Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Final Chapter (264) disc. (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Serial Raper

Serial Raper

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

HIDEO UR GOING INSANE STOP TALKING TO URSELF.

BAMBI NOOOO

vedasisme

vedasisme

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

What kind of ending was that?  He drew out the last arc for so long as if something important would happen and then...nothing.

Alanj95

Alanj95

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I am not going to pretend that there is any major meaning to the abrupt ending, but I like it anyway. I mean, hell, this last arc has been more of an epilogue than an ending. And certainly a more hopeful capstone than most post-apocalypse stories.

Edited by Alanj95, 28 February 2017 - 07:11 AM.

wigjump

wigjump

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

WTF?

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." Seneca the Younger

Diablo667

Diablo667

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

And the cycle of season go repeating and repeating.  Just like the Circle of Life.  *Humming The Lion King's Circle of Life....

Kreanga

Kreanga

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I liked that ending. I mean, the last color panel is wonderful. The drawing is still quite strong and poetic.
And i like the way hideo talks to the little mascot, that reminds me of the movie with tom Hanks :D
"WILSON ! WILSON NOOO ! I M SORRY WILSON !"
xD

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts

It's awesome. Kinda brings me back memories of Farmer Saga and Vagaond. Never thought I would say that but: Thorfin, Musashi and Hideo.

A trio of awesome farmers, hunters and warriors. 

elixer

elixer

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationkanyetothe best girl

It was fine. I felt like we were catching up with Hideo throughout previous chapters, and it's only now we're "along for the ride" at it's final chapter, where his story is "currently" taking place, even though he's merely a fictional character. And the manga is over. I like that Hanazawa is letting Hideo live on in our heads and through out imaginations we can decide what happens next in his new and open world. It ended with Hideo not being defenseless, and in a predator position instead of a prey. A good end for a horror story. I can appreciate it. I don't love it, but now that the initial "wow I just read this!! asdkkaldl *Can't articulate*" buzz has worn off, I can confirm kind of like it. 

LEMME SEE

HOW YOU GON' TREAT ME!

I AINT NO EASY

BETTER THINK ABOUT IT TWICE!!!

osooro

osooro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the ending made me feel so sad, especially when Hideo took off his hat and we saw how much time has passed. Will he live a life alone?  Is there no one else to stumble upon?  And I'm still a little confused to what happened to his young love?  Guess things were moving so quickly and...

well, it was all such a beautiful work. perhaps we'll see Hideo again?   

MadotsukiInTheNexus

MadotsukiInTheNexus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the ending made me feel so sad, especially when Hideo took off his hat and we saw how much time has passed. Will he live a life alone? Is there no one else to stumble upon? And I'm still a little confused to what happened to his young love? Guess things were moving so quickly and...

well, it was all such a beautiful work. perhaps we'll see Hideo again?

There are two possibilities that I can figure out for what happened to Hiromi. Either:

1.) Without whatever the Kuruzu composite represents, a Hive can't function properly. As a result, it went through the process of merging with a large building like the one at La Sagrada Familia (Sunshine 60, in this case) and calcifying, but it couldn't ultimately fulfill its role. In that case, Hiromi is for all intents and purposes just dead. This seems like the most likely option, since the Hive seems to be having some serious trouble toward the end. In that case, Hideo really is a hero, although he probably wouldn't be super happy to find out why.

2.) She turned into an Infected Queen like the one in Barcelona. It's something that's no longer anywhere close to human, watched over by that city's "Kuruzu" as it spawns what are probably the half-human hybrids mentioned by the group in Pisa (whose unwilling, incredibly young Queen was rescued at least temporarily by someone *probably* similar to Hideo).

In either case, no more Hiromi-chan. If she is still alive as a Queen, she's probably neither conscious nor aware of her own existence, which is a good thing, really.

As for Hideo, I want to think he would eventually be rescued like he expected. Some countries apparently survive the infection better than others (France is able to conduct an air strike on the Paris Hive, which there's no particular reason to think wouldn't kill it). Maybe there are eventually going to be attempts to save survivors in the hardest hit regions. It could be an interesting topic for a sequel/spin-off, although I would rather not see much of Hideo because his story's already been told.

Edited by MadotsukiInTheNexus, 04 April 2017 - 06:44 PM.