Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Akatsuki no Yona

Alt Names: alt 새벽의 연화alt يونا فتاة الفجرalt یونا دختر سپیده دمalt Yona - Prinzessin der Morgendämmerungalt Yona công chúa bình minhalt Yona en el amaneceralt Yona of the Dawnalt 暁のヨナalt 拂晓的尤娜alt 晨曦公主alt Йона на заре
Author: Kusanagi Mizuho
Artist: Kusanagi Mizuho
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: As the red-headed princess of Kouka, Yona lived the ideal, though sheltered, life within the walls of Hiryuu (Red Dragon) Castle. Doted on by her pacifist and cowardly father, King Il, and protected by her childhood friend/bodyguard, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe, (who has loved her since they were kids, but keeps his feelings in check). She cherishes the time she spends with the "love-of-her-life" (and older cousin), Soo-won. Though, on the night of her 16th birthday, everything changes when she witnessed someone close to her, murder her father. Now on the run, with Hak by her side, she seeks out a legend turned real. Join The Dark Dragon and the Happy, Hungry Bunch (Hak, Yona, Yoon, Kija, Shin-ah, Ao, Jae-ha, and Zeno) on their action-packed, comedic and love-complicated adventure, as they change Kouka from the outside!
Go to Akatsuki no Yona Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Spoilers] Why Su-woon fails? New Window defry
  • 17 Replies
Topic The anime!!!!! New Window JordanPaHa
  • 5 Replies
Topic Su-Won New Window Envi
  • 1 Replies

786 Comments

I'm glad for Yona's development. I need more of this!

RAW chapters have supposedly gone up to 76... Sigh.

That only means that we'll have cute adventurers doing cute adventure things for a long time. 

This is good, yona isn't like most annoying mc girls :)

RAW chapters have supposedly gone up to 76... Sigh.

Also I was very confused because this update has the same chapter name as the chapter of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun that was just posted and they were like right next to each other on the Front Page.

Well, they're both top-notch manga so it doesn't matter, right?  You just read both.

Looks like another guy got...

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!

Also I was very confused because this update has the same chapter name as the chapter of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun that was just posted and they were like right next to each other on the Front Page.

OMG YONA! that's character development at its finest

And the girl became a woman... Sort of

Ch. 34
If Tae-(who?)jun was the king....

Spoiler

oh my god what happens next

@rellea

thats because its taking place in a land that is supposed to not be japanese, thats why there is an absense of usual japanese things and the emperor + asthetics of story are more similar to chinese/korean empires.  japan was an isolated set of islands compared to china and korea which are on the same continent, so they are quite a bit different.

on another note i like this mangaka, she isnt afraid to make attractive female characters.  this girl is really cute its like a mix of all the girls of NG Life +.  Shes a princess, a childhood friend, and also has traits of a reverse harem character.  Sometimes i think shes all sneaky, telling all these guys nice things, what a flirt!  She knows they cant have her.

YESS SQUIRREL SCREEN TIME! :D :D Perfect hiding place as well ;)

On a side note, really liking how Yona is turning out.

So, just to recap.  We have a Princes leading a rebellion against an evil empire led by a close family member infiltrating via Disguise the lair of an evil and overweight Crime Lord and Slave Trader to rescue some kidnapped people and the big fight is going to take place on said Crime Lord's personal Barges.

I wonder how many other comparisons to Return of the Jedi I'll be able to make before this storyline concludes...

Ho Ho So he wants to tie her

Gosh I need the next chapter already... owww... hayzzz... Go Titania!!!!

Hak's face on the last page of the chapter -  lol

*gulp* Yona! Please be safe!! 

By the way guys, if you haven't yet, read this mangaka's other work: "NG Life". No manga  in existence has ever made me shed so many tears, happy and sad. It's one of my favorites, haha. Plus, NG Life's already completed, so no painful waiting for you. Just try it :D

So the dragons all sort of fall for her in a way,  but Hak is special.

Hak isn't a dragon thus he is special in that sense.

Looks like their relationship might actually start getting deeper, and it only took 32 chapters!

In Unrelated News, the Squirrel is still the best character in the Manga.

"If JaeHa had stood by and let a girl who had fallen into the sea die, I would have thrown him into the sea myself."

- Hn... How terrifying. That's why I love you, Captain <3 -

Hardcore Captain's hardcore, but that's why I love her, too. Also, Hak and JaeHa make one of the best comic duos I've ever come across. "Your face looks like it's aged about 10 years." PFFFFTTT

Hak is smart, he sneaks a lick while he had previously applied honey on dem hands.

I like how he's thinking.

Only need a blindfold and he's ready to "find the honey" .

So the dragons all sort of fall for her in a way,  but Hak is special.

Well, the captain's pretty tough.  But while it's unspoken, I wonder if she realizes what Yona's companions are thinking right now, which I assume is along the lines of "Lady, if she dies on this stupid errand, so do you."

Inorite, Hak will use his spear and turn them all into freshly sliced sashimi.

Well, the captain's pretty tough.  But while it's unspoken, I wonder if she realizes what Yona's companions are thinking right now, which I assume is along the lines of "Lady, if she dies on this stupid errand, so do you."

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics