Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 301votes)

Shishunki Bitter Change

Alt Names: alt 사춘기 비터 체인지alt Puberty Bitter Changealt 思春期ビターチェンジ
Author: Masayoshi
Artist: Masayoshi
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuuta and Yui had their body swapped when Yuuta fell down from a tree.
How will they co-operate dealing with this as they grow up?

Serialized Manga:
http://comic-polaris.jp/shishunki/

Original webcomic:
http://banbi.omiki.com/
Go to Shishunki Bitter Change Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Are any of you like me: Who wants to be the other gender for a day and then change back the next day New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic Ideal ending to the series New Window pacificsaury
  • 2 Replies
Topic Scanlate the original webcomic? New Window Julianacat
  • 7 Replies
Topic This plot is going to crumble when the series gets axed. New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies
Topic Is the translated chapter pass the original? New Window Dhoozy77
  • 1 Replies
Topic Original source New Window robpurple
  • 4 Replies

734 Comments

Thank you for the update :D.

everytime, you translators make me laugh, wtf.

It's like the author served the jokes to the translators in a silver plate XD

Man, the ending every-time, i just adore this manga. :D

I don't know whats worse, suddenly being thrown into a dysfunctional family and being forced to live with them knowing you may just end up being stuck with them or being accepted into a family and finally getting a taste of what a loving family is only to realize that someday you may return to the old dysfunctional house...
Man, I always start thinking about this every time I read a new chapter from this manga, makes me so depressed, hopefully things will turn for the better later on.
Thanks for the double chapter World Three.

Bitter's right in the title, but I really hope they eventually switch back. They want their old lives and families back, having them never go back to their old selves would be a sad end, even if they tried to shoehorn them in being happy with how it turned out. It's interesting that someone in the comments compared it to gender dysphoria, because them being locked in the wrong body is treated with unease instead of it being a jokey thing.

Yay! I'm so happy you're finally updating :'D Thank you very much.

Volume 3 coming Sept 15th the author said on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/masayosi224/status/498833562045411330/photo/1

I suspect that while the adjustment would be difficult, many people would be able to find happiness as either a man or a woman.

Speaking as a MtF transexual:

Yeah, fuck no. That's not happening. When you have gender dysphoria, getting into romantic relations is basically impossible. When what you feel your body should be like, when what your self-image is clashes so completely and fully with your actual reality, simply 'accepting it' is not an option.

I'm probably unwise to step into such a sensitive topic with my relative lack of knowledge, but... I'm not actually sure that this contradicts the OP's statement?

Spoiler

Three years is way too long! And what about trying with the hat on?

Yeah, fuck no. That's not happening.

Thaaank you!
Well anyway I doubt they'll change back, it's so terryfing and I feel so bad for them!

I just have to accept that, in this manga genre gender is pretty much more of a physical matter, a simpler world, if you will.
I expect them to end it like "well they didn't switch back but now they live as themselves instead of each other"

what do you mean by that ? is there an other version of this that has aleady ended or something ?

If yes could you explain what happened in it please, i'm really curious.

http://banbi.omiki.com/frame.html

If you click comic and click the relevant comic. Warning major spoilers. Also I can only seem to get the font to work properly on IE.

I liked it until the epilogue.  (So I'm warning you not to click the spoiler tag.) 

Spoiler

what do you mean by that ? is there an other version of this that has aleady ended or something ?

If yes could you explain what happened in it please, i'm really curious.

I liked it until the epilogue.  (So I'm warning you not to click the spoiler tag.) 

Spoiler

My prediction is:

Spoiler

Spoiler

How am I supposed to know you meant Chapter 3? You don't mention that at all in the post, and you made the comment immediately after Chapter 8 and 9 were posted with joke pages. So the natural assumption is you're speaking about the new ones, not something posted 6 months ago.

Slowpoke.jpg

Double Update and the Awesome funny pages return? FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you THREE WORLD!  Now , I thought they already had their first period but now lol Poor YUUTA! No wonder he's been so damn moody lately.    Chapter 8 was a bit week but the more bitter change the better ! :D Maybe what his face would turn Yaoi...

Are they in poor taste? Maybe. But I think your definition of child-abuse needs some work. It's alluding to Yui and Yuuta doing the deed together. (And technically to herself?)

The hell are you talking about? I specifically described the one in chapter 3. Are you seriously going to look at that and act like I'm being unreasonable for reading it as child abuse?

Ah, return of the joke pages. I'll just say I didn't like them the first time around.

I suspect that while the adjustment would be difficult, many people would be able to find happiness as either a man or a woman.

Yeah, fuck no. That's not happening. When you have gender dysphoria, getting into romantic relations is basically impossible. When what you feel your body should be like, when what your self-image is clashes so completely and fully with your actual reality, simply 'accepting it' is not an option. 

I compensate by simply keeping people at arms' length at all times, but it is not a pleasant way to live. Whenever someone asks me my opinion of how attractive someone is, or whether I'd date this person, and so on and so forth, I have to bite my tongue every time for fear of outing myself. I just can't get into these kinds of things like a normal human being. 

I do wonder if the author is ever going to go into the experience of gender dysphoria (so far, it seems like that issue is secondary to their social identities), since, as far as I can tell, these two were pretty much normal before they switched bodies. I suspect drama is going to unfold in their adult lives if they don't switch back. 

Regarding the past-tense monologue that's peppered in the various chapters...

Spoiler

My prediction is:

Spoiler

Personally, I don't really mind the joke pages. I mean, if you know it's going to be after the translation credits page, I think you all have the option of just skipping it entirely. I'm not offended by any of them and the low-brow humor is pretty funny at times to me.

Expecting this to bring a real cliche way of switching bodies like kissing into the story.

Not that it would make for a worse story in my opinion xD

Regarding the past-tense monologue that's peppered in the various chapters...

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's not just in the prism of gender. Who we are isn't who we were at birth. It's a combination of all our knowledge and experiences that we pick up while living. The Yuuta who grows up as a girl is a different person than a Yuuta who went unchanged.

As for gender identity itself, I suspect its just like the rest of our identity. There are parts that are set in place basically from birth (genetics), but there are also parts that are shaped significantly by our experiences and socialization. I suspect that while the adjustment would be difficult, many people would be able to find happiness as either a man or a woman.

These joke pages are annoying and are really ruining it for me for a few moments at a time when I read this series.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics