Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33877 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

50 so last night i had this weird dream where i was back in school, where i basically was failing a test and i kinda somehow sneak-peaked at my desk partner and somehow copied all the answers from the book, but i was too scared that i would be found that so i tried obfuscating the answers to look still right but not right enough to get some points ... 

and then i tried to go find my dad because he was picking me and i couldn't his car... walked all the way down the block

and i didn't feel too bad

but after i woke up i feel really bad and i don't know why ... i knew ofc everyone would eventually be moving on but still it kinda hurts to know that this is going to be inevitably true

Edited by PItiful Boar, 04 March 2024 - 06:15 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

51 i want to just get paid to stare at space like those librarian assistants, so my mind can just doze off. 

For reasons that I don't understand I'm feel lethargic af today

Edited by PItiful Boar, 04 March 2024 - 09:24 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I went to the dentist today.

I have more cavities than limbs. =w=

but after i woke up i feel really bad and i don't know why ...

For stuff like this, it should be pointed out that sometimes it's literally just brain chemistry coming up with emotions first and us coming up with rationalisations afterwards ~w~

I think there's some evidence stuff is actually surprisingly often a little bit like that.

51 i want to just get paid to stare at space like those librarian assistants, so my mind can just doze off.

For reasons that I don't understand I'm feel lethargic af today

Grey day #5 sort of mood

It could literally be the weather. We've gone through some whole years without this many cloudy days in a row, probably, given how obnoxiously mild our whether normally is XD

I hope it was a pleasant lethargy instead of an unpleasant one, on the balance (I've def had both)

Edited by pokari, 05 March 2024 - 10:42 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

53 ouch! that doesn't sound too good man! are they going to give you a long treatment plan, also if you dont mind my asking - how much is it going to cost you?  

Paying out of pocket is pretty harsh.

the lethargy is part of my attempt to lose some weight .. im at 173 rn and i will aim for 163 by the end of the month... I also want to become more fit 

also i woke up at 5 something this morning... i'm glad to know that my laptop is around 60% charged and so it went completely dried when i took it to the bedroom w/ charger and i was able to avoid any electronic interference when i woke up at 5... so i'm happy that one bad habit saves another... think i'll do that going forward

Edited by PItiful Boar, 05 March 2024 - 06:23 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

53 ouch! that doesn't sound too good man! are they going to give you a long treatment plan, also if you dont mind my asking - how much is it going to cost you?  
Paying out of pocket is pretty harsh.

Three grand ~w~

They'd probably give me as much as half off if I asked for it (these are the nicest people you could imagine) but I'm now looking for someone who actually takes my insurance (poor man's insurance does at least have some dental)

Fascinating result of that: All five of the doctors (out of 126) that I can find in south bay that take MediCal and have a large number of positive google reviews are sort of clustered around northeast San Jose, as if they were a small diaspora that came from Alum Rock Park or something (one's actually south of downtown but still). A couple of them are even right next to each other.

I wonder what particular combination of land prices, population density, coincidence, or what caused this. Or cultural stuff possibly (literally more than half the dentists who take MediCal are Vietnamese, TIL. Most of the rest are Indian. White folks don't much do 'poor people' I guess!)

the lethargy is part of my attempt to lose some weight .. im at 173 rn and i will aim for 163 by the end of the month... I also want to become more fit 
also i woke up at 5 something this morning...

Ten pounds in one month is not healthy (particularly if actual loss, not just like dehydration and whatnot to account for half of it, though dehydration's not great either). That's risking edging nicely into starvation, where you're dissolving organs instead of fat. No, our bodies are not smart enough to just get rid of all the fat before setting about our internal organs...

i'm glad to know that my laptop is around 60% charged and so it went completely dried when i took it to the bedroom w/ charger and i was able to avoid any electronic interference when i woke up at 5... so i'm happy that one bad habit saves another... think i'll do that going forward

XD

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

55 poor you man, 3 grand... ouch

just avoid candy or sugary stuff like me and you *should* be fine... also, i have an itching feeling the bosses are going to cut medical / dental etc so I might be joining you in the search for it soon! 

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

speak of the devil, just got the cancellation notice for anthem dental, great! time to look for a dental plan, or just a new job

Edit - nope, turns out the management was just too incompetent to notice that they didn't pay. Asked to restore after issuing payment 

Edited by PItiful Boar, 06 March 2024 - 10:07 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

whelp i guess i still need to find new work 

WORK WORK WORK 

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

56 yesterday i felt like i wasted time playing gacha (Fategrandorder) grinding to get costumes for characters

57 all these mofo bots clogging up the airwaves

all these soup base from instant noodle packages... are they really good for me

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

58 what to do ... what can i do ... hmmm

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

59 gained one lb from last night damn

so i got notice that former boss who got pushed out / replaced out resigned... kinda shame but ... coz i didn't feel she was the kind of who was a professional manager who managed and having an inept manager was kinda cool. I was slacking off so badly back in the days. 

