Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 709votes)

Magi

Alt Names: alt マギalt 마기alt Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicalt ماگی: پیچال جادو
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtaka Shinobu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the Djinn Ugo and his friend, Alibaba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…

Won the 59th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Spin-Off:
> Magi - Sinbad no Bouken (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/adventure-of-sinbad-r8536)
Go to Magi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic End of Magi? :'( New Window Eldaeb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is it just me or Magi reminds me of the Bible or maybe the Quran and Jews New Window GreatNinja
  • 30 Replies
Topic Who's your favourite Magi character? New Window Portgas D. Itachi
  • 14 Replies
Topic How do you think Magi will end? New Window PancakePower
  • 9 Replies
Topic And you just created the country that manufactures everything New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies
Topic Anyone got the feeling that Sinbad will be a future villain? New Window dred05
  • 12 Replies

6243 Comments

chapter 333 last page is using the "it was me, dio" meme? or im looking into this too much >_<

Speaking of sues... is it me or isn't Sinbad kind of giving strong Aizen vibes across the plot? Like, ALL his plans come out and happen without issue, no real setbacks and what appears to be so is actually him getting an even better hand. Top it off with a convoluted way to actually defeat him since it's clear that in a proper fight he couldn't be so. I mean, he was already toeing that line with him being the only with 7 djinns, being a self-made king and yada yada but... he never "seems" wrong to no one (barring MCs) in the story. Plus his current motivation gives a rare deja-vu between aizen and bach's plans.

Aizen has influenced and I'm sure will still influence many villainous plots for years to come. So I'm not surprised by those vibes, although it can be said that a lot of mangas have ended with similar godly overpowered villains with world changing plans. Bleach's last Big Bad too, Naruto, etc.

That said, I'm happy that the Seven Dungeons are not about beating the heck out of Sinbad, but trying to overcome his philosophical questions too. Basically, Sinbad is giving everyone a last chance: "convince me or at least make me doubt, and you'll stop my plan".

"I don't know/care what's right, I'll do what I want." Ah yes, satanism at its finest "Do What Thou Wilt"

I was always sort of indiferent towards him, but the focus Shinobu is giving him makes me dislike him lmao. He never felt like someone memorable character wise and all of the sudden he is basically MC when Aladdin was the MC. So everything he does now seems sort of Sue to me.

Basically I'm saying is not exactly your fault for not liking him is just Shinobu who didn't have the time to properly flesh out her characters to make them likeable.

In other words, you don't understand what a mary sue is, don't you? Like, Alibaba has been one of the two MCs, with plenty of time dedicated on him across the series but because the character you like isn't the spotlight. It doesn't work that way. Alibaba has done nothing to warrant that qualification. Mary sues have a series of traits and, if anything, Aladdin ticks off more boxes than sinbad (though it's properly executed, so it can be given a pass, just like harry potter).

Speaking of sues... is it me or isn't Sinbad kind of giving strong Aizen vibes across the plot? Like, ALL his plans come out and happen without issue, no real setbacks and what appears to be so is actually him getting an even better hand. Top it off with a convoluted way to actually defeat him since it's clear that in a proper fight he couldn't be so. I mean, he was already toeing that line with him being the only with 7 djinns, being a self-made king and yada yada but... he never "seems" wrong to no one (barring MCs) in the story. Plus his current motivation gives a rare deja-vu between aizen and bach's plans.

This series is awesome, little sad about that it's ending with this final arc. Also the author's art style is so beautiful ...Even with that big-mash up that happened with Sinbad I still found it okay-ish.

Well... Even after 332 chap i cant like alibaba... Not sure why D:

I was always sort of indiferent towards him, but the focus Shinobu is giving him makes me dislike him lmao. He never felt like someone memorable character wise and all of the sudden he is basically MC when Aladdin was the MC. So everything he does now seems sort of Sue to me.

Basically I'm saying is not exactly your fault for not liking him is just Shinobu who didn't have the time to properly flesh out her characters to make them likeable.

Well... Even after 332 chap i cant like alibaba... Not sure why D:

I really like this system, where someone can literally control the laws of the world because it's deontological.

It literally means Might makes Right.

There is no such thing as "Absolute power corrupts absolutely", because the one in power is always the one in the right.

It's 4 (5? with Morgiana) against the world!!

omg, just realize how this yin-yang combo is what they call if there is light there will be darkness, hence the harmony can be real.

Aladdin already has his answer, he only needs to confirm whether it'd be "right"(it obviously is) to do it or not. He dislikes acting upon his selfishness and would prefer to confirm whether others would agree with him or not

Welp, according to Aliaba the other sue last chapter , Aladdin was indeed being all "alibaba tell me what to think : ( " so yeah idk

Has Yunan turned evil? I wonder who else is on aladin's side

Nobody is actually evil from this, just brainwashed. Supposedly, he was affected but we don't know If it was just a thing of the moment like with Aladdin or he was legit brainwashed like everyone else. I don't recall Yunan being with everyone else celebrating mass suicide so who knows.

I know it's an old thing, but still strange to me to see Aladdin became such ikemen..

It is Magi, where everyone of importance is attractive.

I kinda wish his adult design had more traces of Sheba's design besides his eyes. It'd be a better way to portray how different he thinks from his dad if that was so.

Rulers are people too, therefore too stupid to know what is best for them or others, by your own logic.

You are part of the people too, therefore too stupid to know what is best for you and everything you say and think is then wrong.

Being a slave could then be good for you but you can't know since you're too stupid.

Unless you think you aren't which means you place yourself above others, since you are better than everybody else.

You have a really atrocious view of people.

It's funny that the ages were slavery was practiced the most were ages were your so called ''rulers'' decided everything for everybody.

You are either trolling and i fell for it or you are just a plain idiot and your parents have my deepest condolences.

Touché! This comment is a One hit KO!

Return of the best couple, Judar X Hakuryuu. X)

So, like, when do we get our Alibaba x Judar doujin? <_< Also needs more Yunan.

People are too stupid to know what is best for them, it is the burden of rulers to guide even as it is against their people's will. Otherwise we would still have slavery and segregation.

Rulers are people too, therefore too stupid to know what is best for them or others, by your own logic.

You are part of the people too, therefore too stupid to know what is best for you and everything you say and think is then wrong.

Being a slave could then be good for you but you can't know since you're too stupid.

Unless you think you aren't which means you place yourself above others, since you are better than everybody else.

You have a really atrocious view of people.

It's funny that the ages were slavery was practiced the most were ages were your so called ''rulers'' decided everything for everybody.

You are either trolling and i fell for it or you are just a plain idiot and your parents have my deepest condolences.

I know it's an old thing, but still strange to me to see Aladdin became such ikemen..

Yunan has had a lot of contact with things like the dark continent. He may be similarly special and void of such suicidal aspirations. 

Cover 32 (full)

71ycrZGR7vL.jpg

People are too stupid to know what is best for them, it is the burden of rulers to guide even as it is against their people's will. Otherwise we would still have slavery and segregation.

Alibaba had his rape face on.

I like where this is going

i kind of expected for Alibaba to just say to her "But I don't want to die". would Mor still be all "but it's gonna be gr8"??

Alibaba had his rape face on.

Whoa that's so messed up

Damn, I was hoping it was just going to be her testing Alibaba's sanity.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics