Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[spoilers] (Light Novel Only) Logic Proof: White >> Red

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Zyst

Zyst

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMexico
Hey guys, so I just started reading the light novel and... well, I finished Volume 3 and I think I made a program on java that simulated a number of increases you decide and basically there's no logical way for the Red Dragon to beat the White Dragon on a 1 on 1, here's the program for those curious:

import java.util.Scanner;
public class albion {
	public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in);
		int red = 1;
		int white = 1;
  int in = 1;
  int count = 1;

System.out.print("Please input the number of repetitions: ");
  in = sc.nextInt();

while(count < in){
  red = red*2;
  white = (red/2) + white;
  red = red/2;

System.out.printf(count + " itteration the power of red is: " + red + " and the power of white is " + white );
System.out.println();

count++;

}
}

}

Sorry, the formatting got messed up a bit, but anyway! I simulated as if they both had the same 'starting power' (which is false, but just for the sake of this and that can also be easily adjusted by changing "red" and "white" integers on the program.

Anyhow, a sample print:

~/Desktop$ java albion
Please input the number of repetitions: 10
1 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 2
2 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 3
3 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 4
4 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 5
5 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 6
6 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 7
7 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 8
8 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 9
9 itteration the power of red is: 1 and the power of white is 10

Even in the case which I find it 'plausible' for a few iterations for the red dragon to beat the white dragon it'd have to be with this:

He'd start pre-boosted and beat him up before he can use his power, that would be extremely hard because as we've seen he's no pushover but meh.

I'm sure that considering all the volumes out there either one of them has already won, but at least mathematically the Red Dragon shouldn't be able to beat the white dragon.

Also consider that the red dragon boosts ridiculously, like to "10000" to say a number, and lets say the white dragon user only has a power of 400~, as soon as the battle starts he halves that and steals it making the white dragon power 5400 and the red dragon 5000, the next increase of the red dragon WOULD push him back to 10,000 but the white dragon would then steal another 5000 making him 10400 and keeping the red dragon at 5000 at which point all hope is lost.

Sorry for wasting your time with this, I was just a bit bored. Back to reading!

jasser

jasser

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
thats not the way it works (kinda) you will find out in vol 4... the key point you take from vol 3 is
Spoiler

edit:<Zoom Zoom Iyaaan. Zoom Zoom Iyaaan>

Edited by jasser, 29 September 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Iamanoob

Iamanoob

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Keep reading.
I'm not gonna spoil anything for you.
Woops! I guess the cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyhow? Cats HATE bags. - Sheogorath

BlitzRazor

BlitzRazor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
you definitely should read up further on the light novels

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
indeed, this whole LN simply revolves around <zoom zoom iyaan! zoom zoom iyaan!>
it took a few volumes for me to understand that though.
ophis is kawaii~<3
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Zyst

Zyst

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMexico
After reading up to where the novel is I see now, lol...

Anyhow! The huge difference here is that
Spoiler
From what I've seen White Dragon power is incredibly suited for duels, to the point where he is likely invincible in a 1v1, of course there are going to be even more loopholes around that but that's my conclusion.

White doesn't even need to go into Balance Breaker to defeat anyone, because his normal boosted gear steals half the power and adds to his initial value, so let's say you are now amazingly strong and your power is over 9000! Lets say white guy without anything is sitting at a comfortable 3000 (undershooting it but whatever) the first iteration will always steal half and add to yours, so while you lower to 4500 he becomes 7500, even if his power is way lower he should always (Theoretically in a battle of pure numbers) win.

However Red is better suited at fighting many people because his increments are completely independent of outside sources unlike White. But still, there's a lot of things around this, like the fact that
Spoiler
or that
Spoiler

Still, love the series and interested in seeing how it develops! Also I agree, Ophis is super moe haha.

