Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 403votes)

I Am a Hero

Alt Names: alt Ako ay isang Bayanialt Aku Adalah Seorang Pahlawanalt アイアムアヒーローalt Ben Bir Kahramanımalt Eu Sou Um Heróialt 请叫我英雄alt Soy un Héroealt Tôi là anh hùngalt من قهرمانمalt Я — геройalt אני גיבורalt أنا بطل
Author: Hanazawa Kengo
Artist: Hanazawa Kengo
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hideo Suzuki is a thirty-five year old mangaka assistant struggling to be the hero in his own life by breaking back into the lime light with a new serial all the while juggling his relationship with his girlfriend and his own delusions.

However, as hard as Hideo may try, the world seems to have a different set of plans for him; sinister and dark machinations that completely overturn his reality as he knows it.

Nominated for the 3rd and 4th Manga Taisho Award (2010 and 2011).
Go to I Am a Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers) New Window Serial Raper
  • 9 Replies
Topic Is there any sight to when this might end? New Window SangMo
  • 2 Replies
Topic "I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016 New Window Ozen
  • 17 Replies
Topic Chapter 197 New Window Tadao
  • 0 Replies
Topic Zombie Apocalypse Day Preparation (For fun) New Window Harpuea
  • 21 Replies
Topic Infected and awakened and hair. New Window Delete me 12345567
  • 2 Replies

1217 Comments

would a book (even a thick cover one) really stop a rifle bullet though?

Last scene Hideo live alone. That scene reminds me of robert neville from "I am Legend"

Exactly!!! Me too..

Nature is gradually taking over I see..

Well on the bright side the ZQN outbreak helped prevent global warming form getting worse I guess..

why she reminds me of hiromi!?

She looks similar, but I don't know the author sometimes draws faces kind of the same. 

LUL that axe drop was one of the best part of the recent updates. Also auntie became a hot babe.

why she reminds me of hiromi!?

LUL that axe drop was one of the best part of the recent updates. Also auntie became a hot babe.

WTF. It's suddenly become 'I Am Legend'?

Mmmmh ok, but why is the new auntie looking a lot like an older and sexier Hiromi?

Yeah that was fucking weird. I guess she is the replacement considering Hiromi is marked as "down" in that picture.

Or is he? Hideo is implied to also be a "Kurusu" since he can also enter the Kurusu space. Maybe he's subconsciously defending his own kind while making rationalizations for doing it in the conscious space.

He tried to shot a guy that in the end was only saved by the mass of Kurusu whose mind changed only because of the kurusu leg girl. He aint shit.

Mmmmh ok, but why is the new auntie looking a lot like an older and sexier Hiromi?

Surprise release!

Enjoy~

God bless you.

Last scene Hideo live alone. That scene reminds me of robert neville from "I am Legend"

What??? It's the end?

3 more chapters.

What??? It's the end?

Thank you so much! The final heli scenes were so satisfying.

Or is he? Hideo is implied to also be a "Kurusu" since he can also enter the Kurusu space. Maybe he's subconsciously defending his own kind while making rationalizations for doing it in the conscious space.

agree with that. Plus, Hideo is unable to think straight, often a little something wrong when he thinks by himself. His conclusions often are skewed.

Thanks to everyone who worked and uploaded this manga. Not the best ending, but I'm satisfied.

wooooaahhh... chapters, chapters every where...
thanks for update...

Arphage, I find it difficult to imagine a more selfless and heroic individual than yourself. Thank you for all your hard work, and for consistently providing us with such high quality scanlations. It is thanks to you that I can binge a full two volumes tonight and, it being a pretty hard time in my life, I really appreciate being able to do so. Hope you have an awesome weekend, you deserve it.

Surprise release!

Enjoy~

Really hating the mc right now shooting at people based on their looks.

This is too god damned stupid, if I didn't know the series was about to end then I'd have just dropped it right now.

A part of me still thinks that way too. What a shame.

This is too god damned stupid, if I didn't know the series was about to end then I'd have just dropped it right now.

I thought the main point of the whole series was to survive and find the source? And maybe overcome it? We're only half-way from there. Maybe the author just got bored or run out of ideas...

I think you made an assumption that the author never implied. Oda was trying to do that when she first met Hiromi, but even she gave up on that idea. People have too much on their hands trying to survive to find the source of this. Besides, the whole idea driving this manga seems to be that things are only going downhill, humanity is collapsing, and there's no turning back. 

Have you noticed how characters who thought things were going back to normal sooner or later either died or changed their minds ? IMO it's always been an indication where this is all going.

Really hating the mc right now shooting at people based on their looks.

There was never a need to explain the source of the virus, and even if it was explained what would that accomplish? Sure the half-assed 'it's aliens' answer the author gave wasn't satisfying, but there isn't really a need to explain the origin of the virus. I really don't know what grand finale people were expecting. 

I thought the main point of the whole series was to survive and find the source? And maybe overcome it? We're only half-way from there. Maybe the author just got bored or run out of ideas...

Inb4 that his imaginary friend Yajima shows up and it's all a dream

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics