Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33881 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Start again, guys. Sorry-not-sorry~

^^ Nice of you to drop by~ :'D

Whereas I've been going to sleep super late just on account of pandemic-induced cabin fever and existential angst. oxo; (I saw dawn the other day from the wrong side which is very rare for me).

A lot of my time lately has been spent in Fallout 4 making settlements to my architectural and artistic tastes. A good amount of the time is spent fighting the build system to get it to let me do what I want or trying to find pieces to make things fit together without looking terrible which in its own weird way is actually rather zen. An open-ended puzzle of sorts.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

If y'all like Runescape-like games at all, I recently found a really nice game on Steam called Damascus. I recommend checking it out.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

hmm playing postappocalyptic games in an appocalypse

I had a strange dream last night. I was somehow drafted into working at a hotel doing cleaning work and then I got a watch with activation for haunted rooms. The boss was some shady character that had me activate one of the rooms. A colleague got curious and had me activate another room and the big oil painting in the hall got possessed by a ghost/vampire, and it started seducing men and sucking their blood. Pretty cool dream I have to say.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Runescape... Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Honestly it's funny to hear something described as "runescape-like" given that back in the day it was described to me as "a shameless WoW clone but free"—though I imagine if that statement was once true it's likely their nature has diverged somewhat since then.

I'm not really an MMO player though. Closest I've gotten recently is Elite Dangerous, which to the extent it is an MMO is still decidedly not an MMORPG in the traditional sense. Having humans around breaks story immersion too much. (Has been fine for stuff like Minecraft where there is no/minimal story, but my interest in low-story games outside of sandbox games is limited, unless they're really remarkably drop-dead shiny and gorgeous)

So long as it wasn't killing anyone with the blood-sucking, sounds like potentially a pretty fun and memorable work day in the grand scheme of things.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

3 culling the species is sorely needed tho

doing it through the industrialization route / educating the farmers is too slow... we need to do something drastic, like how communist countries send their educated urban dwellers to the countryside - we need to send north american and european citizens to africa ... preferrably at gun point

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I do hope you're being sardonic. Africa did nothing to deserve that sort of disaster.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

5 the population is 7 billion going to 10 billion

Africa is mostly responsible, so yes they do

but hows that a disaster? its a boon... 

in order news i bought a certification exam from the net... says guaranteed to pass... well, i took the test. Passing score was 60, and I got 64. Meaning I got 32 out of the 50 questions right. That's pretty bad... still I passed. But I will never trust the examination exams ever again... 

also $120 bucks for a retry damn...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Er... "Responsible" seems like a misnomer; birthrate is higher anywhere with higher poverty and mortality and lower education, and the colonial powers seem more responsible for the shit-state a lot of Africa is in, than the residents.

Also, certified for what?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

7 i'm a proud certified Alibaba Cloud Associate in Cloud Computing... meaning what, I'm not exactly sure. Gradual phase out of my job? There was a time when I built servers, installed OS, built virtualization machines... those were the days..

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

8 dental works today ... medieval time

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

9 everytime i go into the dental office for a cleaning i promise myself this is the year i will do a better job brushing my teeth... and believe i do... but somehow this time I went in and got a groove check and got a 6 in the right corner (like golf the higher number the worse the score)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Honestly a good deal of the results are determined by genetics. I have one or more cavities basically every other time I go for a checkup. Brushing just helps.

Actually I think I got better groove scores (if they're what I think they are) back when I flossed and brushed less. Go figure.

I swear I'm now more confused instead of less, post-explaination-of-certificate XD

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

11 business is slow 

people don't really want to go in, but i do see some old folks at the waiting lounge

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

"Old folks" is exactly that whom should especially not be going out right now, though. ^^;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

13 i have already resigned to fate... if my folks get it from me going out (for grocery and medical appointments and such) it must be fate. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Sounds more like "dumb luck" than "fate" to me, but I get that to a oot of people that's the same thing. ~w~

We've finally gotten down to trying to order most groceries online. And ever since my eldest sister moved back in for reasons, we've been doing some sanitisation, too, even though indirect contact isn't supposed to be a big transmission vector. But basically, spray-bottle with 70% rubbing alcohol most stuff that's going in the fridge or freezer, let sit for a minute, wipe off. As for the rest, let it sit in the pantry until the virus would be dead—varies by material. Interesting stuff, although there's a lot of annoying edge cases like packaging that isn't practical to spray down (egg cartons, produce bags with breathing holes) that we often just ignore XD.

It's unclear which of this is helpful and necessary and which is (compared to other small risks we take for various reasons) just buying peace of mind. Alas, for better or worse I think nobody really knows all the odds yet.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

15 i haven't tried ordering groceries online tbh... what web service do you use?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Two attempts have been made—one with Amazon's stuff and one just ordering online delivery from Safeway.

I wasn't personally involved much with either attempt, but of the two I think I'd stick with Safeway—orders less backed-up (Amazon said something like "your options are having it delivered early in the morning or not at all" which was... painful for us) though it still was not a perfect experience: Order not completely correct (including both a couple missing things and a couple bonuses XD This is in groceries for five people, mind, it was like 95% correct), and ended up delivered an hour outside the delivery window, hilariously by GrubHub (I think as a sort of overflow delivery contractor).

Safeway only charged $4 for delivery FWIW... But I think that price came with a large delivery window (like 6 hours maybe? ...which again they arrived an hour after) so possibly one has to be okay with having someone being there the whole time waiting for stuff to show up to throw it in a fridge and whatnot.

So, yeah, it isn't perfect. We're considering trying curbside pickup next time I think. And we'll probably still end up visiting the stores occasionally for small specific runs or such, but that's not clear yet.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

17 believe it or not I goto Target to get my groceries more often than Safeways...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I mean, we actually usually go somewhere else too (and in fact we're trying curbside pickup with them for tomorrow). I don't know what Target's delivery/pickup stuff is like, if any. But the difference really matters a lot less, when ordering for delivery online (like, the selection is different, but you don't have to figure out the aisle setup for another store, for instance).