Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What YOU would do if summoning worked.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

GodOfAll

GodOfAll

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
I, having the attribute God-God-God sacrifice all my attributes, making it Nil-Nil-Nil to summon, currygom, the god of kubera and control the world by giving currygom curry rice after getting my korean friend to speak to her in korean.
I am god.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Damn, that's a good one!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Even summoning 1 god is super hard, and I am not aware of it being even possible to summon non-gods. Many need to be of a similar temperament as their summoner to be summoned/want to be summoned, to be summoned in the first place, so with different personalities of supernatural beings, it would make it impossible for one person to summon them them all.

Summoning is not controlling. The god might play along to keep in the physical world, but they don't have to.

Yes, even summoning one god takes a bunch of your life. So summoning a bunch would kill you right away, even if possible. Plus grand power usage is really hard on the summoner, the god uses the summoners powers heavily for that. Remember how Agni nearly killed his summoner with just a bit of anger flare up? Making a castle would definitely kill you.

Yes, these are "technicalities" in a thread for fun, but you never really specified the perimeters of your question, so it really is hard to answer. But if summoning worked in RL like it does in the story, I would most likely not want to summon any gods. Maybe if I knew it was a god that could help me make the world a great place, to help end conflicts, hunger, pure evil, etc, I would consider it, assuming I could live long enough to accomplish anything. But if I was being selfish, I would not summon one in the first place, unless I was in a bad place with no other way out. The cost would definitely outway the benefits.

Edited by truepurple, 08 December 2012 - 05:20 AM.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Yea, even if we lived in this world of fantasy, I'm very well aware it's impossible to summon that many, but it's for fun :P

Also agni nearly killed Brilith because she was drained of all her vigour hence making his attacks drain Briliths life :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Well, if there is no cost, restrictions, limits, complete control if I so choose.

Of course I would summon everyone, even humans :P and use them to reform the world into a great place for most everyone, make other worlds to handle population overflow, and live a great eternal life. But so would most everyone else I bet. Really and truly, without perimeters, the question becomes rather boring to me.

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Summon Visnu and play chess with him. Then die due to massive shortening of lifespan, but die happy *_*

Edited by Eleean, 09 December 2012 - 01:22 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Die for a game of chess, that is too extreme even for the most dedicated chess player, I find it hard to believe you would really do that given the chance.

Edited by truepurple, 09 December 2012 - 05:36 AM.

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Oh my, really?

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Oh my, really?

Hmmm... somebody doesn't get the true soul of a gamer, then, eh? ;)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Hmmm... somebody doesn't get the true soul of a gamer, then, eh? ;)

Life is worth living only if short and Visnu chessed played, that's what I always say.

Edited by Eleean, 09 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
To die or not to die.. for the love of the chess game.. we are getting philosophical here ^^ However one would probably not stand the slightest chance against Visnu in chess, since he can foresee each of your moves...
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

To die or not to die.. for the love of the chess game.. we are getting philosophical here ^^ However one would probably not stand the slightest chance against Visnu in chess, since he can foresee each of your moves...

Yes... but, that's the whole point. Mega-challenge to the max, mate. :D There's nothing quite so satisfying as managing to outwit a cheating computer or DM, even if it's only for one play of the whole game. ;)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 09 December 2012 - 06:10 PM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
But let's take the game of Go (in Korea Baduk, in China Weiqi -- it's the game that Agni plays in the God Realm at the moment when Brilith summons him), until today there is no mega computer which could beat the Grand Masters, the people bearing the 10th Dan in Go.. In opposite to chess, where the computers now became more powerful than the best chess player in the world. So one only has a chance against a computer that is weaker than the human, because the current computer levels and software are not yet powerful enough.. But Visnu is not just gazillions of billions of years old, he just plainly foresees each move, and there is no way to "move differently". The only way to beat Visnu in chess would be for someone like Taksaka, who would be able to destroy Visnu's body until the end of the current universe. But that on the other hand would be equal to a screaming kid, who attacks a grown up when it loses a game ..not a real win in the end...

On the other hand, as a chess teacher, Visnu would be formidable. So I guess that "playing chess against Visnu" is meant in a philosophical way, like having a learn and relax time with the oldest of the Gods, or something like that ^^

Edited by Goobera, 09 December 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Truth is what I wanted to say was:
1. Oh gosh I just summoned Visnu. Let's play chess with him.
2. Oh, there is Visnu here and I am... playing chess with him? Man, I am not even that brilliant at chess.
3. what the, since there is Visnu here let's have fun and be mates forever (?) by playing one game (logic supported by nonsense).
4. why not chess?
5. Whatever the experience is, it must be awesome if with Visnu.
6. He can foresee my moves? MORE FUN
7. I am playing Chess with Visnu. Yay.

At any rate, I am a huge fan of Visnu, if anything I said before didn't express it.

Edited by Eleean, 09 December 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Goobera, I was talking the abstract. :) DM = Dungeon Master (of Role Play games). ;) Most of whom are human.... Well, people... <_< Um... denizens, at least. ;)

Cheating Computer is another way of saying "the game is against me". :D The full title is... "The Computer is a Cheating Bastard (and Hates Me)". ;) Insert more swear words for even worse levels than usual. ;)

Facing a Grand Master when you're as green as a stalk of spring grass is... about the same. :D

Edited by Euodiachloris, 09 December 2012 - 07:32 PM.

PlotCap.png

foremostproxy

foremostproxy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Summon Surya. Annoy her by making her stand random places so I can use her ambient radiance as a lamp.

Hopefully she wouldn't slash me in half xD

Better idea, have her spin around at parties. Willarv rave central!

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

D) I'd summon the god of mathematics and convince him to HELP M ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THIS NONSENSE!!!!