Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 329votes)

Sidonia no Kishi

Alt Names: alt シドニアの騎士alt Knights of Sidonia
Author: Nihei Tsutomu
Artist: Nihei Tsutomu
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremMecha MechaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Risking his life to ensure humanity's survival, Tanikaze Nagate rides out in his silver armour, the Tsugumori!

Thousands of years have passed since the Gauna destroyed the Solar System.

The enormous seed ship, Sidonia, travels through space while propagating and producing humans.

Brought up in the lowest decks of Sidonia, a young man, Tanikaze Nagate, becomes a Guardian trainee, and is authorized to pilot the outdated but historically renowned Tsugumori.

The battle with Nagate's life at stake begins now!
Go to Sidonia no Kishi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Relatively Relevant Matter New Window deusvult
  • 5 Replies
Topic Links to the Q&A at Vienna, as depicted in ch. 30.5 New Window either
  • 0 Replies
Topic Possible relations with other works New Window Havoc
  • 12 Replies
Topic Girls of Sidonia Popularity Poll New Window deusvult
  • 1 Replies
Topic Ochiai New Window DarkSpirit
  • 1 Replies
Topic Knights of Sidonia Anime New Window xeixei
  • 13 Replies

664 Comments

That man-whore!

People seems to really like pairing him up with Tsumugi. Wouldn't it be weird to hook up with a pseudo-human space monster clone of your dead lover? It would never work anyways, their biology is too different unless we get a twist at the end.

And the captain's shotacon attribute came to life...

It's not shota, physically, they're of similar age. Seems like she's just using him as a replacement for her lingering affections for his dead "grandfather."

huhuhu

m9SvIpg.gif?1

About time. I mean, we've had a pilot next-door, a hermaphrodite, a strategist, an ace pilot, two of the clone sisters, a tsundere robot, a chimera and now the freaking captain herself interested in Tanikaze (and I might be forgetting someone). If that's not a harem, I don't know what it is.

u missed the bear, or hot chick in bear suit

Finally caught up on this.  Sooooo many death flags being thrown around here....

naaah, poor bear! ><

I can't seem to forget that line "our height difference is only 15 meters". The feels ...

oh at last THEY ADD HAREM TAG!!!!

IT IS HAREM!!!

TANIKAZE HAREM!!!!

About time. I mean, we've had a pilot next-door, a hermaphrodite, a strategist, an ace pilot, two of the clone sisters, a tsundere robot, a chimera and now the freaking captain herself interested in Tanikaze (and I might be forgetting someone). If that's not a harem, I don't know what it is.

He doesn't have the photosynthesis trait, but he patches with an extra amount of balls

Spoiler

what? she is your superior!!!......

oh at last THEY ADD HAREM TAG!!!!

IT IS HAREM!!!

TANIKAZE HAREM!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Tanikaze declined at the last moment. No evidence of that at this point either way but I just can't see him go against his current partner, monster girl or not.

The chapter title combined with the last we see definitly hints at it, but let's wait until the next chapter before we draw conclusions.

Yes, well, technically a tool used for poking qualifies as a poker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxb7b0jGZvc

How I picture things will go down

Tanikaze: I'm afraid I don't understand

Kobayashi: I'm saying i want to p-photosynthesize

Tanikaze: Oh you're hungry? Why didn't you just say so? Hiyama-san has a meal waiting for us. Let's go!

Kobayashi: W-wait

Kobayashi & Hiyama: ...

Tanikaze: This is great Hiyama-san! Right? Capt err Kobayashi-san?

Kobayashi & Hiyama: ...

Are you telling me Tanikaze finally got to the action?

And possibly the commander was a 700 old years virgin in love?

If T lose his virgin hero attribute the protection from death he had until now will become weaker...

Didn't he cross the species barrier already?

Kobayashi, the rock and foundation of Sidonia... is doubting?!!

The end times are near. Well, nearer.

Immortal I'd Like to F**k.

Right, because Pedobear would sit down to eat with the thieving cat who stole her past-lover-lookalike boy toy. The world you live in must be filled with rainbows and unicorns. 

I'm sure the seck didn't happen but still what could they be doing together in that place for 3 hrs? Tanikaze received the message from Lala at 7 and did not come back past 10... Playing poker? 

Yes, well, technically a tool used for poking qualifies as a poker.

Stop hating, the Captain lived through stress for centuries. She deserves some R&R and some Tanikaze "D". I just hope that afterwards they can all have dinner together with Mama Bear ;_;

Right, because Pedobear would sit down to eat with the thieving cat who stole her past-lover-lookalike boy toy. The world you live in must be filled with rainbows and unicorns. 

I'm sure the seck didn't happen but still what could they be doing together in that place for 3 hrs? Tanikaze received the message from Lala at 7 and did not come back past 10... Playing poker? 

Stop hating, the Captain lived through stress for centuries. She deserves some R&R and some Tanikaze "D". I just hope that afterwards they can all have dinner together with Mama Bear ;_;

If Tanikaze bangs the Captain, this manga would be godlike.

IIRC, the current captain (The second, current one) is a clone of the previous captain, with immortality embedded into her (like Tanikaze is, basically [and he really is immortal, remember, how his lifesings went flat somewhere around the first 3-4 chapters?]).

The immortal comittee were extending their lives by putting themselves into a Matrix of sorts (Which later was destroyed by that butler guy, on the orders of the captain [you know, the guy, who can use higgs-particle weapons, or gravitational beam emitters (Can't tell which, and it's just me trying to name it something) with his mind]), so the comittee is no longer, thus they were not the same kind of immortal as the captain.

I'd also wager, that the captain's bandage on her forehead is nothing more, than decoration, to keep the pretense up. (You know, the whole immortality is top-secret)

Plus, you can see the bullett(?) pass right through her head.

Tanikaze is more immortal than any of the immortal ship committee, including the captain. Basically, the immortals CAN be killed, but they can also be perfectly revived after death. Tanikaze is special in that his body can do this without external help. The captain was revived by clone Ochiai after she was shot. The rest of the immortals (for obvious reasons) weren't. Lala seems to be another special case because, as we now know, she was already in the bear suit before becoming immortal. That said, the only known difference between Tanikaze and the rest of the immortals so far is that he's got super-regenerative abilities that allow him to even revive himself from death - provided most of his body is intact and repairable. The rest of the supposedly forbidden mods don't seem to have manifested themselves to the extent of our knowledge. 

Unless harem-building is one of them.

Are you telling me Tanikaze finally got to the action?

And possibly the commander was a 700 old years virgin in love?

If T lose his virgin hero attribute the protection from death he had until now will become weaker...

Spoiler
Deleted

Right, because Pedobear would sit down to eat with the thieving cat who stole her past-lover-lookalike boy toy. The world you live in must be filled with rainbows and unicorns. [...]

Lol. And suddenly a song I'd associated with this manga since the beginning connects in another way.

Captain NTR'd Tanikaze from Tsumugi.

What.

Ah, guys, I'm lost. Before chapter 66, that I do not dare to read yet, were the previous chapters :

- deleted (Batoto stated clearly that it respects the spirit of the DMCA law and they require what they're asked to remove)

- or not released yet, and in that case we need to wait for them to be released ?

Thank you so much if someone can make a clarification ! :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics