Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

links to websites that DO host that manga that you don't host here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

shadow1like

shadow1like

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
I LOVE Batoto and I understand for legal reasons you cannot host some manga but why can't you give links to websites that DO host them if we search for them in your search engine?

It would not be hard to do and it would not put you guys in any legal trouble

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
Firstly, belongs to 'Suggestions'.
Secondly, your suggestion = less traffic = ads pay less = servers can't be paid = batoto dies. And that's that.

Posted Image

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
A comic is not on Batoto either because no one have yet uploaded it or it is against the rules and policies to do so. In the first case you can simply upload it yourself, provided you follow the aforementioned regulations, but in the second case there is not much you can do.

Linking to other sites is not a good idea for a couple of reason. Most importantly, Batoto was found with an essential philosophy behind it, which not many other online reading sites share, meaning that linking to them undermines our own principles. This is the main reason, I think.

Secondly, your suggestion = less traffic = ads pay less = servers can't be paid = batoto dies. And that's that.

That's not true. Batoto doesn't lose traffic that way, because these comic do not exist here anyway so there is not traffic in the first place.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
What I mean is, people tend to go for sites that have everything.

Posted Image

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
They're not too hard to find with a simple Internet search, either. Google the title of a series and you'll find a ton of aggregator sites hosting it.

UIqflpq.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I LOVE Batoto and I understand for legal reasons you cannot host some manga but why can't you give links to websites that DO host them if we search for them in your search engine?

It would not be hard to do and it would not put you guys in any legal trouble

In some instances there are indeed links, or at least the information of where to go to find the type of titles you're talking about on the main page of the title......though I can't say that's an "official" batoto thing, often times it's other fans who have provided the information. And really, certainly in the case of a title being banned for content, it wouldn't make sense (at least to me) for the site that's banning it due to their policy to then promote it somewhere else.

Edited by svines85, 11 December 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
just google such mangas dont think it will take you long to find them

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
In 99% of all cases the content was either banned by us (for being inappropriate) or we aren't allowed to host it.

First of all, banned by us:

In some instances there are indeed links, or at least the information of where to go to find the type of titles you're talking about on the main page of the title......though I can't say that's an "official" batoto thing, often times it's other fans who have provided the information. And really, certainly in the case of a title being banned for content, it wouldn't make sense (at least to me) for the site that's banning it due to their policy to then promote it somewhere else.

Secondly, on the subject of linking to scanlators who don't allow rehosting here:

If we implemented that everybody would deny us the right to host since we would directly link to their chapters.
Batoto is an online reader not an "online referer".

I believe what mhh is saying is that it rewards the people who disallow uploading on Batoto which may result in an unwanted repercussions. As "nice" as we want to be, positions which may be self-destructive wouldn't be ideal.

Orginal Topic.