Kireas

Kireas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I am assuming that you have read the entire novel up to the latest, including the special Ophis chapter. If not then it's best you don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

Kind of lengthy but there you go, though all of what I have said is just purely my opinion, not meant to be forced onto anyone

Edited by Kireas, 20 December 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Zyst

Zyst

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMexico

I am assuming that you have read the entire novel up to the latest, including the special Ophis chapter. If not then it's best you don't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

Kind of lengthy but there you go, though all of what I have said is just purely my opinion, not meant to be forced onto anyone

I am happily up-to-date including Ophis, anyhow there's just a whole plot hole you might be missing here in your opinion.

Spoiler

Edited by Zyst, 14 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
There's something that's clearly obvious here: the theme of good (white) triumphs over evil (red)
It may be that I'm biased and that it's not that way in the LN (I haven't gotten that far unfortunately, but I'm catching up), but from what you guys say, it's come clear to me that the constant, indefinite theme of the Holy defeating the Unholy is present. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm just saying there's no point in figuring out who will win if that theme is dictating the two dragons
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Gene Eric Pseudonym

Gene Eric Pseudonym

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

There's something that's clearly obvious here: the theme of good (white) triumphs over evil (red)

What coloured hair does the main heroine have? What colour is the main character's boosted gear? Just those two should tell you what you need to know about the "good (white) triumphs over evil (red)" theory. :lol:

BTW, the full name of the owner of the "White" Dragon Boosted Gear is:
Spoiler

It may be that I'm biased and that it's not that way in the LN (I haven't gotten that far unfortunately, but I'm catching up), but from what you guys say, it's come clear to me that the constant, indefinite theme of the Holy defeating the Unholy is present. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm just saying there's no point in figuring out who will win if that theme is dictating the two dragons

"Good" triumphs over "Evil". Yes.

"Holy" triumphs over "Unholy". Most certainly, unequivocally, absolutely not.

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

Spoiler

Edited by Beelz, 11 May 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Zyst

Zyst

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMexico

I think there is something else to add... now that Issei became a humaniod dragon he should be able to further develope in different ways and his already unpredictable growth should become more unpredictable...

Please put that in spoiler tags, while this is obviously not spoiler free by any means lets keep it as free of it as possible.

Kireas

Kireas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I am happily up-to-date including Ophis, anyhow there's just a whole plot hole you might be missing here in your opinion.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I can't wait for vol 14. my local bookstore has them already but they haven't prepped it for sale yet. The wait is killing me >.<

Zyst

Zyst

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMexico

Spoiler

I can't wait for vol 14. my local bookstore has them already but they haven't prepped it for sale yet. The wait is killing me >.<

Do enjoy that when you get it man! You make a very good point and its mostly wait and see. I think we believe Ise has more versatility fight-wise its because the LN focuses around him and not Vali, if we saw stuff from Vali standpoint maybe we'd have a drastically different opinion.
Spoiler

Kireas

Kireas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I will. Or rather, I did.
Spoiler

Edited by Kireas, 02 February 2013 - 03:49 PM.

NinjaWolf32

NinjaWolf32

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGeogia

If I'm spoiling for someone I'm sorry but not really.

I can't wait to see Issie go berserk in the manga or anime probably won't be in the anime though.

Eldau

Eldau

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDenmark

As I was reading all this, I was thinking about the power of the two dragons.

Spoiler

I think that was what I was thinking about, albeit I may have forgotten some of it.

Ceimur

Ceimur

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

<spoiler>Ise's state right now can't be defeated by girls, because of the power of his bilingual and his dressbeak x dragonshot combo but, no, he can't defeat vali right now.</spoiler> 

Posted Image

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
Finally caught up with the light novels

Spoiler

So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Maglad

Maglad

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

thats not the way it works (kinda) you will find out in vol 4... the key point you take from vol 3 is

Spoiler

edit:<Zoom Zoom Iyaaan. Zoom Zoom Iyaaan>

What, who killed it? was it the 

Spoiler
? It was the 
Spoiler
, wasn´t it?! XD