Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SIU's Q&A Translations & Discussions

Question Answer

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Duvet

Duvet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFinland

Irregulars in my tower? It's more common then you think, run a free scan.

and 2 days later their amount has tripled

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
What a huge amount of material to not know about til now! I'll be honest in that I find this better than the last chapter!
-------

The bit about Yu Han Sung's age (500+) puts a big damper on one theory that he's the short-lived progeny of Bloodmadder.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

The bit about Yu Han Sung's age (500+) puts a big damper on one theory that he's the short-lived progeny of Bloodmadder.

Pish! Just adds weight to the "dead girl/boyfriend" theory. :D Or, little half-sister/ brother, mother/father or other iteration of nearest and dearest. :lol:

That, or, you know... actively working with Bloodmadder for unknown goals/ whatever... <blood runs cold>

Edited by Euodiachloris, 14 November 2012 - 07:22 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Androssi or even Hwa Ryun as potential heroines. Judging by when that question was asked (08/21/2010), that was at around chapter ~10 (assuming ~50 chapters per year, that was ~108 chapters ago and we are currently at chapter ~118), which means neither Androssi nor Hwa Ryun had been introduced yet. But more importantly, neither had Parakewl. One can only hope...

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts
Considering that there is a question about the Bullet that disintegrated:
Q: In chapter 22, we see a bullet disintegrating in midair. Is this Baam's ability or Black March's? (12/24/2010)

So it was atleast that far in the story, so Hwa Ryun hadn't really come out yet ^^
Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
Technically, by the time the questions were written, Black March wasn't present either.

Really, all other females are unworthy of being main heroines. It's either Rachel or BM and if SIU says Rachel is not such, then clearly BM is the only other viable option.

-----

Q: Will Baam become the king of the tower? (07/26/2010)

Spoiler

So, which Baam is going to either become the King of the Tower or replace Jahad's position. I lean towards the former.

Zahard gave special materials/ores/substances to Edwaru. It is said that the 13 months series were made from this.

Hmm, I wonder where did he got them from. It seems to me possible that his entrance in the Tower was a planned action and these materials were gathered beforehand. It would also explain why he didn't enter alone, but with already formed team of 10 subordinates.

Q: Are the outside world, Baam's place, and the Tower different places? Yuri said, "Even Evan, an A-grade guide, agreed that he's a normal human!" Can they assess the strength of others? (10/04/2010)

Spoiler

So, if they are not from different worlds/universes, does that mean Jahad is from the Outer Tower as well? I refuse to believe Baam is from outside the whole Tower.

Q: How old is Baam? (11/22/2010)

Spoiler

Hah, SIU doesn't say "I cannot tell for now.", which he does on other questions, so I guess this will not be revealed and will remain a mystery. Hah! I guess then Baam is not associated with anyone or anything and is complete stranger/mystery for everyone.

Q: Where are Zahard and the Ranking Administrators? How many irregulars have entered the tower? [3rd question was not written] (08/01/2011)

Spoiler

So, does that mean another Irregular will be revealed in the future? At the point this was written, the currently known Irregulars were also known. Or does SIU mean that is just a "real" secret?

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Androssi or even Hwa Ryun as potential heroines. Judging by when that question was asked (08/21/2010), that was at around chapter ~10 (assuming ~50 chapters per year, that was ~108 chapters ago and we are currently at chapter ~118), which means neither Androssi nor Hwa Ryun had been introduced yet. But more importantly, neither had Parakewl. One can only hope...

Math works! The question was asked before chapter 8 (2010/08/23).

I'd got a step further and say that either Androssi or Hwa Ryun is in all likelihood the heroine. (Didn't SIU make a comment about Hwa Ryun being the most being the most beautiful person on 2F being something relevant?) Unless SIU plans really far ahead, which is possible (but I have my doubts).

Algis

Algis

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • LocationFrance
Good stuff, even if it's from 2010. Thanks LaFa.

I wanted to know how people travel between the floors. How is it possible for Yuri and Evan to get to the 1st floor in a few minutes and for Lero Ro and Quant to climb 75 floors in 6 years. Where were Yuri and Evan when Baam entered the Tower (which floor) ?

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

Technically, by the time the questions were written, Black March wasn't present either.

Really, all other females are unworthy of being main heroines. It's either Rachel or BM and if SIU says Rachel is not such, then clearly BM is the only other viable option.

I was writing a reply to this and then realized it was sarcasm. It is sarcasm, right? (honest question)

Math works! The question was asked before chapter 8 (2010/08/23).

I was working with very rough estimates (didn't count breaks, pro/postlogues).

I'd got a step further and say that either Androssi or Hwa Ryun is in all likelihood the heroine. (Didn't SIU make a comment about Hwa Ryun being the most being the most beautiful person on 2F being something relevant?) Unless SIU plans really far ahead, which is possible (but I have my doubts).

He said Hwa Ryun's beauty was foreshadowing. Interpret that as you will. My guess is she was either a princess or a princess candidate before joining FUG, as being physically beautiful is seemingly a requirement to become one.

I'm leaning towards Androssi being the heroine he was talking about. She got a lot of screentime and development in season 1 and she's tightly connected to both Baam and the Zahard system. Plus, she's also really strong, which means she can take care of herself as the story progresses. And SIU just keeps teasing us with her appearance in season 2.

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

What a huge amount of material to not know about til now! I'll be honest in that I find this better than the last chapter!

Honestly, this was worth waiting 3 o 4 weeks for a real chapter. It´s probably so important that it is probably worth what we will get in the next 3 weeks as well. If we hadn´t been in this forum a lot of answers would have been lost forever. Like Black March protecting Baam ,etc. The Company really needs to include this info in their translations. Maybe not all of them because there a huge spoilers :P

I hope for my mental sanity that you are right about Hwa Ryun

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada
Of course, there is the caveat that the question was answered 8 chapters into the story. I don't think there is a single author who ended up writing the exact story they envisioned from the get go.

If Yuri and Yu Han Sung took 200-300 years than how long do people think it will take the main cast to climb the tower?

We know that in terms of strength Yuri >> Anak from what Lero-ro said. But having a talented team would certainly make life easier, although with Anak and Androssi it might be the opposite. In any case, it probably means SIU has some huge time skips planned.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

I was writing a reply to this and then realized it was sarcasm. It is sarcasm, right? (honest question)

Yes and no. No, it was not sarcasm. Yes, it is expressed in a jesting (a bit) manner.

I don't like most of the females in the story, because they are arrogant/imperious, condescending, spoiled, shallow, apathetic and others. This description is for Anak, Androssi, Yuri (who also is repulsive authoritative), or in other words - the princesses. Same goes for Hwa Ryun for the most part. Besides Rachel and BM, Yeon is the only other agreeable female in the current cast, who I will accept with a clear conscience.

And as the answer by SIU was phrased, I still have my hopes it's Black March, because she really wasn't present at the time the answer was given. She appeared in ch3-4 (iirc) and we haven't seen her since.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

fawn

fawn

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts
LaFa, are you sure about the dates? According to the dates on Naver, some of your dates don’t make sense:

Q: Is Yuri really 180cm tall? (06/20/2010)
According the date on this page: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=183559&weekday=mon&page=12]
the first chapter of TOG was posted on (06/30/2010) : in other words, the question about Yuri's height occurred when TOG didn’t even start yet.

Q: Does Zahard let his daughters act freely? If the Zahard's princesses are this strong, won't other regulars be at a disadvantage? (10/18/2010)
According the date on this page:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=183559&weekday=mon&page=11
Chapter 16 was posted on (10/18/2010) so how did the Korean readers know about Zahard princess being strong? (by chapter 16, we did not even know that Anak was a princess, we only learn that Anak is a princess in chapters 18 and 19)

Even though the other dates can make sense, I think some of those dates are a bit weird so can you please check again.
I apologize for asking so much of you (bows head), but getting the correct dates in which the questions are asked can help us figure out what some of Siu’s answers mean.

Edited by fawn, 15 November 2012 - 04:35 AM.

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Some of these questions may have been asked before Tower of God became a webtoon (ToG was listed under the best challenge section in Naver before it was picked as a webtoon). If I remember correctly, the best challenge version of ToG went up to the crown game before it was selected to be a webtoon.

Edited by LaFa, 15 November 2012 - 04:27 AM.

fawn

fawn

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

Some of these questions may have been asked before Tower of God became a webtoon (ToG was listed under the best challenge section in Naver before it was picked as a webtoon). If I remember correctly, the best challenge version of ToG went up to the crown game before it was selected to be a webtoon.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

As for the discussion about the heroine:
The question about the female protagonists occurred when season 1, chapter 7 was out, and Androssi and Hwa Ryun did not appear.
I originally thought Yuri had the best shot at being the heroine, but since SIU ruled her out as a person who already appeared, I think that Androssi is the heroine because she has accomplished two tasks that make her worthy of being the heroine:
  • She challenged against Quant and won with Baam’s help: she was main reason that Baam and the rest of her team passed the test
  • When pressured by Ren to kill Anak, she decided to spare Anak and tag teamed with her against Ren : her heroic decision has helped stall Ren long enough for Anak to be saved
Even though I like Hwa Ryun and Yi Hwa more than Androssi, I do not see them as heroine material yet. Hwa Ryun being a guide, and worshipping Baam as a god, makes her more of a support character. Yi Hwa might have a chance if she manages to be useful in the craftsman room battle, but I highly doubt it.
My second choice as heroine would be Black March because I don’t think she actually appeared yet. Only an illusion of her appeared in Baam’s mind in chapter 4. Or possibly Black March is a weapon made based on a real person's personality/appearance...(becomes too complicated for me to explain)

Edited by fawn, 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM.

FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Thanks a lot, LaFa.

I'd wondered for a while whether we'd see Baam with another weapon. I don't really see it being Black March, unless it becomes his fabled weapon as it doesn't like women, and was designed for the Prince of Zahard. I sort of expect Baam to gain a weapon through the Gongbang.

