Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Twilight

bad experience twilight vampi

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

The one that i posted is also dracula.That dracula can turn into a mist,can wipe an army with a single strike, and turn into fucking dragons.
Yeah,i think i choose that dracula.

Certainly. But that's not the "original" Dracula, that's only what you feel is the "coolest" Dracula, much like all of those teenyboppers most probably believe Edward is the "coolest" Dracula of them all. The original, actual Dracula cannot turn into mist, dragons or anything fancy like that; he's merely an undead, overly powerful being with a thirst for blood and several quirky weaknesses.

What I'm getting at is, the version of Dracula you prefer is likely as far from an actual original vampire as Edward is.

UIqflpq.jpg

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
But we can both agree that EDWARD IS GAY.

sigpic578_26.gif

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

But we can both agree that EDWARD IS GAY.

And Darren Shan is awesome!

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Can someone explain to me this concept of a "real vampire"? Because I don't really get it. Haven't vampires been constantly changing over the past 150ish years? I mean, the whole "being killed by sunlight" thing was invented by the movies and was never in any classic novels, vampires have always shifted between hideous and ridiculously beautiful (the latter even going back past Anne Rice to Carmilla), and the vamps vs werewolves thing is really recent. So what makes a vampire "real" or "not real"?

Though I agree that Twilight's amazingly stupid. Thankfully it's never ruined anything for me. I still like vampires, I still like books, I still generally dislike romance stories. It just dissapoints me that so many people can read it and actually think it's "good". Even if the story and characters weren't so dumb, Meyer's prose is absolutely juvenile. JK Rowling is by far a more sophisticated writer, despite her target audience being about eight years old. I feel like it's insulting all of the genuinely good books out there, by putting them on the same level =/

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
KRISTEN STEWARD <3

ROBERT PATTINSON so handsomeeee OMG <3

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

wait, this is a hate thread? :o

chriftopher

chriftopher

Potato

• Members
  • 154 posts

Can someone explain to me this concept of a "real vampire"? Because I don't really get it. Haven't vampires been constantly changing over the past 150ish years? I mean, the whole "being killed by sunlight" thing was invented by the movies and was never in any classic novels, vampires have always shifted between hideous and ridiculously beautiful (the latter even going back past Anne Rice to Carmilla), and the vamps vs werewolves thing is really recent. So what makes a vampire "real" or "not real"?

What makes a real vampire is specific traits, mainly sunlight kills them. I think this is the main one and don't need to mention any others

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

Potato

• Banned
  • 176 posts
nah I want a blood fest with a setting like
VAMPIREs sleeping in coffins, with humans trapped in their home.
at night..well..you guys got the idea..kinda zombie-verse...

and that must include:
1. SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
2. BLoODY HELL!!!
3. Corps..
4. crazy gory blood sucking....

wait this is even more zombie-verse...
(Am I still in the bright (or not) road of vampire-believer?)

Code name: JJ

Agent number: -01
Combat ranking: SS*
Special abilities: Claymore, camper trolling.

Favorite line: "Greece is awesome, Russia is awesome, Germany is awesome, Asian is super awesome, I'M MAZIMUM AWESOMZEEE!!"
Favorite motto: F*ck yeah~ I trolled a camper~~~ >3<)t

SteveoTheBeveo

SteveoTheBeveo

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that you don't know...
I'll say this in the simplest way possible; Twilight has single-handly destroyed the imagine and folklore that writers such as Bram Stoker and Anne Rice had established long ago by a Mormon woman who wrote it after having 'a wet dream about her and a sparkling fairy'. (That last bit might be off, but I stand by it nonetheless)

That is really all it comes down to, the whole concept of Twilight is about the 'FEAR of having sex' this something that adolescent teenage girls continue to fantasize about (until they come of age or actually 'do it') and this book plays on that whole thing once you see past all the vampire and Werewolf BS. Speaking of which, did anyone ever know that Stephanie Meyer hadn't read A SINGLE BOOK ABOUT VAMPIRES prior to writing Twilight? That is right, no Bram Stocker or Anne Rice in her WHOLE LIFE. Goes to show how you can screw up over 100 years worth of established fiction by NOT actually reading the damn SOURCE MATERIAL.

Edited by SteveoTheBeveo, 30 September 2012 - 07:05 AM.

Spoiler