If It was ME being a professional manager, I would implement the stuff I read online about... creating an action plan, doing scrum, having 5 min report every morning ritualistically like military physical training... 

i literally held my breath as i tried to authenticate 34K against a customer's credit card and it went through without fraud...boysss we did it

i need to believe in my own luck... i was incredibly lucky to have just bad incompetent bosses 

Edited by PItiful Boar, 08 March 2024 - 05:45 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I thought I posted all this last night but I apparently didn't:

just avoid candy or sugary stuff like me and you *should* be fine...

I am not constitutionally capable of this XD

My sweet tooth is large and fierce! All the cookies in the land shall phear me! >w<

speak of the devil, just got the cancellation notice for anthem dental, great! time to look for a dental plan, or just a new job

Edit - nope, turns out the management was just too incompetent to notice that they didn't pay. Asked to restore after issuing payment

God, is that better or worse I almost can't decide XD

56 yesterday i felt like i wasted time playing gacha (Fategrandorder) grinding to get costumes for characters
57 all these mofo bots clogging up the airwaves
all these soup base from instant noodle packages... are they really good for me

Gacha is meant to make you feel that way, sooner or later, when you get down to it ~w~

Not aure about the ramen packets. Honestly the instant ramen noodles themselves are often scarier than the flavour packets, basically fried wheat that they are. Flavour packets are mostly just too salty?

69 70

(I'll catch up with the rest but I'm heading out the door to a doctor's appointment right now :'3)

Edited by pokari, 08 March 2024 - 09:05 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Phew that was a long day

59 gained one lb from last night damn

No you didn't. Like, I mean, not really. There is simply no realistic way to put on a pound of meaningful body mass in one day—nor to lose it without serious injury.

1 lb in one day is going to be water and/or food weight differences (also occasionally, clothes). Like, a pound is just 1 pint of water, a single decently-sized glass. If you want to track trends in daily weight loss you're going to have to do something like record the results and apply some sort of noise-reduction function and then find out roughly how you were doing like, a week ago trend-wise (and accordingly you'll never know how you've done today, relative to yesterday—it's just not knowable, all you'll get is noise, not signal)

so i got notice that former boss who got pushed out / replaced out resigned... kinda shame but ... coz i didn't feel she was the kind of who was a professional manager who managed and having an inept manager was kinda cool. I was slacking off so badly back in the days.

If It was ME being a professional manager, I would implement the stuff I read online about... creating an action plan, doing scrum, having 5 min report every morning ritualistically like military physical training...

i literally held my breath as i tried to authenticate 34K against a customer's credit card and it went through without fraud...boysss we did it

i need to believe in my own luck... i was incredibly lucky to have just bad incompetent bosses

I have had competent and incompetent bosses and while I definitely enjoyed the competent ones more on average, there definitely are some wild moments with the just-don't-care ones, sometimes, yeah XD

Edited by pokari, 09 March 2024 - 12:39 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

72 what happened during your long day besides the dental appointments which were obviously not pleasant

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh, it wasn't a bad day, just long (by my pathetic standards) and felt longer because I started it tired.

The dentist (I think orthodontist) appointment wasn't even bad. Not for teeth stuff per say; intake appointment on getting a dental device for sleep apnea (basically just hold the lower jaw forward during sleep so the throat can't close).

But I did mess up the time and arrive an hour early, and the appointment itself was long (a lot of waiting), and the drive home from Stanford (medical centre) was at rush hour. So that took up like most of the day (or felt like it, in reality it was less than five hours).

And then not long after that I was doing remote tabletop stuff with friends until near vaguely near midnight.

So, pleasant, actually. Just long!

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

74 i just saw the super casual dating bot use the same user profile as the crypto coin bot

are they the same bot, do you think its bot on bot violence

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

75 i want to do something fun like a 3 day get away

Edited by PItiful Boar, 11 March 2024 - 07:04 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I feel like there must be so many of those one can do... And yet I wouldn't even know where to start looking for them ~w~;

Well, except for camping. But that's not usually what people mean by that.

74 i just saw the super casual dating bot use the same user profile as the crypto coin bot
are they the same bot, do you think its bot on bot violence

All it's missing is alcohol to check off the classic trifecta of things a tired-cliché jaded character would be looking for when they enter town.

But booze probably doesn't normally match well with SEO leading to scam sites or whatever it is. Hm.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

77 bru i just wanna collect some stories, so that when i reach the end of my life, i wouldn't say well, i didn't manage to control the means of production, wasn't able to free anyone from their shackles ... but i did gather some cool stories

and i dun wanna go some place far and exotice like fiji, i just want to get to know how honest hard working people do their work each and every day and write about some stories... this is not too much to ask for , is it?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

78 yesterday i wasted two hours or something like that lying in bed and listening to an audiobook that wasn't even really all that great to begin with

Edited by PItiful Boar, 13 March 2024 - 04:22 PM.