts about series:

Spoiler

But I think series is getting better as it goes on, and the general aura of series is really warm and likeable. I hope it gets a proper place within the shoujo category as it deserves :D

Okay, that chapter was hilarious. Poor Hak. >T^T<
But I agree with Zero, funniest moment, I FOUND ROKURYUU!!!

I love this manga, its cute, funny, and has a great plot line, as well as awesome art. >^.^<
Funniest moment of ch29: Bonds:

I FOUND RYOKURYUUUU!!!!!

The lights in his eyes and how he carries him are just LMAO.
THUMP!

Oh boy. Playboy mixed with dragon instinct. He's gonna fall for Yona alright. Although he might resist but as they say...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Yes, Hak, get the chills. Get lots of'em. I too would were I in this situation.
lol you're seriously going to try to get Hak to join your piracy? Good luck, Rokuryuu, you're going to need it.
Yeah. You can see serious issues underneath (slave trade etc.) but it's a nice contrast for the new people to have a breezier style instead of being all like "Oh I am tragic with a tragic power". Not that there was anything wrong with the tragic thing, just saying this mangaka knows how to change it up.
Rokuryuu and the kuudere obaa-chan captain are amazingly funny.
lol these characters sure have a very strange affinity for each other =P
I just noticed this, but a lot of the names seem Korean...? It's not just me, right? Like Shin-Ah, Soo-Won, Jae-Ha, Lee Geun-Tae, Kang Soo-Jin, An Joon-Gi, Tae-Woo, Han Joo-Dah, etc, etc...
"You can just tell me when you want to go to these type of places."

"You're wro—ong"

Poor Hak. Yona just doesn't see him as a romantic partner at all yet, does she?

"Just watch me run away from my fate. If King Hiryu appears watch me turn him down flat!"

Too bad Yona's a girl. Rokuryuu is a playboy and coupled with the dragon instinct inside him, I can see he'll have a hard time resisting.
You're gonna be chained down by love.. *sings*
Unfortunately for him, Hiryuu is not a man xD
Huh. This new guy's interesting.
Got a bit more than I bargained for on that chapter.
Are there no other females in this world?
Such a cute, fat squirrel...
Sorry for the late upload. Holiday season and all. >.< Btw, it's still a tad early but Merry Christmas!
Chapter 23 is out. Sorry for the delay.
It's been a while that am into a shojo manga. Wah cool! Instead of doing my work am end up reading all in one shot ><
The tales of the dragons are heart wrenching each one in their own way. Also unlike many other manga where the characters are cool and powerful and this power that they have is awesome, i can assure that this is the kind of power you wouldn't want to have. These powers bring forth both physical and psychological pain; and for some reason this is what I like about this manga.
This is totally out of my usual genre for manga, but I'm really liking it.
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics