Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 148votes)

Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare

Alt Names: alt ¡Mi amigo de la infancia DEBE ser una chica!alt 幼なじみは女の子になぁれalt My childhood friend MUST become a girl!alt Osananajimi wa Onna no Ko ni Naare
Author: Morishita Mao
Artist: Morishita Mao
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On one particular day, a high school student, Shuichi, saves a magical fairy Sylphy from drowning in a pond. When Sylphy offers to grant one wish out of gratitude, Shuichi immediately asks for a “cute childhood girlfriend.” Sylphy then turns Shuichi’s childhood male friend, Iori, into a girl…! The newly female Iori is surprisingly cute…!
Go to Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

532 Comments

"Am I  gay if I like this Osanai person?"

You know, I wouldn't worry too much. She's way too cute and he's way cool.  :D

LOL!  Iori can't even win an arm wrestling match with another girl when he's a girl!

At this rate, (if being reminded he's a girl keeps him from changing back), he's going to be a girl for a while.  All Shuichi has to do is gope his tits or ass evey so often, and hell stay a girl indefinitely. >:-)

110% agree with the scanlator's name.

CUTENESS IS JUSTICE.

Spoiler

You know, this is technically and biologically not gay

To reconcile this horrible discrepancy I suggest reading Himitsu no Akuma-chan where the name It's Not Gay If It's Cute Scans would make sense and be perfectly valid.
It's okay, Sensei may fail at girl power but that's why she gets the D. XD

that MC is such a massive dick… what a terrible childhood friend. i'd bitchslap his smug face back to space if i were iori.

The last page mostly funny thing I've. ever heard says that : Teacher :I have weird boner Students : ikw right, wait what ...? Lol hilarious

What manga is this?

Uhh... I think that is the one about the delinquent turned into a girl that, of course, then fucks around with his best friend. Not my thing, but I remember seeing it posted before. Think its' Eroe - Seitenkango Shinyuu something (H-manga)

As for feminine speech: Think of the idea behind the "Valley Girl" speech style people make fun of. "Like, oh my god, look at how cute this is. It's like, the most perfect thing e-var." Except in most cases not nearly that extreme.

So Japanese has speech styles that only women use. The most common one is ending sentences in "wa" IE: Sou desu wa instead of Sou desu yo or another common more informal one is the "na no" and younger girls/kids often use "mon"  IE: (I like it) Suki da mon! instead of just Suki da! Matt Da-mon

So, what IS "female speech"?

The easiest way is to give you an example.

Say "I am a man!" in Japanese.

Masculine - Iori: 俺は男だ! [ore wa otoko da!]

Feminine - Shiori: 私は男。[watashi wa otoko.] 

It's Not Gay If It's Cute.

Spoiler

I get it already, but it's still not gay.

My favorite character is Sylphy, the little fairy.

I just can't resist someone who so dutifully continues to do the wrong, er, I mean, the PROPER thing at all times when it comes to her responsibility!!!

this shit is fucking horrible but im gonna read this shit anyway

Too much acid can be bad, hahah

So...  Does THIS mean...

Spoiler

...You might be onto something Pervy...

So...  Does THIS mean...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm reading something similar but hey, "It's not Gay If it's Cute"... LOL!

00_000.jpg

What manga is this?

Read our group name until you are no longer confused.

Incidently, I'm waiting for the credits page to go from "Still Not Gay" to "Most Definitely Gay Now" 

This is...a weird, yet cute manga.

Chapter 7 was adorable, but i don't understand: What does "female speech" means?

A cutesy special way girls speak in japan?

Different words?

This part:

Spoiler

In english its a normal way to speech, but the font is different.

More than just the differences in personal pronouns like 私 (watashi) vs 僕(boku) and 俺 (ore), women also tend use slightly different mannerisms when they speak. They put less force in in their speech and it comes off a lot softer. Phrasing is also taken into account and they tend to speak a lot more politely.

When girls speak like boys in Japan they stereotypically come off as uncultured. 

Though muh dik 's still confused...

Read our group name until you are no longer confused.

Chapter 7 was adorable, but i don't understand: What does "female speech" means?

Different words?

Um... best way for you to think of it is: The language has "polite speech" which is gender neutral. Masculine speech is rougher and ruder; feminine speech is softer and more polite. The most obvious changes are different words for "I" and "you".

If you aren't planning on learning japanese, that should be enough for you to understand when people mention "aren't you being too familiar?" "stop being so polite" "You sound too masculine. Are you really a girl?" etc

Though muh dik 's still confused...

I'm reading something similar but hey, "It's not Gay If it's Cute"... LOL!

Spoiler

Chapter 7 was adorable, but im don't understand: What does "female speech" means?

Different words?

This part:

Spoiler

In english its a normal way to speech, but the font is different.

It's talking about the way that the character is referring to themselves in the native language which would be using a form of referring to oneself in either a female or male connotation of speech.

For females it would likely be something along the lines of 'atashi', or 'watashi', but could even include 'boku' (though not likely in this case) to refer to themselves.  Whereas the male would more likely use either 'ore', and 'boku' when referring to themselves.

Perhaps a translation note would have worked there. Iori is simply using the feminine forms of the words when speaking, and speaking less "forcefully", I suppose. It doesn't translate very well to English.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics