Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 709votes)

Magi

Alt Names: alt マギalt 마기alt Magi: The Labyrinth of Magicalt ماگی: پیچال جادو
Author: Ohtaka Shinobu
Artist: Ohtaka Shinobu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Deep within the deserts lie the mysterious Dungeons, vast stores of riches open for the taking by anyone lucky enough to find them and brave enough to venture into the depths from where few have ever returned. Plucky young adventurer Aladdin means to find the Dungeons and their riches, but Aladdin may be just as mysterious as the treasures he seeks. Together with the Djinn Ugo and his friend, Alibaba, Aladdin sets out to find his fortune in the depths of the endless dunes…

Won the 59th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.

Spin-Off:
> Magi - Sinbad no Bouken (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/adventure-of-sinbad-r8536)
Go to Magi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic End of Magi? :'( New Window Eldaeb
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is it just me or Magi reminds me of the Bible or maybe the Quran and Jews New Window GreatNinja
  • 30 Replies
Topic Who's your favourite Magi character? New Window Portgas D. Itachi
  • 14 Replies
Topic How do you think Magi will end? New Window PancakePower
  • 9 Replies
Topic And you just created the country that manufactures everything New Window lygarx
  • 3 Replies
Topic Anyone got the feeling that Sinbad will be a future villain? New Window dred05
  • 12 Replies

6243 Comments

God create the world in 6 day and go rest the 7th. So why Simbad still want to work after ?

Sinbad is aware that he's far from perfect, so he's going the extra mile to actually fix the small stuff. Always a perfectionist.

17909072_1485151071524748_2067149142_n.p

Eh, i ship it.

God create the world in 6 day and go rest the 7th. So why Simbad still want to work after ?

tl;dr hakuryuu won sinbad lost and next

seriously ohtaka...is this because editor changing? or does she fall ill? series being axed or what? like ok i understand what's going on but it's like I study for tomorrow's test and immediately forget about it after.

So like

Spoiler

More than any convoluted line of dialogue, I loved the visual representation of Sinbad's and Hakuryu's differences: Sinbad loves his friends, but imagines himself as a giant god among them; Hakuryu destroys his own reflection and elevates his little sister as a giant above him.

Hakuryu's abdication isn't praised enough. The moral of retirement in fiction is usually that the person in question shouldn't have retired; but in Kougyoku's case, she proved to be a better ruler. Hakuryu's retiring was the best he could have done for his country. Not a happy message, but a necessary one.

Spoiler for ch. 340.

if you're currently enjoy reading Adventure of sinbad.

dont read this chapter

It's not really a spoiler considering certain characters never appeared in the main series. Any reader of both series would be able to infer such facts.

So this time it's pride,sinbad thinks to highly of himself and pride and arrogance was mentioned several times, I am assuming maybe next is greed? maybe lust?

Spoiler for ch. 340.

if you're currently enjoy reading Adventure of sinbad.

dont read this chapter

Judar's life philosophy, "F*** the police."

Gotta love classic Judar

So Judar agreed with sinbad's conviction? Then he should've lost the argument D:

Nah he agreed that he could have a different life if that bitch didn't exist but it doesn't mean he hated what he had become and is able to actually fully accept his past and future while still hating the people that was a dick at him in the first place.

This first trial is about Wrath, Which had an interesting outcome tbh you can hate something while loving it at the same time it ain't black and white.

So Judar agreed with sinbad's conviction? Then he should've lost the argument D:

Sinbad aspires for a form of order that he would devise, Judar is a proud anarchist who takes joys in fucking things up and blowing order away. Guess whose path is the easiest and most satisfying: Judar's "moral" victory :)

Not quite, Sinbad chose to fight against fate when Judar chose to go with the flow. Judar killed the illusion for a different reason than Sinbad's conviction.

What-ifs are pointless and it's better to play the hand you were dealt with basically.

Judar's life philosophy, "F*** the police."

Judar saw right though Sinbad. For all his fireworks, deep inside Sinbad doubts himself and the path he is taking.

And next, they meet and fight the Taurus Golden Knight, this is it?

No, wrong series?

My bad.

Back to conquering dungeon! Good old times 

Titus is being a brainwashed shit and Yunan is missing. I don't recall Yunan supporting dying with everyone else so I can't tell If he is also like Titus or Shinobu simply forgot to include him at all in the story (which would be hilarious given he was in the cover of the past volume).

I'm pretty sure I saw Yunan with Aladdin a few chapters ago, talking about the sacred palace being "Changed."  

will have to double check.

Cover art for Volume 33

Spoiler

This just gets more and more ridiculous as time goes on.  I'm a bit sad to see it ending, even though I still have to read a bunch of chapters between Magnistol and now, but this ending just is crazy.

I'm also curious where the other Magi are, since only 2 of them went to the "Sacred Palace" (maybe I missed something since I didn't read a chapter or 2 after Aladdin was talking to Yunan).

Titus is being a brainwashed shit and Yunan is missing. I don't recall Yunan supporting dying with everyone else so I can't tell If he is also like Titus or Shinobu simply forgot to include him at all in the story (which would be hilarious given he was in the cover of the past volume).

snip

Precisely because Aladdin is properly (well, decently) excecuted as MC, is that I don't give a shit If he is a sue (which he is, bc, again, MC). My issue with Alibaba has been there for a long time, and It's mostly due to Shinobu bullshitting things to make the guy look more relevant than he really was (usually in the form of giving him achievments he did not get or altering facts for his sake). In this particular arc he has been given a particular focus as MC when he was pretty meh most of the time. I'm tired of repeating myself on this tbh. 

Anyways miss me with your alibaba fanboy bullshit. Shinobu apparently stated herself she couldn't properly flesh out her own damn characters due to time constricts or the way she wrote things (for example how Alibaba and Hakuryuu were supposed to have a deeper bond and shit but she didn't get to show it off and now it just looks awkward), so again I'm not surprised she is doing this or that in this arc.

Last arc? Finally. Hopefully it'll be good at the end.

I was hoping for a little more Amon reunion..ya know?

This just gets more and more ridiculous as time goes on.  I'm a bit sad to see it ending, even though I still have to read a bunch of chapters between Magnistol and now, but this ending just is crazy.

I'm also curious where the other Magi are, since only 2 of them went to the "Sacred Palace" (maybe I missed something since I didn't read a chapter or 2 after Aladdin was talking to Yunan).

Hey Hey, what is it. Conquering dungeons? Adventure! Gimme~ Gimme~.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics