Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Keep One, Drop One!

• Please log in to reply
13889 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

event horizon

Actually I think going out and exercising might be better than just lying in bed all day.

If you've got a high fever and your head is spinning then ye

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I've wondered about this before (excercising while sick: good or bad?) And it looks like the consensus is broadly, "it depends, and mostly on your symptoms".

But also, I don't see much advice for exercise as a curative—just that it's okay to do so under certain circumstances.

Apparently I had Vitamin C wrong, incidentally—science appears to say it's worthless as a preventive measure, and only useful as a curative.

New Horizons

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

New infections 

I got worse again don’t know if it’s one of those cross infection 

Khrazy_one

Khrazy_one

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNecromancer until the very end. Goodbye everyone ^___^/

Pandemic Infections

ur all not worthy

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Pandemic Panic

Worthy of what now, prithee?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

panic attack

worthy of the release that's death - they haven't squeezed enough profits out of us yet

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 03 March 2020 - 06:05 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

attack plan

i'm kinda surprised that there's so many people who voted for biden instead of sanders

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hug attack >w<

I voted at a polling place. It was awful (lines to get into lines, took a solid couple hours to get through it) unless you only wanted to turn in the ballot you got in the mail like it were a postal drop-off or something. (I wanted to vote in the pres. primary and I couldn't be bothered to mail them something to get them to send me that extra piece of paper, so there I was).

Some kinks in this new system of theirs. This seems questionable compared to before for anyone who doesn't have lots of free time like I do (and obviously mail-in doesn't work for everyone).

Well, we'll see how it goes from here.

(Re: Biden, not really a surprise after the other moderates dropping out but the other fer-lefts didn't. Still kind of disappointing—I don't hate Biden but I've never really thought he's presidential material, and he seems like such an... Uninspired choice, next to a lot of the other candidates.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

bear hug

The guy's vice president material lololol

He's the left leaning centrist as suppose to the right leaning centrist like the other republican candidates in the past. Surprised that even votes in Alabama would count. Like seriously? You think people in Alabama and South Carolina would flip blue?

Only swing state votes matter ...

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 05 March 2020 - 11:45 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
>w< Brown Bear

The only way only swing state votes matter (for the purposes of the primary), is if the only thing you care about is which party wins. Which isn't how it's... supposed to be, at any rate.

This year that matters more than normal, admittedly. I would vote in a dead parrot glued to its perch sooner than Trump. But we're not about to change the whole voting system for this one year.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

panda bear

The corona is finally here! We don't have the plague or the horeseman of appocalypse but only a lame version of it that kills 2-3% of the infected and people are already panicking like no tomorrow.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Panda pajamas <3

--

What do you mean no horsemen of the apocalypse?

The first horseman of the apocalypse fits the Coronavirus without much stretching (at least by the usual low standards used for things like prophecies of Nostradamus).

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Now consider that the Coronavirus is called that because it's more or less a variant of the common cold that looks like it has a crown. The bow is emblematic of the airborne-transmitted pandemic. The Lamb can be Trump breaking something, maybe the CDC or maybe something broader, in keeping with those who elected him hoping he'd bring about Armageddon.

...and I said all this without remembering that the first horseman is the one that, in some relatively obscure tradition that got taken up by pop culture, is the horseman of Pestilence.

Honestly by the free-form English-lit-symbolism standards by which prophecies are usually judged, I think we're set for the apocalypse. Next is War with Iran fueled by Trump's desire to raise his flagging poll numbers, followed by famine in the resulting nuclear winter, followed by death.

And then the meek inherit the earth or something, I think. Only the Christian ones though. The poor bastards.

These apocalyptic predictions more or less write themselves, don't they? So far we're still around, though.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Although the real worry nowawadays is decrease in aggregate demand due to worker quarantine bringing in a recession. If the economy goes south there's a high chance the republicans won't get re-elected. So if anyone who really hates Trump should do their best to spread the virus , bring forth more panic and lockdowns

pajama day (april 16) - did you know?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I did not know. But in these days of unemployment, every day is Pajama Day >w<

It is good to have a pajama day for everyone, though. :'3

Purple pajamas

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

color purple (weird book)

apparently it's the day after taxes

only two things are certain in life after all. speaking which the deadline this year for irs might be postponed

this means that if you owe tax refund the government can keep it longer in the bank and make more interest? not sure...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I mean you can file your taxes way before April 15 and I don't think they wait 'till then to process them...? I'm not sure either though. I'll be waiting 'till the last minute because I'm slightly afraid they'll auto-switch me to Medi-Cal when they find out how little I made last year (which would outright fuck me because places I'm in the middle of getting treatment from wouldn't take that insurance, and also because it's quite likely I would un-qualify myself again before the end of the year—*%%$ this system D:<)

Purple plumage

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

white plumage

- this came to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNZg2xwl54&t=60

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

white game

hey guys, hope you are doing well and don't actually have corona. 

college shutdown lol break for 20 days. and exams were due to start this Sunday.

we partied so much it got into local news

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Penrowo >w<

Pit and I are in one of (or just the, period?) the "hardest hit" city-areas of the U.S. and there's still only a few hundred known cases (though probably more than that out in the wild) which since the area has a few million people is still a pittance—but too many to keep things completely contained and since it spreads like the common cold, the strong measures being taken currently are probably well-justified given the virus' proven ability to overwhelm hospital systems.

Also, if the partying is due to closures meant for virus spread-control, partying too much probably is counterproductive towards that end—on the other hand, it seems important to let go and enjoy miracles when they happen. uwu

White bunny

I hope you are also doing well. *super hugs* >w<

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

easter bunny

wish I could party these days tbh....

i'm not exactly teeming with enthusiasm these days after recovering from my cold DDDD:

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 15 March 2020 - 08:00 PM.