Rern

Rern

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

As for the discussion about the heroine:
The question about the female protagonists occurred when season 1, chapter 7 was out, and Androssi and Hwa Ryun did not appear.
I originally thought Yuri had the best shot at being the heroine, but since SIU ruled her out as a person who already appeared, I think that Androssi is the heroine because she has accomplished two tasks that make her worthy of being the heroine:

• She challenged against Quant and won with Baam’s help: she was main reason that Baam and the rest of her team passed the test
  • When pressured by Ren to kill Anak, she decided to spare Anak and tag teamed with her against Ren : her heroic decision has helped stall Ren long enough for Anak to be saved
Even though I like Hwa Ryun and Yi Hwa more than Androssi, I do not see them as heroine material yet. Hwa Ryun being a guide, and worshipping Baam as a god, makes her more of a support character. Yi Hwa might have a chance if she manages to be useful in the craftsman room battle, but I highly doubt it.
My second choice as heroine would be Black March because I don’t think she actually appeared yet. Only an illusion of her appeared in Baam’s mind in chapter 4. Or possibly Black March is a weapon made based on a real person's personality/appearance...(becomes too complicated for me to explain)

Lol, I love your post except the last part because......READ THE WIKI!!!
hahaha xD
The Black March is a sentient weapon, that wasn't a illusion of her appearing in Baam's mind. It really was the Black March. All weapons in the thirteen months weapon are sentient. They're alive. You can see Green April's crazy face too, but I wonder when will we get to see Green April as a character. Other than those creepy eyes, we never seen it talk or something.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I don't like most of the females in the story, because they are arrogant/imperious, condescending, spoiled, shallow, apathetic and others. This description is for Anak, Androssi, Yuri (who also is repulsive authoritative), or in other words - the princesses. Same goes for Hwa Ryun for the most part. Besides Rachel and BM, Yeon is the only other agreeable female in the current cast, who I will accept with a clear conscience.

And as the answer by SIU was phrased, I still have my hopes it's Black March, because she really wasn't present at the time the answer was given. She appeared in ch3-4 (iirc) and we haven't seen her since.

Anak is like that because events in her life shaped her to be like that.
Her family was killed, she wants revenge. Who knows what's been happening during those 300 years of her life, what she has been doing, what was happening to her, with who she was... we become assholes in a matter on weeks or months, she had 300 years to become who she is today.
Androssi... well, her arrogance comes from her position and power, after all, she worked to become a Princess, and she became one, she was better than god knows how many candidates, and she became a Princess, she also seems to be one of the strongest, if not THE strongest regular we've seen so far. And the eviroment she grew up in is not something that makes you into Miseng.
Yuri however, just has a temper :P From what we've seen so far, nothing wrong with having a temper, she's a smart girl, so that temper doesn't exactly go against her. And then again, THE POWER she posseses.
Hwa Ryun... yeah, she's a bit on the "leave her alone" side, can't even joke with that girl. That "pig pig pig pig pig" moment was hope for us all that she'll be that kind of a character, but seems we were wrong :(
Yihwa... tsundere xD A bit smug, but she seems very open to the idea of changing herseft.
And Black March, really looking forward to seeing her again :D

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Algis

Algis

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • LocationFrance

I agree with you, but not for BM.
I don't like the princesses for the reasons you said (spoiled, bad tempered, authoritative, ...). Anak is not concerned imo, and plus, she is a lizard. You can think i'm not open minded but think it's like zoophily. Same for BM, she is not really a human being, she is a concious item. I don't mind BM being in love with Baam, but for Baam to have a real love relationship with a spirit he can summon from a weapon, I think it's creepy for a "shounen manhwa". And for Hwa Ryun, I totaly agree with fawn : "Hwa Ryun being a guide, and worshipping Baam as a god, makes her more of a support character".

Yihwa is the same age as Baam, she has a great sense of good and justice. SIU developped Yihwa/Viole relationship a lot since the chapter "the strongest regular", and so she is the best canditate to be the lover of shounen hero like Baam. Even so, I'm not convinced yet. And I think if Baam will ever have a lover, it's not for today !

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I agree with you, but not for BM.
I don't like the princesses for the reasons you said (spoiled, bad tempered, authoritative, ...). Anak is not concerned imo, and plus, she is a lizard. You can think i'm not open minded but think it's like zoophily. Same for BM, she is not really a human being, she is a concious item. I don't mind BM being in love with Baam, but for Baam to have a real love relationship with a spirit he can summon from a weapon, I think it's creepy for a "shounen manhwa". And for Hwa Ryun, I totaly agree with fawn : "Hwa Ryun being a guide, and worshipping Baam as a god, makes her more of a support character".

Yihwa is the same age as Baam, she has a great sense of good and justice. SIU developped Yihwa/Viole relationship a lot since the chapter "the strongest regular", and so she is the best canditate to be the lover of shounen hero like Baam. Even so, I'm not convinced yet. And I think if Baam will ever have a lover, it's not for today !

If Anak x Human would be zoophily, then Shepard x Liara/Thane... would be too.
If two different species are capable of intelligent thought and understanding of that, then there shouldn't be anything wrong or wierd about it.

About Yihwa and Baam, we don't know Baam's age.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler