Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

"I Am a Hero" movie coming out April 23rd, 2016

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ozen

Ozen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts

And here's a trailer.

Source on release date.

Needless to say: :D.

KyoYami

KyoYami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Ok thanks...now do you know when the rest of these chapters are being translated?

• Nyu likes this

Ozen

Ozen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts

I ain't the translator, bro. :P I think Illuminati-Manga has an IRC channel, though, so you can ask there.

• Nyu likes this

aVylaar Xmas :) ★

aVylaar Xmas :) ★

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Woah! It even looks pretty good :D

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWhere blue doves fly

Ok thanks...now do you know when the rest of these chapters are being translated?

They are done when they're done, I imagine. The translators have lives of their own and though I am not certain how they operate, doubt they are getting paid to do it so they would have to work to get a chance to keep translating, too, patience is key~

• Nyu likes this

Everyone has their reasons, even if their reasons disagree with general taste.

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

Don't get upset, get curious.

larana1192

larana1192

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationYokohama,Japan
aVylaar Xmas :) ★, on 16 Apr 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Woah! It even looks pretty good :D

I watched it today, it was awesome movie!

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

Is it available anywhere with English subtitles?

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Sir Stranger the Second

Sir Stranger the Second

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I believe the I Am A Hero movie is not for sale in any way, shape, or form.

At least, I have searched fairly extensively on merchandising and auction websites and have no indication that such a product exists or even will exist.

• Nyu likes this

Ozen

Ozen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts

I believe the I Am A Hero movie is not for sale in any way, shape, or form.

At least, I have searched fairly extensively on merchandising and auction websites and have no indication that such a product exists or even will exist.

Freaking hell. I can't find it either. Living in the US, I take it as a given that a movie is gonna be squeezed for every penny it's got. This situation doesn't parse.

• Nyu likes this

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
Here is a link, hope ya like! (Japanese only)
http://youtu.be/1aX3JwkWV3Y
In time's of elimination
We've got nothing to lose
Please repeat the message
It's the music that we choose

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
I just finished watching, I am not sure myself if it is the movie or not..I apologize
In time's of elimination

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

I appreciate your effort, but without subtitles, I can't make heads nor tails out of it.  But thanks for trying, my friend.

Kastuk

Kastuk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thia is just the prequel webisodes I am A Hero: Hajimari no Hi

smashko

smashko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

japanese movies tend to take longer to come out on home media than here in the states.

be expected to wait a few more months

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

Found the English subbed version earlier today and watched it at this site: http://kissasian.com/

Loved the movie!!!

• Nyu likes this

Crazy Apple

Crazy Apple

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, the

Indeed it was good pervysage ;) Didn't really stray to much from the original story I saw. Just a few details.

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl

Mostly spoiler-free review(?) oh yeah :batoto_032:

I saw the prequel movie a few weeks ago and saw the actual movie the other day. The (actual) 2 hr long movie cuts off after the outlet mall arc, right when they have escaped and are in the car. Since those chapters came out months ago my memory is fuzzy, but I know there were some parts definitely changed. But only just 'enough', I'd say. Like for example, Hideo is a good 75% less annoying and irritating, even though they kept that aspect of the character in the movie (his nonsensical way of rationalizing and that kind of shit) they omitted some scenes, changed some (like the order of something or how an actual event occurred, and minor character design details) but I don't think there were many "new" ones. The best, least 'OH MY GOD! YOU RUINED THE MOVIE!' spoiler-like example I can give (it's from like the first 2 or 3 chapters... c'mon) for how something has changed is how when Hideo's gf became a zombie and he went to visit her. You remember? Yeah, she went all "ggogodjdflslsgivemeyourbrainslajdklaja" on him, and he cut her head off? That didn't happen in the movie. And he didn't write a murder confession. Or run into a ZQN grannie right after leaving her apartment. So we don't see him initially being "absurd" like we do in the manga, trying to reason with these zombies. He still was hesitant and in denial (?) like in the manga, but when he acted like that was inconsistent..... Maybe his inconsistency is what makes him even more so similar to his manga parallel? 

It was an alright movie, on the better side of the spectrum. For a manga->big screen adaption? Excellent. One of the best. :batoto_015: 

There were some cool CGI for ZQN and their movement, and as bloody as it was, there wasn't very much gore.  :batoto_002:  I'm talking about arms barely hanging on the body by some ligaments and lots of visible torn and shredded muscle. Most of the zombies "gross" parts where the nasty eyes and some ugly cuts, besides (DISCRETE SPOILERS) jumpy and manga sex bloaty, and the first victim of jumpy had her innards pulled out. A bg character had his mandible ripped (?) or pulled down his neck, it looked like an infected bottom lip that got very stretched out and droopy. Those are the only parts I remember being "oh shit! that's fucked up!" in terms of gore, for me, personally ofc... 

Hiromi doesn't talk most of the movie and their most important introduction was changed and their character is also toned down by a lot. I think the production tried to compensate for taking out the part that makes you sympathize with Hiromi as a person by hiring a cute looking actor

Spoiler

The prequel movie is frustrating and not worth watching unless you care about a nurse and it's ~73 mins. It shows how her hospital encountered the patients who were ZQN and most of the movie is of the "found footage" variety. Which doesn't make sense to me because the outbreak happened right at that time, so who got the footage and released it? Yeah ik it's a movie but that kind of thing makes it hard to enjoy. And the characters were alright. It'd be nice if they were aware that it was a zombie outbreak and their medical teammates were dying and putting themselves at risk, instead of doing a lot of wasting time. 

For those wondering if this movie is kid appropriate or like me might want to show watch this with family and your children,

Spoiler

Sorry for the bad writing  :batoto_025: as you could tell i wrote this on whim :batoto_003:

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!

Nyu

Nyu

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
good movie!!

Edited by Nonomiya, 02 February 2017 - 04:30 AM.

In time's of elimination